Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Russian Ladies

Andy,
    From reading all of your previous post, you seem to be a nice guy.
    But you also so that you are very GULLABLE take some of the advice
    that you have been getting, it could "SAVE YOUR LIFE"!!!!!!

Mike

GOOD LORD.....How much more does it take for a gullible person to hear what he sees. He is taking his life in his hands and beleiving in the things he wants to hear but listens not to those that have been there. I cancelled my trip and I even had a lady meeting me in Moscow to be interpretor and guide. But I heard from one fellow that was taking the taxi to the train station from the airport and not knowing where they were going, ended in a deserted place and he was robbed and beaten severely as he did not give up his passport easily.I would never take a chance like this, but then again I hear what I read.

GOOD LORD.....How much more does it take for a gullible person to hear what he sees. He is taking his life in his hands and beleiving in the things he wants to hear but listens not to those that have been there. I cancelled my trip and I even had a lady meeting me in Moscow to be interpretor and guide. But I heard from one fellow that was taking the taxi to the train station from the airport and not knowing where they were going, ended in a deserted place and he was robbed and beaten severely as he did not give up his passport easily.I would never take a chance like this, but then again I hear what I read.

Iam listening to the advise you all have been giving me. The ticket I have is non-refundable though.

Iam listening to the advise you all have been giving me. The ticket I have is non-refundable though.

Been traveling to Russia and Ukraine about 3 or 4 times per year since 1999. 19 or 20 times total and I normally stay there 10-14 days. I always travel alone since my friends are not so adventurous.
    My first few trips were real learning experiences. Had a few encounters with some bad guys and crooks but was able to hold my ground.
    After becoming somewhat 'streetwise' I rarely have too much of a problem, whether alone or with a girl.
    My advice to someone traveling to Russia alone for the first time is this:
    1: Do not venture too far away from the tourist areas. In Moscow this would be considered the center of the city.
    2: Be very cautious with strangers that are overly friendly.
    3: Be very cautious with taxi drivers. In Russia, almost any guy with a car is a taxi. This is where alot of guys make mistakes. If you somehow get into the wrong 'taxi' you could very well become a non-breathing PERMENANT resident of Russia.
    4: Trust NOBODY 100%. Use good common sense and always expect the unexpected.
    5: If outside the normal tourist areas, WEAR EYES ON THE BACK OF YOUR HEAD. Have a plan for defending yourself if need be. DONOT think that the local police will protect you.
    6: Find yourself a good woman that speaks some English. She will know much more about the do's and dont's. People and places to avoid.
    You should be OK in Moscow or St Pete. If you like, I can tell you some good places to go in Moscow that are reasonably safe. Alot of nice looking friendly women too.

Been traveling to Russia and Ukraine about 3 or 4 times per year since 1999. 19 or 20 times total and I normally stay there 10-14 days. I always travel alone since my friends are not so adventurous.
    My first few trips were real learning experiences. Had a few encounters with some bad guys and crooks but was able to hold my ground.
    After becoming somewhat 'streetwise' I rarely have too much of a problem, whether alone or with a girl.
    My advice to someone traveling to Russia alone for the first time is this:
    1: Do not venture too far away from the tourist areas. In Moscow this would be considered the center of the city.
    2: Be very cautious with strangers that are overly friendly.
    3: Be very cautious with taxi drivers. In Russia, almost any guy with a car is a taxi. This is where alot of guys make mistakes. If you somehow get into the wrong 'taxi' you could very well become a non-breathing PERMENANT resident of Russia.
    4: Trust NOBODY 100%. Use good common sense and always expect the unexpected.
    5: If outside the normal tourist areas, WEAR EYES ON THE BACK OF YOUR HEAD. Have a plan for defending yourself if need be. DONOT think that the local police will protect you.
    6: Find yourself a good woman that speaks some English. She will know much more about the do's and dont's. People and places to avoid.
    You should be OK in Moscow or St Pete. If you like, I can tell you some good places to go in Moscow that are reasonably safe. Alot of nice looking friendly women too.

That would be great! I have no one to travel with becuase my friends are also not that adventerous. I have lived in NYC and Miami and other places that you needed to be street smart. I know there will be a lot different because of the language and me not speaking it. I would like to meet someone who is nice to maybe see sites with though. Iam trying to work out the taxi thing now to be picked up at airport so I will not have to worry about it or try and negoiate. I will be leaving November 2nd and be there on the 3rd.

That would be great! I have no one to travel with becuase my friends are also not that adventerous. I have lived in NYC and Miami and other places that you needed to be street smart. I know there will be a lot different because of the language and me not speaking it. I would like to meet someone who is nice to maybe see sites with though. Iam trying to work out the taxi thing now to be picked up at airport so I will not have to worry about it or try and negoiate. I will be leaving November 2nd and be there on the 3rd.

I am afraid that you "street smart American bravado" will not help you in Russia. These people have lived in object poverty unlike you and will take every chance to take advantage. You are risking everything including your life and/or health. You have not really thought this through as where in Russia are you going to meet someone to be your savior, all the smart ones stay at home away from Russia. Your first "silly" thing you did was buy a nonrefundable ticket and the second was going to the wrong country for the first time and thirdly "going alone". Some people think they are street smart but there are only "live" peole that are smart. Good luck... Please leave one of us your christian nmae so we may watch for a notice, and we can tell all on here what a "brave " man you were. Think about it again and again....ajtst10 ... then think once more before you get on the plane...