Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

I think scam hunter is someone who goes and activly seeks out scammers, and the tries to make other people aware of their scams, I guess. I don't know.

quote:but scammer hunting? i reported 3 profiles. they are on this board but not on russian detective. reported to russian detective but no action taken.
    you did? which scammers? I want to make sure I have them (drop me a PM if you do not wish to talk here).

I am taking about 1 week break from working on scammer profiles. got brain fry on them last week. but I am missing them already, it is a classic love-hate relationship I guess, I am planning to go back to my scam mining shaft tonight.

quote:Originally posted by elenag

I think scam hunter is someone who goes and activly seeks out scammers, and the tries to make other people aware of their scams, I guess. I don't know.
    You must have a very busy life. Where do you go to actively seek out scammers? All that I have to do is post a profile somewhere and they actively seek me out.

You must have a very busy life. Where do you go to actively seek out scammers? All that I have to do is post a profile somewhere and they actively seek me out.

most of the time I do not have to go out to seek them, since the scammer reports are sent to my email address by dozens.

But I realize that online chat rooms like this is where you have a good chance of meeting someone who is currently in the process of being scammed. That is good because:
    1) I can stay on top of the most current scam tendencies
    2) instead of "I have been scammed!" report you can later publish "I almost got scammed" report. That is a nice thing. the less profitable I make it for scammers, the less people (hopefully) will get involved in the scam industry.
    3) you can help the guy to play mind games with the scammers and extract as much info out of them as possible. I trully hope the prosecution of scammers is possible and once some officials in both countries will get enough complaints, the tide will start turning against the scammers. that's when I hope all that information will become handy.

In general, I meet plenty of people who are in the process of being scammed (I have free scammer evaluation tools on my web site, so lots of folks write to me saying: "OMG!!! I just found out the girl I am writing to is a scammer! Thank you so much, you saved my life! I was falling for her, she sounded so sincere, I thougt I found a true soulmate, we seemed to me made for each other! (yeah, right... looking at their scammers' letters I can't help sometimes but think that only a 6-years old whos mental abilitiy was crippled by a severe case of spermotoxicosis could fall for THAT)".

So, i don't have to come out to look for scammers, but I find it amuzing, plus as I said, not a dull moment on these forums (this one, RWG one, a couple more, but I don't visit those often), so why not.

most of the time I do not have to go out to seek them, since the scammer reports are sent to my email address by dozens.

But I realize that online chat rooms like this is where you have a good chance of meeting someone who is currently in the process of being scammed. That is good because:
    1) I can stay on top of the most current scam tendencies
    2) instead of "I have been scammed!" report you can later publish "I almost got scammed" report. That is a nice thing. the less profitable I make it for scammers, the less people (hopefully) will get involved in the scam industry.
    3) you can help the guy to play mind games with the scammers and extract as much info out of them as possible. I trully hope the prosecution of scammers is possible and once some officials in both countries will get enough complaints, the tide will start turning against the scammers. that's when I hope all that information will become handy.

In general, I meet plenty of people who are in the process of being scammed (I have free scammer evaluation tools on my web site, so lots of folks write to me saying: "OMG!!! I just found out the girl I am writing to is a scammer! Thank you so much, you saved my life! I was falling for her, she sounded so sincere, I thougt I found a true soulmate, we seemed to me made for each other! (yeah, right... looking at their scammers' letters I can't help sometimes but think that only a 6-years old whos mental abilitiy was crippled by a severe case of spermotoxicosis could fall for THAT)".

So, i don't have to come out to look for scammers, but I find it amuzing, plus as I said, not a dull moment on these forums (this one, RWG one, a couple more, but I don't visit those often), so why not.

quote:but scammer hunting? i reported 3 profiles. they are on this board but not on russian detective. reported to russian detective but no action taken.
    you did? which scammers? I want to make sure I have them (drop me a PM if you do not wish to talk here).

I am taking about 1 week break from working on scammer profiles. got brain fry on them last week. but I am missing them already, it is a classic love-hate relationship I guess, I am planning to go back to my scam mining shaft tonight.
    scam hunter? to me, sorry to say, it is ridiculous. i will tell you why......

i have read profiles of people reported as scammers. some fair enough are scammers. others i find ridiculous. give you an example which comes to mind....

woman with a child. she asked for help with internet costs. (i used internet cafe when in russia. it was about 3 roubles for a minute. i could run a bill of 200 roubles in one session). at 28 roubles to the dollar that is about 7 dollars. for a person who may be a single parent and on minimum income that is a fair price considering average wage seems to be in the region of 100 - 150 dollars a month. (you have to consider that some people may take a long time writing a letter. first she has to answer what is said to her. then she has to think of something to add. then have to translate using most probably an online translator and if her typing is not so good this can take time).

the person who reported her said he sent her US$20 and she did not write back to him.

jeeezzzzz wept man! US$20! first of all it will cost about the same in western union fees. secondly, if i was a single parent and wanted to find a person to possible get married to and sends me US$20 i will take it as an insult. come on! look at it. what future can a person forsee with such a mean person who only sends US$20! lets see a scenario.....

married came to live in say USA or UK.

dear John. I need a new dress she says

you bought one two years ago he replies!

and, anybody not got anything better to do then to try and "trick" people to see if they are scammers or not?

so elenag, you post as a man trying to catch women?

personally, if i had a wife, i would rather have her cuddling up to me, maybe watching tv, or a film or something then have her on the internet trying to be a detective.

scammers:

cuteonly.com rok1975 ID 19926 name: rahat. status: married. children: 2. living: London. origin: Kyrgyzstan age:29

question: why is somebody who came to live in london (UK) at the age of 29, is married, with children and seeking a relationship with another man?

answer: she used the man she married to get a visa and come over

question: will i touch her with a barge pole

answer: heck NO

cuteonly.com Natasha2005 profile now removed. sent me same letters as Maria Pavlova. same templates. word for word.

http://www.stop-scammers.com/scammer.asp?profile=1214

http://www.stop-scammers.com/scammer.asp?profile=1213

http://www.stop-scammers.com/scammer.asp?profile=1212

if some woman writes to me and she turns out to be a scammer fair enough. but wasting my time, literally writing to people, posing as a man to try and see if the person is a scammer or not! sorry but to me that is a sad life.

can work out if a scammer or not in about 3 or 4 letters. for example:

profile. http://www.faceparty.com/ba_ba_ba_badone

that is my profile on there. it is just a daft stupid profile to have a laugh.

if i get some woman writing to me saying she read my profile and liked it and wants to have a serious relationship with me........ yep a scammer. a decent woman will run a mile if she reads that profile. LOL.

i have other profiles on other boards. some are just empty. just a name and age.

i get a letter on there asking me to write because she liked my profile! take a wild guess what she is.

personally i have not been fleeced by scammers. i HAVE sent money. but i did it out of my own will. anybody who asked me for money and i did not want to i said no.

but this thing, posting........

i have caught another scammer!!!

ok, report her on the proper section. now why are you bragging about it? and all these posts, wondering..... is she. is she not. why?

take it easy. chill out. write a few letters. you always have the chance of backing out and not writing to her again. its not like she lives round the corner!!!!

and most of all, do not write as a desperate man seeking love. if a woman feels this she will fleece you.

personally, i love reading their letters. some i find hilarious and actually look forward to the next letter. if i like the girl, i write. if i do not like her, i block her e mails and they just go to the deleted folder.

if i find somebody i EEALLY like, then ok, i check her location (using a program i have on the pc). i check if she is using the bat. if she is using internet or home pc. but most of all, i use my head and think twice.

and never fall in love until you at least meet her face to face.

but wasting my time, chasing scammers. hell no.

ohhhh and here is a letter i got today. i was laughing my head off reading it. (sorry weird sense of humour). i think this one is bleeding lovely:

Hello Nick,

Tell you abaut me - i am XXXXXX live in XXXXXXXXX. I have 2 sisters and 1 mather. I havnt father . I am manadger in transport company but 15 oktober i go out from there and will be find another work. I like ice - cream and shokolate. I dont like to go in bar or club. I like pikninks and play tennis. In my life i dont be in another contries .
    About my dreams- i wont to meet men hwu love me and hwu i wiil have lovd alweis an we live tigether in qwiet place.

My negative line of the nature - i am very jealous, and i dont wont to love men hwu very love money - more then life.

I foget yet i love to eat pizza

Sorry for my bad english and i very wont continju to tolk with you

p.s. i wrote back to her begging she will NEVER use a translator.

to all russian scammers: i am somewhat of a bullshi*ter myself but i do like to listen to a professional. please carry on

scam hunter? to me, sorry to say, it is ridiculous. i will tell you why......

i have read profiles of people reported as scammers. some fair enough are scammers. others i find ridiculous. give you an example which comes to mind....

woman with a child. she asked for help with internet costs. (i used internet cafe when in russia. it was about 3 roubles for a minute. i could run a bill of 200 roubles in one session). at 28 roubles to the dollar that is about 7 dollars. for a person who may be a single parent and on minimum income that is a fair price considering average wage seems to be in the region of 100 - 150 dollars a month. (you have to consider that some people may take a long time writing a letter. first she has to answer what is said to her. then she has to think of something to add. then have to translate using most probably an online translator and if her typing is not so good this can take time).

the person who reported her said he sent her US$20 and she did not write back to him.

jeeezzzzz wept man! US$20! first of all it will cost about the same in western union fees. secondly, if i was a single parent and wanted to find a person to possible get married to and sends me US$20 i will take it as an insult. come on! look at it. what future can a person forsee with such a mean person who only sends US$20! lets see a scenario.....

married came to live in say USA or UK.

dear John. I need a new dress she says

you bought one two years ago he replies!

and, anybody not got anything better to do then to try and "trick" people to see if they are scammers or not?

so elenag, you post as a man trying to catch women?

personally, if i had a wife, i would rather have her cuddling up to me, maybe watching tv, or a film or something then have her on the internet trying to be a detective.

scammers:

cuteonly.com rok1975 ID 19926 name: rahat. status: married. children: 2. living: London. origin: Kyrgyzstan age:29

question: why is somebody who came to live in london (UK) at the age of 29, is married, with children and seeking a relationship with another man?

answer: she used the man she married to get a visa and come over

question: will i touch her with a barge pole

answer: heck NO

cuteonly.com Natasha2005 profile now removed. sent me same letters as Maria Pavlova. same templates. word for word.

http://www.stop-scammers.com/scammer.asp?profile=1214

http://www.stop-scammers.com/scammer.asp?profile=1213

http://www.stop-scammers.com/scammer.asp?profile=1212

if some woman writes to me and she turns out to be a scammer fair enough. but wasting my time, literally writing to people, posing as a man to try and see if the person is a scammer or not! sorry but to me that is a sad life.

can work out if a scammer or not in about 3 or 4 letters. for example:

profile. http://www.faceparty.com/ba_ba_ba_badone

that is my profile on there. it is just a daft stupid profile to have a laugh.

if i get some woman writing to me saying she read my profile and liked it and wants to have a serious relationship with me........ yep a scammer. a decent woman will run a mile if she reads that profile. LOL.

i have other profiles on other boards. some are just empty. just a name and age.

i get a letter on there asking me to write because she liked my profile! take a wild guess what she is.

personally i have not been fleeced by scammers. i HAVE sent money. but i did it out of my own will. anybody who asked me for money and i did not want to i said no.

but this thing, posting........

i have caught another scammer!!!

ok, report her on the proper section. now why are you bragging about it? and all these posts, wondering..... is she. is she not. why?

take it easy. chill out. write a few letters. you always have the chance of backing out and not writing to her again. its not like she lives round the corner!!!!

and most of all, do not write as a desperate man seeking love. if a woman feels this she will fleece you.

personally, i love reading their letters. some i find hilarious and actually look forward to the next letter. if i like the girl, i write. if i do not like her, i block her e mails and they just go to the deleted folder.

if i find somebody i EEALLY like, then ok, i check her location (using a program i have on the pc). i check if she is using the bat. if she is using internet or home pc. but most of all, i use my head and think twice.

and never fall in love until you at least meet her face to face.

but wasting my time, chasing scammers. hell no.

ohhhh and here is a letter i got today. i was laughing my head off reading it. (sorry weird sense of humour). i think this one is bleeding lovely:

Hello Nick,

Tell you abaut me - i am XXXXXX live in XXXXXXXXX. I have 2 sisters and 1 mather. I havnt father . I am manadger in transport company but 15 oktober i go out from there and will be find another work. I like ice - cream and shokolate. I dont like to go in bar or club. I like pikninks and play tennis. In my life i dont be in another contries .
    About my dreams- i wont to meet men hwu love me and hwu i wiil have lovd alweis an we live tigether in qwiet place.

My negative line of the nature - i am very jealous, and i dont wont to love men hwu very love money - more then life.

I foget yet i love to eat pizza

Sorry for my bad english and i very wont continju to tolk with you

p.s. i wrote back to her begging she will NEVER use a translator.

to all russian scammers: i am somewhat of a bullshi*ter myself but i do like to listen to a professional. please carry on

I never posed as a man in my life!

In fact, I don't even post any profiles anywhere. (yet somehow I do get "I am Olga from Russia, I liked your profile" messages on my "office @ r-d" email address!)

In fact, I don't even post any profiles anywhere. (yet somehow I do get "I am Olga from Russia, I liked your profile" messages on my "office @ r-d" email address!)

hmmmmmm never heard that name before. Olga. i wonder. must be a very rare name. Olga. i have heard of maria, masha, inna, marina, alla, alena, elena, tatyana, yulenka, svetlana and loads of other names but Olga is kind of new name to me.

lol, you try to trace an Olga in Russia, you need to check out one in ever 3 women living there!!!!! walk into a pub. shout Olga and half the women in that pub will turn thinking you have called her!!!! LOL