Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Russian Ladies

quote:Originally posted by Sonar

quote:Originally posted by nick20045

back to my saga.

last night met her father, mother, sister and sisters boyfriend. what a carry on!

nick20045, Are you in Russia right now? I've been reading your posts and it's funny as hell since it reminds me very much of my last (serious) relationship in Russia.
    Her father is a retired colonel (or equivilent) after serving more than 20 years in the red army.
    Exact same scenereo as yours except he gave me an old Russian army hat. I visited them about 9 times during a 3 year relationship and every time Alexander (her father) would break out the photo albums and the vodka.
    My girl used to get really pissed sometimes because me and her father would get blasted together. He speaks no English and I speak very little Russian so we used alot of sign language. Since I am also ex-military, we became quite good friends. My girl spoke excellent English but she would get pissed and refuse to interpret for us after we broke out the 'rocket fuel'. Her mother thought that it was funny as hell.
    Had alot of good times with that old man.
    nope. arrived back in uk on sunday evening. (Oct 02).

did not drink any alcohol when i was at their place. i was offered but had to "politely" refuse except for one glass of wine. nadya would have "kicked off" if i drank any vodka.

ok this is what happened......

first night i arrived in yaroslavl i checked into the hotel and she went to her apartment. barman does not speak english. reception does not speak english. so i am there, nobody else in the bar, just a barman. so ....... first word comes out of my mouth...... vodka.

so he points at the bottles. i point at one of them. i think it was called pushkin. so he pours a shot.

straight down the hatch it goes. (hell! i can drink a bottle of smirnoff neat in one night if i want to!)

so i point at another bottle. he pours a shot. (50 roubles not bad for a double). so straight down the hatch it goes....

i point at another bottle. he makes gesture that i will be drunk.......

he wants to challenge me to a drinking contest!!!! so i pointed at all the bottles

had about 8 different glasses of vodka (all doubles) in front of me. he ran into the restuarant and brought out all the waiters and waitresses.....

i can tell you they applauded when i drank all the vodka one after the other in about 30 seconds.....

problem was next day nadya and me were having a meal in the restaurant. she was amused how all the waiters and waitresses kept looking at me.

YEAH UNTIL SHE HEARD WHAT I HAD BEEN UP TO THE NIGHT BEFORE!!!!!

first i got a telling off. both in english and russian. [xx(][xx(] then before she left to go back to her apartment she told the barman something. heck if i understood but all i know is that from then onwards i was refused any vodka. just beer [V][V]

her dad and mum are ok. on the weekends they go to some country place. as i was leaving on sunday, they came to the hotel to wish me a good trip. damn! do they have to hug a person so tight!!!

i still cannot understand why playing chess, everytime i made a wrong move he will tell me. but the best one was when he mistook the king for the queen!!!!

try to explain (when cannot speak russian) how a king with a beard cannot be mistaken for a queen wearing a dress!!! and therefore cannot be checkmate

to all russian scammers: i am somewhat of a bullshi*ter myself but i do like to listen to a professional. please carry on

The fact that was meant was that if precautions are taken in the first place , a person would not be in the mess. I thought ahead and spent a couple bucks . It does not matter the excuse for cancelling. I could have used "I have a headache". The fact was that I covered the bases if I should have to cancel, not lose the ticket price entirely.

This other young fellow decided to go economically without thinking about if something should happen or he gets sick. If that should happen to an insured ticket, it can be cashed in and another bought at the same time. Otherwise the ticket is no good until the specified time.

The fact that was meant was that if precautions are taken in the first place , a person would not be in the mess. I thought ahead and spent a couple bucks . It does not matter the excuse for cancelling. I could have used "I have a headache". The fact was that I covered the bases if I should have to cancel, not lose the ticket price entirely.

This other young fellow decided to go economically without thinking about if something should happen or he gets sick. If that should happen to an insured ticket, it can be cashed in and another bought at the same time. Otherwise the ticket is no good until the specified time.

sorry but i have a headache does not count. it has to be something that a doctor says you cannot travel otherwise you can have serious consequences to your health.

sorry to read about your operation. but, next time you travel and you declare it, your premium is going to go up.

but insurance, first of all a person should check if there is what is called a "reciprocal agreement" between the country he/she lives in and Russia. (there is one between uk and russia). secondly, should still take out insurance. for a start, from what i understand, the state health hospitals are not that good. and, if need private medication it can cost an arm and a leg and last one, to insure the luggage.

to all russian scammers: i am somewhat of a bullshi*ter myself but i do like to listen to a professional. please carry on

sorry but i have a headache does not count. it has to be something that a doctor says you cannot travel otherwise you can have serious consequences to your health.

sorry to read about your operation. but, next time you travel and you declare it, your premium is going to go up.

but insurance, first of all a person should check if there is what is called a "reciprocal agreement" between the country he/she lives in and Russia. (there is one between uk and russia). secondly, should still take out insurance. for a start, from what i understand, the state health hospitals are not that good. and, if need private medication it can cost an arm and a leg and last one, to insure the luggage.

sorry Nick but in my country and indeed my CAA agency ....the flight is insured not the health. I was never asked about my heart condition or if I had a health problem. Only if you buy HEALTH insurance are you asked these questions. Travel(ticket) insurance is not health( medical) insurance. I can cancel for any reason and that was from the agents mouth.

It may be that way in your country but not all all travel agencies deal the same way. I asked about maybe coming home early from my visit in YO and was shown in writing that I can cancel anytime and purchase a new ticket if I purchase travel insurance. The health Insurance is at my option as it would not cover a preexisting condition that was there before you bought the insurance.

sorry Nick but in my country and indeed my CAA agency ....the flight is insured not the health. I was never asked about my heart condition or if I had a health problem. Only if you buy HEALTH insurance are you asked these questions. Travel(ticket) insurance is not health( medical) insurance. I can cancel for any reason and that was from the agents mouth.

It may be that way in your country but not all all travel agencies deal the same way. I asked about maybe coming home early from my visit in YO and was shown in writing that I can cancel anytime and purchase a new ticket if I purchase travel insurance. The health Insurance is at my option as it would not cover a preexisting condition that was there before you bought the insurance.

i am not going to argue the point. personally i think either you misunderstood or you were given the wrong information.

in england it is one insurance for health, ticket, baggage, money, credit cards, third party indemnity (in case run somebody down with a car or cause third party damage) etc etc

i find it hard to believe that a person can buy an insurance and let us say, for the sake of the argument...... cancel a holiday and return early because say..... does not like the food. or expected to see women with skimpy clothes and cannot find any, so wants to return home. but....... like i said, i find it strange to believe this can be done.

i am not going to argue the point. personally i think either you misunderstood or you were given the wrong information.

in england it is one insurance for health, ticket, baggage, money, credit cards, third party indemnity (in case run somebody down with a car or cause third party damage) etc etc

i find it hard to believe that a person can buy an insurance and let us say, for the sake of the argument...... cancel a holiday and return early because say..... does not like the food. or expected to see women with skimpy clothes and cannot find any, so wants to return home. but....... like i said, i find it strange to believe this can be done.

Nick,

I enjoyed every bit of your saga. Had the same experience with a great woman from Ukraine. Have been there a number of times and she visited me in Holland too. Even till now she is still baby sitting me, watching out for me all the time. Family does not speak English, but makes you feel welcome.

quote:Originally posted by nick20045

back to my saga.

last night met her father, mother, sister and sisters boyfriend. what a carry on!

bought her mother some flowers and, yes......... cake (it seems they like to celebrate everything with cake). total cost about 400 roubles.

nice family. father was in the army. gave me a russian army watch as a present. then he put his army jacket on which led to his wife chasing him round the apartment to make him take it off. then a bit talk (nadya translating) mostly about visas, where i live (common chat/talk). then a lovely russian meal. lot of different russian foods (Nadya knows i like to try different foods). then finished playing chess with her father. after sat at the dinner table and we talked in general. we wound nadya up because she is kind of thin (that got me a few digs from her elbow into my ribs), her dad then took out the pictures of when he was in the army in berlin. i do not speak russian. he does not speak english. mostly sign language but we got on great. nadya even went off into the kitchen to just have a "girly" talk with her mum and sister and left me alone with her dad!!

yes can be nice here if you meed the "right" people.