Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Russian Ladies

quote:Originally posted by toymaker

As anyone that has travelled or has looked into airfares........The agents that sell the tickets to you ask if you want to buy insurance for ticket refund in case you cannot travel on the date specified.It is a paultry sum but allows plans to change and allows a refund of the full ticket price. That is what is meant by a REFUNDABLE TICKET......I am very sorry if the comment was not explained fully for you. If a person does not buy this insurance (or use a credit card that allows the same refund action) they have sealed thier own fate. Save the small sum now and pay for it later.
    sorry you are totally wrong. NO INSURANCE will accept a cancellation of a travel ticket just on the basis of "i felt insecure and wanted to go home".

anybody who has dealt with insurance companies will tell you that they try to find the most minute of holes so they do not pay out.

travel insurance is if you fall sick, miss flights for a reason which is not your fault and the such. BUT DEFINETELY not because you fancied changing a date of travel.

there ARE fares which can be changed. for example club class travel. or an open return ticket. there are also some tickets where a change can be made subject to a penalty. BUT NOT insurance.

p.s. i worked in travel agencies for 13 years so i know the "deal".

to all russian scammers: i am somewhat of a bullshi*ter myself but i do like to listen to a professional. please carry on

As anyone that has travelled or has looked into airfares........The agents that sell the tickets to you ask if you want to buy insurance for ticket refund in case you cannot travel on the date specified.It is a paultry sum but allows plans to change and allows a refund of the full ticket price. That is what is meant by a REFUNDABLE TICKET......
    Sure, if you are buying retail airfare direct from the carrier, anything is possible. But you will pay for these options upfront in the actual price of the airfare.
    99% of people traveling to eastern Europe from North America will purchase non-refundable wholesale airfare from a third party rather than pay the 50%-100% markup for retail airfare.
    I think that maybe you are thinking more in terms of domestic airfare. International airfare is completely different with many more restrictions.

As anyone that has travelled or has looked into airfares........The agents that sell the tickets to you ask if you want to buy insurance for ticket refund in case you cannot travel on the date specified.It is a paultry sum but allows plans to change and allows a refund of the full ticket price. That is what is meant by a REFUNDABLE TICKET......
    Sure, if you are buying retail airfare direct from the carrier, anything is possible. But you will pay for these options upfront in the actual price of the airfare.
    99% of people traveling to eastern Europe from North America will purchase non-refundable wholesale airfare from a third party rather than pay the 50%-100% markup for retail airfare.
    I think that maybe you are thinking more in terms of domestic airfare. International airfare is completely different with many more restrictions.

quote:Originally posted by nick20045

back to my saga.

last night met her father, mother, sister and sisters boyfriend. what a carry on!

nick20045, Are you in Russia right now? I've been reading your posts and it's funny as hell since it reminds me very much of my last (serious) relationship in Russia.
    Her father is a retired colonel (or equivilent) after serving more than 20 years in the red army.
    Exact same scenereo as yours except he gave me an old Russian army hat. I visited them about 9 times during a 3 year relationship and every time Alexander (her father) would break out the photo albums and the vodka.
    My girl used to get really pissed sometimes because me and her father would get blasted together. He speaks no English and I speak very little Russian so we used alot of sign language. Since I am also ex-military, we became quite good friends. My girl spoke excellent English but she would get pissed and refuse to interpret for us after we broke out the 'rocket fuel'. Her mother thought that it was funny as hell.
    Had alot of good times with that old man.

back to my saga.

last night met her father, mother, sister and sisters boyfriend. what a carry on!

nick20045, Are you in Russia right now? I've been reading your posts and it's funny as hell since it reminds me very much of my last (serious) relationship in Russia.
    Her father is a retired colonel (or equivilent) after serving more than 20 years in the red army.
    Exact same scenereo as yours except he gave me an old Russian army hat. I visited them about 9 times during a 3 year relationship and every time Alexander (her father) would break out the photo albums and the vodka.
    My girl used to get really pissed sometimes because me and her father would get blasted together. He speaks no English and I speak very little Russian so we used alot of sign language. Since I am also ex-military, we became quite good friends. My girl spoke excellent English but she would get pissed and refuse to interpret for us after we broke out the 'rocket fuel'. Her mother thought that it was funny as hell.

Sorry to inform you Sonar but....I was going to Russia in 3 days and due to an operation I have to have, I had to cancel the trip. I purchased airfare from my home in Manitoba and would land in Moscow. The cost was $1450 CDN Return, The insurance was a mere $90. CDN and I was happy I spent this little sum up front. It saved me a bundle.

Sorry to inform you Sonar but....I was going to Russia in 3 days and due to an operation I have to have, I had to cancel the trip. I purchased airfare from my home in Manitoba and would land in Moscow. The cost was $1450 CDN Return, The insurance was a mere $90. CDN and I was happy I spent this little sum up front. It saved me a bundle.

had to cancel due to an operation......

that is totally different to saying to the insurance "i want to cancel my trip because "i am afraid of the russian mafia" or "my girlfriend decided she does not like me so i want to return early"

to all russian scammers: i am somewhat of a bullshi*ter myself but i do like to listen to a professional. please carry on

had to cancel due to an operation......

that is totally different to saying to the insurance "i want to cancel my trip because "i am afraid of the russian mafia" or "my girlfriend decided she does not like me so i want to return early"

quote:Originally posted by Sonar

back to my saga.

nope. arrived back in uk on sunday evening. (Oct 02).

did not drink any alcohol when i was at their place. i was offered but had to "politely" refuse except for one glass of wine. nadya would have "kicked off" if i drank any vodka.

ok this is what happened......

first night i arrived in yaroslavl i checked into the hotel and she went to her apartment. barman does not speak english. reception does not speak english. so i am there, nobody else in the bar, just a barman. so ....... first word comes out of my mouth...... vodka.

so he points at the bottles. i point at one of them. i think it was called pushkin. so he pours a shot.

straight down the hatch it goes. (hell! i can drink a bottle of smirnoff neat in one night if i want to!)

so i point at another bottle. he pours a shot. (50 roubles not bad for a double). so straight down the hatch it goes....

i point at another bottle. he makes gesture that i will be drunk.......

he wants to challenge me to a drinking contest!!!! so i pointed at all the bottles

had about 8 different glasses of vodka (all doubles) in front of me. he ran into the restuarant and brought out all the waiters and waitresses.....

i can tell you they applauded when i drank all the vodka one after the other in about 30 seconds.....

problem was next day nadya and me were having a meal in the restaurant. she was amused how all the waiters and waitresses kept looking at me.

YEAH UNTIL SHE HEARD WHAT I HAD BEEN UP TO THE NIGHT BEFORE!!!!!

first i got a telling off. both in english and russian. [xx(][xx(] then before she left to go back to her apartment she told the barman something. heck if i understood but all i know is that from then onwards i was refused any vodka. just beer [V][V]

her dad and mum are ok. on the weekends they go to some country place. as i was leaving on sunday, they came to the hotel to wish me a good trip. damn! do they have to hug a person so tight!!!

i still cannot understand why playing chess, everytime i made a wrong move he will tell me. but the best one was when he mistook the king for the queen!!!!

try to explain (when cannot speak russian) how a king with a beard cannot be mistaken for a queen wearing a dress!!! and therefore cannot be checkmate