Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Thread: A

Default A

Listen up wise guys, question for you OK. Does a scammer have to have proof of ID and home address when they pick up money wires ?

The reason I ask is this, as they use multi-address's, surely this would not be possible. I'm assuming that all they need is the sender's name and address, and the MCN.

Cheers

Alex

Non veritas verba amanda

Hey man,
    All they need is passport and transfer number. No proof of address required.

imported_admin Guest

Hi Alex,

Full name and MCN only (in most banks in Russia). If you transfer money to "Natalia Ivanova" it means that a woman with such name exists but of course it doesn't mean that this is a woman you have writting to or is on received photo(s).

Best regards,
    Admin

I have been dealing with WU and was assured that they are well aware of the scamming. The policy there is full ID with a picture and address, the person picking up the monies has to fill in a written questionaire before the monies are turned over. Maybe some of the banks don't
    do this but our end cannot control the actions of the foreign outlets.I phoned the WU head of securities and he is trying to impliment a system of taking pictures of the recipients of the WU transfers.Hope this works and they realize that too many pickups by the same woman means a scammer, and too many names to the same woman is relayed to the police for prosecution.

Many thanks Guys. It had occurred to me that if the same women kept turning up in the Local WU office with different names, alarm bells should be ringing somwhere.

What WU are proposing to, as outlined, sounds like the right approach to the problem.

Alex

Non veritas verba amanda

I do not think they will ever implement it, unless they want to be out of business in no time.

Insider,
    I use to date a girl from Philippines for several years. When she was sending packages to her family, upon delivery they would take pictures of the person who accept it. Guess what, they are still in business. I think taking pictures of recipient would be a good idea, but, it will not happen anytime soon. WU is interested in conducting business, they don't care if people lose their money. Implementing this law would back fire on them, so it will not happen unless our government steps in.

If WU wants to keep business, they will want to keep the repeat business of the money transfers. Not all business is going to the illegal scammers but even the honest transfers will pull out if they hear too many scams going on through the WU. It would not be a LAW but a BETTER business practice to implement some control.