Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Marriage

Default Marriage

Guys and girls.
    I can use some good advice.
    I am planning to get married next year with my girlfriend from Ukraine.
    By then we know each other over 3 years.
    We never had money issues like gifts, travel expenses, visa, etc.
    Spent a number of holidays together, I have visited here 30 times and she came to Holland 3 times.
    My teenage daughters like her very much and she likes them.
    So far a clear sky.
    I love her, but it does not makes me blind for all the things that happened to some guys.
    After marriage their bankaccount got cleaned out and their spouse was gone, or the girl just left him after arriving in her new country.
    I was told marriage in Ukraine can prevent some of these things?
    Any advice to prevent these things happening!!!
    Thanks a lot

Dutchy,
    That is indeed a very difficult question to answer. Since the beginning of time, men have tried to understand why women sometimes think the way they do. It seems that alot of women these days search for the perfect man. The women with more realistic ideas are sometimes very difficult to find.
    How does your girl feel about marriage??

A man's mind, streched by a new idea, will never re-gain it's original dimension.

Dutchy,
    That is indeed a very difficult question to answer. Since the beginning of time, men have tried to understand why women sometimes think the way they do. It seems that alot of women these days search for the perfect man. The women with more realistic ideas are sometimes very difficult to find.
    How does your girl feel about marriage??

A man's mind, streched by a new idea, will never re-gain it's original dimension.

Sonar,
    Marriage is not absolute necesarry, living together is good too.
    In Holland you can also make up a contract wich has more or less the same legal status as a marriage certificate, you can make up your own rules.
    I need to make some sort of legal construction, because of some assets I own and my teenage daughters, who live both with me.
    I was told that a marriage in the Ukraine will prevent her to go back to the Ukraine without concent, at least she will be registrered in Ukraine as being married.
    I am open for all (good) advice

Sonar,
    Marriage is not absolute necesarry, living together is good too.
    In Holland you can also make up a contract wich has more or less the same legal status as a marriage certificate, you can make up your own rules.
    I need to make some sort of legal construction, because of some assets I own and my teenage daughters, who live both with me.
    I was told that a marriage in the Ukraine will prevent her to go back to the Ukraine without concent, at least she will be registrered in Ukraine as being married.
    I am open for all (good) advice

Dutchy

Sorry but there are no real guarantees in this life except we all die in the end. If she has been around you for so long and accepted you in her life and bed, then all seems alright. You two people can go to a lawyer and draw up legal prenuptual agreements that protect you both. You must provide her with 1/2 of all you gain together as "husband and wife" but the materials and so forth you have before the marriage can be protected. Contact a lawyer as it is money well spent.

Dutchy

Sorry but there are no real guarantees in this life except we all die in the end. If she has been around you for so long and accepted you in her life and bed, then all seems alright. You two people can go to a lawyer and draw up legal prenuptual agreements that protect you both. You must provide her with 1/2 of all you gain together as "husband and wife" but the materials and so forth you have before the marriage can be protected. Contact a lawyer as it is money well spent.

Toymaker,
    I know about the guarantees of life
    But maybe someone had some ideas, I just did not think of.
    Thanks for your contribution

Toymaker,
    I know about the guarantees of life
    But maybe someone had some ideas, I just did not think of.
    Thanks for your contribution

Dutchy,
    This may sound a little bit cold, but it is a sure guarantee that you will not make a mistake. If there are ANY doubts>>DON'T DO IT!!!!
    Take another year to decide.
    As I said in another thread, I was seriously involved with a Russian girl for 4 years. Went to Russia many times to be with her. Brought her here to USA with intentions of marriage. After 4 years I found out things about her that I did not know. Decided that I could not take such a serious risk and ended the relationship.
    I am not saying that this is what you should do. I am only saying that if you are not 100% sure, don't take the risk.