Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

sorry for late post but as rjg381 said i was away for a week. just got back.

@rjg381, yes you are right. just did a trace and it comes same location you mention.

map of russia: http://www.russiatrek.com/map.shtml

look at this one. http://www.worldtimezone.com/time-russia1.htm

novgorod is close to st petersburg.

trace:

NeoTrace Version 3.25 Trace Results
    Target: 212.67.4.53
    Date: 22/10/2005 (Saturday), 04:12:44
    Nodes: 2

Node Data
    Node Net Reg IP Address Location Node Name
    1 - - 81.76.238.159 Leeds fcuk
    2 1 1 212.67.4.53 Nizhny Novgorod ipdl053.nis.nnov.su

Packet Data
    Node High Low Avg Tot Lost
    1 0 0 0 1 0
    2 ---- ---- ---- 2 2

Network Data
    Network id#: 1
    Kostina, 2, 11
    Nizhny Novgorod, Russia

Registrant Data
    Registrant id#: 1
    See Registrant Pane for registrant contact information.

by the way, rjg381, thanks for kind words about one of my posts. i do hope it helps people in not being scammed.

to all russian scammers: i am somewhat of a bullshi*ter myself but i do like to listen to a professional. please carry on

To get information on an IP : a good site :
    http://www.dnsstuff.com/
    and for example on this site information got about IP 82.198.27.203 is below.
    % Information related to '82.198.27.0 - 82.198.27.255'

inetnum: 82.198.27.0 - 82.198.27.255
    netname: NATA-INFO
    descr: Nata-Info Dial-Up Network
    admin-c: LKV2000-RIPE
    tech-c: EVE7-RIPE
    mnt-by: SATGATE-MNT
    changed: sergey@satgate.net 20041215
    source: RIPE

person: Kirill V Lupandin
    address: SatGate LLC
    address: 942 Windemere Dr. NW
    address: OR 82001 Salem
    address: USA
    phone: +7 0112 573 070
    fax-no: +7 0112 573 073
    e-mail: kirill@satgatellc.com
    nic-hdl: LKV2000-RIPE
    notify: kirill@satgatellc.com
    changed: kirill@satgatellc.com 20020903

person: Elena V Egorova
    e-mail: jeg@satgatellc.com
    nic-hdl: EVE7-RIPE
    notify: jeg@satgatellc.com
    changed: jeg@satgatellc.com 20020903

% Information related to '82.198.27.0/24AS21166'

route: 82.198.27.0/24
    origin: AS21166

To get information on an IP : a good site :
    http://www.dnsstuff.com/
    and for example on this site information got about IP 82.198.27.203 is below.
    % Information related to '82.198.27.0 - 82.198.27.255'

inetnum: 82.198.27.0 - 82.198.27.255
    netname: NATA-INFO
    admin-c: LKV2000-RIPE
    tech-c: EVE7-RIPE

person: Kirill V Lupandin
    address: SatGate LLC
    e-mail: kirill@satgatellc.com
    nic-hdl: LKV2000-RIPE
    notify: kirill@satgatellc.com
    changed: kirill@satgatellc.com 20020903

person: Elena V Egorova
    e-mail: jeg@satgatellc.com
    nic-hdl: EVE7-RIPE
    notify: jeg@satgatellc.com
    changed: jeg@satgatellc.com 20020903

% Information related to '82.198.27.0/24AS21166'

route: 82.198.27.0/24
    origin: AS21166

@ scammerfight

dnstuff.com is ok but basically all it is, is a whois. same information can be got from http://www.ripe.net/whois

dnstuff.com also may have a problem. some isp's are not allowed to use the service as apparently they have been pinged too many times.

the information given is a "wide" horizon namely based on the isp range in that dynamic group. it also does not tell you the location.

on the other hand a program like neotrace will give the same information and also the location of the isp. a further trace with ip scammer will tell if the pc is online at the moment of pinging and will advise which ports are open on that computer. there is also magic netrace that does the same thing as neotrace and will also give the whois on that isp at the same time.

you can also use programs to for example ping the computer at say 300 pings per minute which after a while will lock the computer and stop access to the internet or will slow it down to a snails pace......... but that is when she scams you.

to all russian scammers: i am somewhat of a bullshi*ter myself but i do like to listen to a professional. please carry on

@ scammerfight

dnstuff.com is ok but basically all it is, is a whois. same information can be got from http://www.ripe.net/whois

dnstuff.com also may have a problem. some isp's are not allowed to use the service as apparently they have been pinged too many times.

the information given is a "wide" horizon namely based on the isp range in that dynamic group. it also does not tell you the location.

on the other hand a program like neotrace will give the same information and also the location of the isp. a further trace with ip scammer will tell if the pc is online at the moment of pinging and will advise which ports are open on that computer. there is also magic netrace that does the same thing as neotrace and will also give the whois on that isp at the same time.

you can also use programs to for example ping the computer at say 300 pings per minute which after a while will lock the computer and stop access to the internet or will slow it down to a snails pace......... but that is when she scams you.

Yandex.ru is kind of Russia's version of Yahoo from what I can tell. Yandex offers free email boxes same as Yahoo from what I read on Yandex home page. So if someone who lets say lives in Toronto gets an Yandex email account and accesses it through the Yandex home page and sends email with the account, will the email actually look like its being sent from Russia?? Does anyone know about this? Thanks

Yandex.ru is kind of Russia's version of Yahoo from what I can tell. Yandex offers free email boxes same as Yahoo from what I read on Yandex home page. So if someone who lets say lives in Toronto gets an Yandex email account and accesses it through the Yandex home page and sends email with the account, will the email actually look like its being sent from Russia?? Does anyone know about this? Thanks

quote:Originally posted by fafemtp

yes. hotmail, yahoo and other non pop3 e mail accounts will not give the isp of the sender. http://www.freecenter.com/email.html

have fun and choose one or as many as you want.

by the way...... anybody writes from a non pop3 e mail address? bin the letter it is like saying "i have something to hide".

quote:Originally posted by fafemtp

yes. hotmail, yahoo and other non pop3 e mail accounts will not give the isp of the sender. http://www.freecenter.com/email.html

have fun and choose one or as many as you want.

by the way...... anybody writes from a non pop3 e mail address? bin the letter it is like saying "i have something to hide".