Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

quote:Originally posted by randy peters

sonar, yes I agree with you, but most men 95% will onlt send money and yell about a scam, or just yell about a scammer and not being taken. How many women are labeled as scammers because the keyboard romeos did not get thier share of naked pictures. Or sent money to get them? It may be time to rethink the description of what and who a scammer really is!

Randolph J Peters
    Randy, you make some good points. It seems that there are alot of guys these days who look through these goofy marriage and dating sites as if they are looking at a pizza menu. I never quite understood the mentality of a man (especially my fellow Americans)who would send $500,$1000,$2000,$3000 to someone they have never met. And then go wait at the airport only to discover what morons they are.
    It is basically a lazy mans way of trying to gain something by doing as little as possible. I can say for certain that there are no women in eastern Europe that are willing to get on a plane and fly to a strange country to meet a stranger. Even if it were possible they wouldn't do it.
    The guy that started this thread (lonelyboy) makes a statement "Remember always that a serious Russian woman never needs your money." I've seen statements like that tossed around the net from time to time. It is a sure tip off that the person making the statement has very little experience with real Russian women. It is another fantasy to think that there are women over there that are searching for a foreigner only for 'love and family'. The truth is that they all come with monetary strings attached. Otherwise they would simply marry a local Russian guy. There are plenty a very good Russian men available. But of course the typical keyboard romeo believes everything that he reads on the net about Russian men.
    Anyone considering a girl from eastern Europe should be prepared to spend money. Lot's of it.

A man's mind, streched by a new idea, will never re-gain it's original dimension.

To sonar !
    Everybody seems to need money. But if the woman is serious she will certainly use her own money for the meeting. I have a lot of experience about this.
    Ofcourse it is possible to go there if you want to risk a lot of your money and your free time. But better to check first carefully...
    Most of the women live in such conditions that they do not like to invite you home especially during the first meetings. I will always invite a woman to St.Petersburg and meet her there. A serious woman will always pay her travel costs but is ofcourse very happy if you pay her costs back when you meet her. But NEVER SEND MONEY beforehand !

To randy peters:
    There are a lot of free video talk programs available. But Skype is one of the best and simpliest to use.
    Most of the scammers use stolen photos of women. They have never seen these women. So using video talk will eliminate this big group.
    But when you have experience here you will probably see from her first letter and photos if she is real or not. Most of the scammers use still common prewritten letters but there are also some who will first answer your questions but later start with prewritten letters.
    You are right. There are also many scammer pairs(and groups)so men and women are working together. Watch out !

To sonar !
    Everybody seems to need money. But if the woman is serious she will certainly use her own money for the meeting. I have a lot of experience about this.
    Ofcourse it is possible to go there if you want to risk a lot of your money and your free time. But better to check first carefully...
    Most of the women live in such conditions that they do not like to invite you home especially during the first meetings. I will always invite a woman to St.Petersburg and meet her there. A serious woman will always pay her travel costs but is ofcourse very happy if you pay her costs back when you meet her. But NEVER SEND MONEY beforehand !

To randy peters:
    There are a lot of free video talk programs available. But Skype is one of the best and simpliest to use.
    Most of the scammers use stolen photos of women. They have never seen these women. So using video talk will eliminate this big group.
    But when you have experience here you will probably see from her first letter and photos if she is real or not. Most of the scammers use still common prewritten letters but there are also some who will first answer your questions but later start with prewritten letters.
    You are right. There are also many scammer pairs(and groups)so men and women are working together. Watch out !

lonelyboy, Since you actually go there, sure I respect your opinion.
    Alot of guys that have never been to the FSU seem to think that everytime a girl asks for some kind of help that she is a scammer.
    There was a guy on another forum recently claiming that the average wage for women in Moscow today is $2000 per month. Total BS. His reasoning was that since they make such good money, there was no reason for him to spend much of his own.

A man's mind, streched by a new idea, will never re-gain it's original dimension.

lonelyboy, Since you actually go there, sure I respect your opinion.
    Alot of guys that have never been to the FSU seem to think that everytime a girl asks for some kind of help that she is a scammer.
    There was a guy on another forum recently claiming that the average wage for women in Moscow today is $2000 per month. Total BS. His reasoning was that since they make such good money, there was no reason for him to spend much of his own.

Sonar,

A woman in Mow can earn easily 2000$ per month...but she is a prostitute...Normal wages in Mow are much higher than elsewhere in Russia. Probably average for an educated woman in good position could be 500 - 1000 $. But the real average in Mow could be around 300 - 500 $. Elsewhere in Russia about 100 $.
    BUT these women have sometimes surprisingly much money to use for travelling.

Sonar,

A woman in Mow can earn easily 2000$ per month...but she is a prostitute...Normal wages in Mow are much higher than elsewhere in Russia. Probably average for an educated woman in good position could be 500 - 1000 $. But the real average in Mow could be around 300 - 500 $. Elsewhere in Russia about 100 $.
    BUT these women have sometimes surprisingly much money to use for travelling.

Lonleyboy,I have been to Moscow more that 20 times during the past 6 years. Along with many other places in Russia. Moscow is one of my favorite places and I find the nightlife there very exciting. The city that never sleeps.
    What you say is true but the average wage for women is much less than men. A woman making $1000 per month would be considered as having a very good job. (I am leaving prostitutes out of this equation). Most of the women that I know from Moscow make closer to $500 per month.
    Domestic travel in Russia is very cheap. So almost anyone with a decent job can travel throughout the country inexpensively. I was surprised to find that I could fly first class from SVO terminal 1 to Sochi for $125. Here in the states, that same distance, first class would cost about $2000 or more.
    Most Russian women will travel by train which is even cheaper. My ex-girlfriend used to travel from Ryazan by train to meet me in Moscow. About a 250km four hour train ride for $5.

Lonleyboy,I have been to Moscow more that 20 times during the past 6 years. Along with many other places in Russia. Moscow is one of my favorite places and I find the nightlife there very exciting. The city that never sleeps.
    What you say is true but the average wage for women is much less than men. A woman making $1000 per month would be considered as having a very good job. (I am leaving prostitutes out of this equation). Most of the women that I know from Moscow make closer to $500 per month.
    Domestic travel in Russia is very cheap. So almost anyone with a decent job can travel throughout the country inexpensively. I was surprised to find that I could fly first class from SVO terminal 1 to Sochi for $125. Here in the states, that same distance, first class would cost about $2000 or more.
    Most Russian women will travel by train which is even cheaper. My ex-girlfriend used to travel from Ryazan by train to meet me in Moscow. About a 250km four hour train ride for $5.

Sonar,
    I have not very much experience about Moscow. Visited there 3 times and only for some days. But I know St.Petersburg very well. I lived there for 7 months in 2001 and then later been visiting it about 20 times. But Moscow is expensive even for a foreigner in many matters.
    Soon in November I will meet my new girlfriend in St.Pete. We will visit together Finland and Sweden. Awaiting for it. The girl said that she has money enough for the trip. So we can both live by our own.