Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Just been scammed big time!!!

Hi there, i,ve just been scammed to the tune of ?1700 pounds.
    I first "met" "Svetlana Ivanova" on a dating agency website.
    Looking back i should have been suspicious as the search parameters on my website extended 10 miles from my postcode. This girl was from Russia!!!
    So after building up what i thought was a relationship with this girl. I have foolishly sent money for visa, passport and money for her person so that when she entered the country she did,nt look like she was here for a free ride. THE IRONY... what a dickhead i am!!!

So... i was wondering if any of you guys out there could give me some advice on the chances of getting any money back. Can i hold anyone accountable, can i be compensated in any way, or do i just have to eat humble pie for my own stupidity? HELP

andy mac windsor u.k

I just sent you a personal message

I just sent you a personal message

first of all, did you read the rules from the goverment (imigration)?

http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/servlet/Fr...=1006977149953

if you read on there, you should have known in advance how to proceed. the chance of her getting a visa to enter the UK is about 1 in 1000.

to all russian scammers: i am somewhat of a bullshi*ter myself but i do like to listen to a professional. please carry on

first of all, did you read the rules from the goverment (imigration)?

http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/servlet/Fr...=1006977149953

if you read on there, you should have known in advance how to proceed. the chance of her getting a visa to enter the UK is about 1 in 1000.

to all russian scammers: i am somewhat of a bullshi*ter myself but i do like to listen to a professional. please carry on

Eat humble pie for awhile then forget about it. There is absolutely nothing that you can do to recover your money. Russian law does not recognize a crime simply because you sent money.
    Seems that guys from the USA and UK are the ones scammed most often.
    I wonder why that is???
    Everytime a Russian woman (that I have never met) has asked me for money (for any reason) My reply is always this: No problem but I will bring it to you personally. Scammers will immediately back off.
    A decent and honest Russian woman will never ask a man that she has never met in person for money.
    Did you really think that she was just going to jump on a plane and fly to a strange counrty to be with a stranger??
    It just doesn't happen that way. And how do you even know that it was a woman? Igor the taxi driver can write some pretty convincing love letters.
    Next time, go there and meet her first.
    Good luck to you man.

A man's mind, streched by a new idea, will never re-gain it's original dimension.

Eat humble pie for awhile then forget about it. There is absolutely nothing that you can do to recover your money. Russian law does not recognize a crime simply because you sent money.
    I wonder why that is???
    Everytime a Russian woman (that I have never met) has asked me for money (for any reason) My reply is always this: No problem but I will bring it to you personally. Scammers will immediately back off.
    A decent and honest Russian woman will never ask a man that she has never met in person for money.
    Did you really think that she was just going to jump on a plane and fly to a strange counrty to be with a stranger??
    It just doesn't happen that way. And how do you even know that it was a woman? Igor the taxi driver can write some pretty convincing love letters.
    Next time, go there and meet her first.
    Good luck to you man.

A man's mind, streched by a new idea, will never re-gain it's original dimension.

quote:Originally posted by Sonar

I wonder why that is???
    sorry but i disagree with the above comments. the rest of your post i agree with.

it is not guys from USA and UK that are scammed. it is guys who are so desperate that they are prepared to think with their heart or (pardon my french) knob that loose out.

learn a simple rule......

at any man woman or whatever, do this......

i am 46 years old (or whatever age you are). i have lived all these years without you and i can live another 46 years without you as well.

if you want to fit into my life i will accept you. if you do not want to, then good luck to you but i will carry on living my life.

make local friends. relax. chill out. one day she will be there. until then, dont be desperate. enjoy life. look at life in different ways......

you are single. you can go on holidays where you want, do as you want. when as you want

you have a partner. she will maybe want a different place. not when you want and not how you want.

as far as i am concerned, one day i will maybe find the right person. until then......

darn..... i like to enjoy life.

but by heck! i will not be fooled into love either. am i desperate for a girlfriend? heck no! i love my life

and until a person starts to love his life, then all there is is sadness

I wonder why that is???
    sorry but i disagree with the above comments. the rest of your post i agree with.

it is not guys from USA and UK that are scammed. it is guys who are so desperate that they are prepared to think with their heart or (pardon my french) knob that loose out.

learn a simple rule......

at any man woman or whatever, do this......

i am 46 years old (or whatever age you are). i have lived all these years without you and i can live another 46 years without you as well.

if you want to fit into my life i will accept you. if you do not want to, then good luck to you but i will carry on living my life.

make local friends. relax. chill out. one day she will be there. until then, dont be desperate. enjoy life. look at life in different ways......

you are single. you can go on holidays where you want, do as you want. when as you want

you have a partner. she will maybe want a different place. not when you want and not how you want.

as far as i am concerned, one day i will maybe find the right person. until then......

darn..... i like to enjoy life.

but by heck! i will not be fooled into love either. am i desperate for a girlfriend? heck no! i love my life

and until a person starts to love his life, then all there is is sadness

quote:Originally posted by nick20045

I wonder why that is???

Been reading alot of scam stories for the last couple of years. 75% of them are from guys either from the US or UK.
    Can't imagine what a guy is thinking when he's sending 1700 pounds to someone that he doesn't know.