Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sonar,
    I have not very much experience about Moscow. Visited there 3 times and only for some days. But I know St.Petersburg very well. I lived there for 7 months in 2001 and then later been visiting it about 20 times. But Moscow is expensive even for a foreigner in many matters.
    Soon in November I will meet my new girlfriend in St.Pete. We will visit together Finland and Sweden. Awaiting for it. The girl said that she has money enough for the trip. So we can both live by our own.

Lonleyboy, I have only been to St Pete twice. But I liked it very much. You are correct. Moscow is indeed a very expensive city. Very easy to spend $200 or more on dinner for two at some of the better restuarants.
    Where are you from??

A man's mind, streched by a new idea, will never re-gain it's original dimension.

Lonleyboy, I have only been to St Pete twice. But I liked it very much. You are correct. Moscow is indeed a very expensive city. Very easy to spend $200 or more on dinner for two at some of the better restuarants.
    Where are you from??

A man's mind, streched by a new idea, will never re-gain it's original dimension.

Sonar,

Well, I am not far from Russia. From the neighbour country. I have only some hours by train to St.Petersburg. I have also a multivisa so no problems to go there. Earlier I used to have business there but nowadays I travel mostly as a turist. When I cross the border I meet a completely different culture there. Probably I have the same feeling as US people when they travel to Mexico. You from US ?
    I have plans to go to Moscow too. Normally I live in an apartment. Do you know any reliable agent for renting an apartment or direct owners ? I look for a cheap place to stay. I never stay in hotels. Apartments are about 50 % cheaper. Never had any big problems. But sometimes it is more difficult to get the registration.
    Do you speak Russian ?

Sonar,

Well, I am not far from Russia. From the neighbour country. I have only some hours by train to St.Petersburg. I have also a multivisa so no problems to go there. Earlier I used to have business there but nowadays I travel mostly as a turist. When I cross the border I meet a completely different culture there. Probably I have the same feeling as US people when they travel to Mexico. You from US ?
    I have plans to go to Moscow too. Normally I live in an apartment. Do you know any reliable agent for renting an apartment or direct owners ? I look for a cheap place to stay. I never stay in hotels. Apartments are about 50 % cheaper. Never had any big problems. But sometimes it is more difficult to get the registration.
    Do you speak Russian ?

Lonelyboy,
    Here is a link to an agency that I have used several times for apartments in Moscow. http://www.gotorussia.net/hotels_and..._in_moscow.htm
    They are a very reliable Russian agency operating out of Atlanta, Georgia, USA. Very nice apartments located in the center of the city and priced much cheaper that the hotels.
    As you said, the only problem with an apartment is that you have to register your visa yourself with the local police. Sometimes I prefer to stay in a hotel since my Russian language skills are very limited.
    Yes, I am from the US. Miami, Florida. I was involved in a 4 year relationship with a Russian girl from near Moscow. I would go there to visit about every 2 or 3 months and stay for about 10-14 days. I brought her here to the US in September '03 on a fiancee visa but our relationship went sour and I sent her back to Russia after a short time.
    Presently I am involved with a Russian girl from Almanty, Kazakstan.
    You know anything about Kazakstan??

Lonelyboy,
    Here is a link to an agency that I have used several times for apartments in Moscow. http://www.gotorussia.net/hotels_and..._in_moscow.htm
    They are a very reliable Russian agency operating out of Atlanta, Georgia, USA. Very nice apartments located in the center of the city and priced much cheaper that the hotels.
    As you said, the only problem with an apartment is that you have to register your visa yourself with the local police. Sometimes I prefer to stay in a hotel since my Russian language skills are very limited.
    Yes, I am from the US. Miami, Florida. I was involved in a 4 year relationship with a Russian girl from near Moscow. I would go there to visit about every 2 or 3 months and stay for about 10-14 days. I brought her here to the US in September '03 on a fiancee visa but our relationship went sour and I sent her back to Russia after a short time.
    Presently I am involved with a Russian girl from Almanty, Kazakstan.
    You know anything about Kazakstan??

Sonar,

I see you visit Russia quite often though you live so far from there.
    Have you business in Russia or are you looking so seriously for the woman ? Can I ask you why did you send your girl back after so short a time ? Were there some "matching" problems or did she finally seek only for a holiday and change at your cost ? Unfortunately such happens quite often too. It is one type of scamming. Do you still meet the same woman in Mow ? I do not know about Kazakstan anything. But probably you can trust more in girls there. I rather look for a woman from the small cities because even in Russia girls from big cities are spoilt. Well, it would be very important to know Russian language. It would help in many cases. I try to improve mine all the time.

Sonar,

I see you visit Russia quite often though you live so far from there.
    Have you business in Russia or are you looking so seriously for the woman ? Can I ask you why did you send your girl back after so short a time ? Were there some "matching" problems or did she finally seek only for a holiday and change at your cost ? Unfortunately such happens quite often too. It is one type of scamming. Do you still meet the same woman in Mow ? I do not know about Kazakstan anything. But probably you can trust more in girls there. I rather look for a woman from the small cities because even in Russia girls from big cities are spoilt. Well, it would be very important to know Russian language. It would help in many cases. I try to improve mine all the time.

To get back in internal traveling.
    I always take the night train, it is more comfortable, you arrive the next morning rested at your destination.
    I never buy a ticket, but go to the carriage supervisor, show her my passport, tell her I have no ticket and she finds a $10 bill in the passport for a 1000 km trip, always works.
    When I travelled for the first time by train, there were no tickets avalaible anymore at the counter, but the lady at carriage had a bunk for me.
    She usually finds a space to sleep for you or in one time she gave me her own bed
    Stay away from the train or platform supervisor!!!