Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Russian Ladies

I am afraid that you "street smart American bravado" will not help you in Russia. These people have lived in object poverty unlike you and will take every chance to take advantage. You are risking everything including your life and/or health. You have not really thought this through as where in Russia are you going to meet someone to be your savior, all the smart ones stay at home away from Russia. Your first "silly" thing you did was buy a nonrefundable ticket and the second was going to the wrong country for the first time and thirdly "going alone". Some people think they are street smart but there are only "live" peole that are smart. Good luck... Please leave one of us your christian nmae so we may watch for a notice, and we can tell all on here what a "brave " man you were. Think about it again and again....ajtst10 ... then think once more before you get on the plane...

As I said, you should be OK in Moscow and St Pete, if you follow my advice in a previous post.
    The Old Arbot section of Moscow is the very best place to go if you want to make contact with some nice Russian ladies. Not far from Red Square and there are many interesting things to do there. The perfect place for a foreigner looking for a companion.
    A very safe place to be if you are alone. It is about 12 city blocks long and lined with restuarants, sidewalk cafes, a few clubs and many nice little shops. The actual street is closed to all traffic and you will find many musicians and dancers performing right in the street. Also many artists selling their paintings.
    The place always has a very festive atmosphere and there are 100's of single women of all ages.
    On of my favorite places in Moscow is the "La Cantina" Mexican Kitchen restuarant/nightclub located at 5.Tverskaya St. Also very near to Red Square and a very safe area. American owned so naturaly alot of Americans go there. Live music every night and all of the waitress's and barmaids speak English. You will find many Russian women dropping in and out all night long since the place in located right on Tverskaya ST. The main street in Moscow leading to Red Square. Very easy to meet a nice Russian girl there.
    I have only been to St Pete twice so I don't know as much about it as Moscow. Aside from the normal tourist attractions like the Hermatage Museum I would say that Nevsky Prospect is the most interesting area for an American. Alot of Russian ladies everywhere.

As I said, you should be OK in Moscow and St Pete, if you follow my advice in a previous post.
    The Old Arbot section of Moscow is the very best place to go if you want to make contact with some nice Russian ladies. Not far from Red Square and there are many interesting things to do there. The perfect place for a foreigner looking for a companion.
    A very safe place to be if you are alone. It is about 12 city blocks long and lined with restuarants, sidewalk cafes, a few clubs and many nice little shops. The actual street is closed to all traffic and you will find many musicians and dancers performing right in the street. Also many artists selling their paintings.
    The place always has a very festive atmosphere and there are 100's of single women of all ages.
    On of my favorite places in Moscow is the "La Cantina" Mexican Kitchen restuarant/nightclub located at 5.Tverskaya St. Also very near to Red Square and a very safe area. American owned so naturaly alot of Americans go there. Live music every night and all of the waitress's and barmaids speak English. You will find many Russian women dropping in and out all night long since the place in located right on Tverskaya ST. The main street in Moscow leading to Red Square. Very easy to meet a nice Russian girl there.
    I have only been to St Pete twice so I don't know as much about it as Moscow. Aside from the normal tourist attractions like the Hermatage Museum I would say that Nevsky Prospect is the most interesting area for an American. Alot of Russian ladies everywhere.

come on guys! dont make the person panic. it is not so bad.

taxi and for help, use http://www.realrussia.co.uk/. the person you will talk to is called Irina. she will arrange everything to you with the office in Moscow.

you can prebook your transfers from airport to hotel and you can also prebook any transfers you want. also you will get a telephone number of a person called Eugene. all you need to do is call him and he will arrange what you want.

as for being a rough place? it is not. any country at night is a rough place. what you need to do is to be a bit careful and not try to be "too clever".

come on guys! dont make the person panic. it is not so bad.

taxi and for help, use http://www.realrussia.co.uk/. the person you will talk to is called Irina. she will arrange everything to you with the office in Moscow.

you can prebook your transfers from airport to hotel and you can also prebook any transfers you want. also you will get a telephone number of a person called Eugene. all you need to do is call him and he will arrange what you want.

as for being a rough place? it is not. any country at night is a rough place. what you need to do is to be a bit careful and not try to be "too clever".

quote:Originally posted by toymaker

I am afraid that you "street smart American bravado" will not help you in Russia. Your first "silly" thing you did was buy a nonrefundable ticket and the second was going to the wrong country for the first time and thirdly "going alone".
    I am afraid that you are VERY MISTAKEN. Have you ever been to Russia?? I have personally been to many places in Russia many times. Alone !! Rarely do I have a problem but when I do my "street smart American bravado" (as you say) is my best defense.
    I understand that you are directing your comments to the other guy who has never been there but I seriously doubt that he will have a problem.
    And where do you buy a refundable airline ticket these days??

I am afraid that you "street smart American bravado" will not help you in Russia. Your first "silly" thing you did was buy a nonrefundable ticket and the second was going to the wrong country for the first time and thirdly "going alone".
    I am afraid that you are VERY MISTAKEN. Have you ever been to Russia?? I have personally been to many places in Russia many times. Alone !! Rarely do I have a problem but when I do my "street smart American bravado" (as you say) is my best defense.
    I understand that you are directing your comments to the other guy who has never been there but I seriously doubt that he will have a problem.
    And where do you buy a refundable airline ticket these days??

As anyone that has travelled or has looked into airfares........The agents that sell the tickets to you ask if you want to buy insurance for ticket refund in case you cannot travel on the date specified.It is a paultry sum but allows plans to change and allows a refund of the full ticket price. That is what is meant by a REFUNDABLE TICKET......I am very sorry if the comment was not explained fully for you. If a person does not buy this insurance (or use a credit card that allows the same refund action) they have sealed thier own fate. Save the small sum now and pay for it later.

As anyone that has travelled or has looked into airfares........The agents that sell the tickets to you ask if you want to buy insurance for ticket refund in case you cannot travel on the date specified.It is a paultry sum but allows plans to change and allows a refund of the full ticket price. That is what is meant by a REFUNDABLE TICKET......I am very sorry if the comment was not explained fully for you. If a person does not buy this insurance (or use a credit card that allows the same refund action) they have sealed thier own fate. Save the small sum now and pay for it later.

sorry you are totally wrong. NO INSURANCE will accept a cancellation of a travel ticket just on the basis of "i felt insecure and wanted to go home".

anybody who has dealt with insurance companies will tell you that they try to find the most minute of holes so they do not pay out.

travel insurance is if you fall sick, miss flights for a reason which is not your fault and the such. BUT DEFINETELY not because you fancied changing a date of travel.

there ARE fares which can be changed. for example club class travel. or an open return ticket. there are also some tickets where a change can be made subject to a penalty. BUT NOT insurance.

p.s. i worked in travel agencies for 13 years so i know the "deal".

to all russian scammers: i am somewhat of a bullshi*ter myself but i do like to listen to a professional. please carry on