Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

The true ones will be thrilled if you visit them at their home town. They are family oriented and want you and the family to meet. The lady I am to visit in October, has arranged an apartment for us, as she lives with son and aging parents in a small house, she arranged my letter of invitation, checked for all and any flights to a town near her to shorten my time travelling to her ( 13 hours on a train) but the airline stopped flying to her town. All this done and not a whisper of money . Exchanges thru the regular mail and many , many E-mails and pictures. There are some honest ones out there, maybe you have to contact them first instead of waiting for a "cat" to land in your lap.

Here's the latest. I let her know that I'm not sending $$$ to her and she seems to have accepted that. She's explained the situation to her mother who has offered to pay half the travel costs and I can send the other half to an account at the travel agent, which I don't intend to do.

And JSK21, no need to be so crass. I won't be making any mistakes and I'm not desperate like most guys who get involved in this kind of thing are. It's useful to continue it for the sake of seeing where it goes. If one person reads what has transpired and saves himself some pain, it's worth it.

here is a test for her. Ask her to send you her half of the costs via WU and you will then PREPAY the flight tickets. Just reverse the situation , see what she does. Then if she refuses , just state that she does not trust you.

quote:Originally posted by toymaker

here is a test for her. Ask her to send you her half of the costs via WU and you will then PREPAY the flight tickets. Just reverse the situation , see what she does. Then if she refuses , just state that she does not trust you.
    Hey, that's not bad. Already sent a reply to her telling her to get her mum to find out exactly how much it costs, get her mum to fork out all the dough and I'll let her know how much I can help her cover. I'm hoping this will either be the end of it or she'll come up with the goods. Gotta go - I have a date tonight. lol