Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

wow, toymaker. that was nice.

but do not worry about me, i can take a little heat from those two. i do appreciate what you said, though.

quote:Originally posted by elenag

scam magnet, how many Russian ladies have you got to know in real life? just give me the number.

sonar, the same question to you. you said, you had several.
    Well ElenaG,lets just say more than 6. Three were very beautiful, sweet and loving women. Not a scammer bone in their body. (Damn, I should have married one of them). Three more were also very beautiful but more interested in money than anything else. There were also a few short-timers along the way but I won't get into that.
    My present girl is from Moscow.
    By the way, you mentioned that you are always on the hunt for scammers. Why is that?? Just curious.

quote:Originally posted by elenag

scam magnet, how many Russian ladies have you got to know in real life? just give me the number.

sonar, the same question to you. you said, you had several.
    Well ElenaG,lets just say more than 6. Three were very beautiful, sweet and loving women. Not a scammer bone in their body. (Damn, I should have married one of them). Three more were also very beautiful but more interested in money than anything else. There were also a few short-timers along the way but I won't get into that.
    My present girl is from Moscow.
    By the way, you mentioned that you are always on the hunt for scammers. Why is that?? Just curious.

no doubt Elena is a scammer hunter to show that not all FSU women are looking for the BUCK. She has undoubtedly save a few skins on here and will continue her vigil to protect you and me as well as the newcomers that find thier way to this forum.

no doubt Elena is a scammer hunter to show that not all FSU women are looking for the BUCK. She has undoubtedly save a few skins on here and will continue her vigil to protect you and me as well as the newcomers that find thier way to this forum.

quote:Originally posted by toymaker

That is pretty funny. I wonder what is your estimate as to how many are actually looking for the BUCK?? As far as protection goes> give me a break man. Protection from what?? Some mousy internet scammer?? What the hell is a scam hunter anyway??

quote:Originally posted by toymaker

That is pretty funny. I wonder what is your estimate as to how many are actually looking for the BUCK?? As far as protection goes> give me a break man. Protection from what?? Some mousy internet scammer?? What the hell is a scam hunter anyway??

i have to say, yes, what is a scam hunter? personally i think this forum has taken a U turn and totally moved away from what it was originally made for. namely to discuss and help each other from possible being scammed. learn from each others experience and mistakes.

want to be a scam hunter? dead easy....... open a few profiles on free dating sites. post a lot of rubbish. like you are 5ft 1, built like a brick house, bald and whatever BUT MAKE SURE you say live in England, USA, Australia or something like that.

heck! i have even had letters saying that liked my profile and my profile had nothing in it!!!!!

but scammer hunting? i reported 3 profiles. they are on this board but not on russian detective. reported to russian detective but no action taken.

but most of all, are the members on here looking for an eastern bride? or are the members on here "would be sherlock holmes"?

i have about 6 ladies i write to. one i met last week.

i will be honest, we DID have a couple of arguments. namely, according to her, she works on the basis of "cannot leave work until it is finished" and she can be called in on saturdays and sundays as well. i saw her bring work to her apartment to finish. she did it so that she could leave work early, we can go out and when i go to sleep she will do the work ready for the next day to take with her. yeah, according to what she said she has a very good salary (for a russian. she earns about US$350 a month). but hells bells, she works hard for it. i saw her still working at 3 am! and she had to go to work at 8 am!

i have met her family. great folks. met them twice. once invited to their home. nice spread of food (i said to Nadya that i like to try russian food. her mother must have cooked for at least two days and it was all russian food). to reciprocate, we invited them out for a meal. nobody forced me to do that. her dad kept on insisting he will drive me from Yaroslavl to Moscow just in case i get lost going back on the train by myself. at average speed that is 6 hours to moscow and 6 hours back driving. i thanked him but politely said no. he insisted he gives me his "going away" army watch as a present. he also was going to give me some books from his army time. but i said no. they were momentoes and i could not take them.

is an eastern girl worth it? maybe yes. maybe no. time tells is the old proverb. but if you have a woman who after you meet her, is prepared to wait for you for 2, 3 or 4 months, before you see her again, think about it!

you meet her. she falls in love with you. she tells you that she will be home every evening waiting in case you call her. she changes her life to wait for you.

as far as i can understand it, they look at it as if you are in the services and have to go away on duty.

how many western women will do that after just meeting somebody for say 2 weeks? yeah she may say she loves you. will she be faithful? maybe for the first week. after that......

so what do i wish to say? chill out guys. either be a sherlock holmes or try and find a decent woman. use your head. think. read her letter two three four times. most probably she uses an online translator. translators make mistakes. look at different variants to what she wrote. (try reading william shakespeare and learn how to read a story). if you do not understand anything ask her to explain. do not assume. assume is actually three words. ass you me. if you assume you make an ass of you and me. understand english is not her first language. i have walked into shops and asked if she speaks english. i get told "a little". then i get "hmmmmmm da da hmmmmmmmm niet hmmmmmm. ok. then she flaps her hands, and says DA?"

try patience. you speak english. she is trying to talk to you. maybe she has learnt a little bit of english. maybe using a translator. anybody on here ever wrote a letter back to a russian in russian? i have. (not Nadya but somebody else I write to). simple reason. she could not work out how to use a translator. she writes to me in russian. i translate it. then i write back to her in russian using a translator.

chill out guys. if you use your head you will not be scammed and maybe find a nice lady. unless you have a 9mm next to your head, if you part with your money, it is because you wanted to.

to all russian scammers: i am somewhat of a bullshi*ter myself but i do like to listen to a professional. please carry on

i have to say, yes, what is a scam hunter? personally i think this forum has taken a U turn and totally moved away from what it was originally made for. namely to discuss and help each other from possible being scammed. learn from each others experience and mistakes.

want to be a scam hunter? dead easy....... open a few profiles on free dating sites. post a lot of rubbish. like you are 5ft 1, built like a brick house, bald and whatever BUT MAKE SURE you say live in England, USA, Australia or something like that.

heck! i have even had letters saying that liked my profile and my profile had nothing in it!!!!!

but scammer hunting? i reported 3 profiles. they are on this board but not on russian detective. reported to russian detective but no action taken.

but most of all, are the members on here looking for an eastern bride? or are the members on here "would be sherlock holmes"?

i have about 6 ladies i write to. one i met last week.

i will be honest, we DID have a couple of arguments. namely, according to her, she works on the basis of "cannot leave work until it is finished" and she can be called in on saturdays and sundays as well. i saw her bring work to her apartment to finish. she did it so that she could leave work early, we can go out and when i go to sleep she will do the work ready for the next day to take with her. yeah, according to what she said she has a very good salary (for a russian. she earns about US$350 a month). but hells bells, she works hard for it. i saw her still working at 3 am! and she had to go to work at 8 am!

i have met her family. great folks. met them twice. once invited to their home. nice spread of food (i said to Nadya that i like to try russian food. her mother must have cooked for at least two days and it was all russian food). to reciprocate, we invited them out for a meal. nobody forced me to do that. her dad kept on insisting he will drive me from Yaroslavl to Moscow just in case i get lost going back on the train by myself. at average speed that is 6 hours to moscow and 6 hours back driving. i thanked him but politely said no. he insisted he gives me his "going away" army watch as a present. he also was going to give me some books from his army time. but i said no. they were momentoes and i could not take them.

is an eastern girl worth it? maybe yes. maybe no. time tells is the old proverb. but if you have a woman who after you meet her, is prepared to wait for you for 2, 3 or 4 months, before you see her again, think about it!

you meet her. she falls in love with you. she tells you that she will be home every evening waiting in case you call her. she changes her life to wait for you.

as far as i can understand it, they look at it as if you are in the services and have to go away on duty.

how many western women will do that after just meeting somebody for say 2 weeks? yeah she may say she loves you. will she be faithful? maybe for the first week. after that......

so what do i wish to say? chill out guys. either be a sherlock holmes or try and find a decent woman. use your head. think. read her letter two three four times. most probably she uses an online translator. translators make mistakes. look at different variants to what she wrote. (try reading william shakespeare and learn how to read a story). if you do not understand anything ask her to explain. do not assume. assume is actually three words. ass you me. if you assume you make an ass of you and me. understand english is not her first language. i have walked into shops and asked if she speaks english. i get told "a little". then i get "hmmmmmm da da hmmmmmmmm niet hmmmmmm. ok. then she flaps her hands, and says DA?"

try patience. you speak english. she is trying to talk to you. maybe she has learnt a little bit of english. maybe using a translator. anybody on here ever wrote a letter back to a russian in russian? i have. (not Nadya but somebody else I write to). simple reason. she could not work out how to use a translator. she writes to me in russian. i translate it. then i write back to her in russian using a translator.

chill out guys. if you use your head you will not be scammed and maybe find a nice lady. unless you have a 9mm next to your head, if you part with your money, it is because you wanted to.

to all russian scammers: i am somewhat of a bullshi*ter myself but i do like to listen to a professional. please carry on

I think scam hunter is someone who goes and activly seeks out scammers, and the tries to make other people aware of their scams, I guess. I don't know.

quote:but scammer hunting? i reported 3 profiles. they are on this board but not on russian detective. reported to russian detective but no action taken.
    you did? which scammers? I want to make sure I have them (drop me a PM if you do not wish to talk here).

I am taking about 1 week break from working on scammer profiles. got brain fry on them last week. but I am missing them already, it is a classic love-hate relationship I guess, I am planning to go back to my scam mining shaft tonight.