Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Marriage

Dutchy,
    This may sound a little bit cold, but it is a sure guarantee that you will not make a mistake. If there are ANY doubts>>DON'T DO IT!!!!
    Take another year to decide.
    As I said in another thread, I was seriously involved with a Russian girl for 4 years. Went to Russia many times to be with her. Brought her here to USA with intentions of marriage. After 4 years I found out things about her that I did not know. Decided that I could not take such a serious risk and ended the relationship.
    I am not saying that this is what you should do. I am only saying that if you are not 100% sure, don't take the risk.

A man's mind, streched by a new idea, will never re-gain it's original dimension.

Sonar,
    Thanks for the advice.
    I gave it a lot of thoughts, especially because of all the horror stories.
    I am convident in her,love her very much and she has proven her love for me.
    She will sell her apartment and insisted to pay of my morgage with it.
    I just did not want to overlook anything.

Does anyone know anything about getting married in the country of origin?

Sonar,
    Thanks for the advice.
    I gave it a lot of thoughts, especially because of all the horror stories.
    I am convident in her,love her very much and she has proven her love for me.
    She will sell her apartment and insisted to pay of my morgage with it.
    I just did not want to overlook anything.

Does anyone know anything about getting married in the country of origin?

I looked into this a while ago..marriage in Ukraine when I once was doing internet mail order bride dating.
    You have to live in Ukraine at least 30 days before you can apply to ZAGS ( marriage registry office ) to get married to one of there nationals and then that requires another 30 days notice.
    You have to produce "certificate of non-impediment" to marriage and they will not accept a copy of your divorce certificate, you have to contact your Government to arrange "apostilles" ( certification ) on documents and get them translated to Ukrainian.
    It is almost impossible for a foreigner to marry a Ukrainian in that country..it is a great deal of hassle, bureacracy and expense to do it and it is not recommneded..some countries may not recognise a marriage solemnised in the Ukraine.
    Don't marry in the Ukraine..not recommended.
    Get a prenuptial agreement drawn up by a lawyer protecting the assets you own and get her to sign it before she gets married to you..if she does not like, then she does not love you and you can tell her to go and jump in the lake then.
    Many Ukrainians are money hungry and go after your money..greed is the motivation..be careful and seek legal advice and get her to sign a prenup agreement before marriage.
    I lost a house to a f.cken foreign bride as there was no prenup and they don't stick in Australia because a court can over turn them.

I looked into this a while ago..marriage in Ukraine when I once was doing internet mail order bride dating.
    You have to live in Ukraine at least 30 days before you can apply to ZAGS ( marriage registry office ) to get married to one of there nationals and then that requires another 30 days notice.
    You have to produce "certificate of non-impediment" to marriage and they will not accept a copy of your divorce certificate, you have to contact your Government to arrange "apostilles" ( certification ) on documents and get them translated to Ukrainian.
    It is almost impossible for a foreigner to marry a Ukrainian in that country..it is a great deal of hassle, bureacracy and expense to do it and it is not recommneded..some countries may not recognise a marriage solemnised in the Ukraine.
    Don't marry in the Ukraine..not recommended.
    Get a prenuptial agreement drawn up by a lawyer protecting the assets you own and get her to sign it before she gets married to you..if she does not like, then she does not love you and you can tell her to go and jump in the lake then.
    Many Ukrainians are money hungry and go after your money..greed is the motivation..be careful and seek legal advice and get her to sign a prenup agreement before marriage.
    I lost a house to a f.cken foreign bride as there was no prenup and they don't stick in Australia because a court can over turn them.

Ask elenag in this forum what she thinks..I think she makes mention on the this topic somewhere.
    Elenag is a part Ukrainian woman in the US who runs a detective investigation service (Russian detective) which contracts detectives in the FSU to investigate there foreign girl contact and potential bride for paying clients..she is very credible.
    I know to for a foreigner to attempt marriage in the Ukraine is a huge pain in the butt

Ask elenag in this forum what she thinks..I think she makes mention on the this topic somewhere.
    Elenag is a part Ukrainian woman in the US who runs a detective investigation service (Russian detective) which contracts detectives in the FSU to investigate there foreign girl contact and potential bride for paying clients..she is very credible.
    I know to for a foreigner to attempt marriage in the Ukraine is a huge pain in the butt

Down under man,
    Thanks for your advice.
    In Holland we have quit liberal/social laws.
    Living together with a contract is the same as a marriage certificate, with respect to insurances, pension plans, social benefits, etc.
    The difference is that you can make up your own contract as long as it is in compliance with the laws.
    You can make it as detailed as you want.
    It will stick in court without a problem.
    We will make up a list of possesions, like life insurances, real estate, bank accounts, etc, each will keep what he/she owned before living together.
    Details we have to work out, we probably also keep seperate bank accounts for the time being.
    I have discussed this into detail with her and she agrees we should have it all covered by a contract.

I forget the marriage in Ukraine, thanks , inded too much hassle.

It has become clear to me.

Thanks all for your contribution!!!!

Down under man,
    Thanks for your advice.
    In Holland we have quit liberal/social laws.
    Living together with a contract is the same as a marriage certificate, with respect to insurances, pension plans, social benefits, etc.
    The difference is that you can make up your own contract as long as it is in compliance with the laws.
    You can make it as detailed as you want.
    It will stick in court without a problem.
    We will make up a list of possesions, like life insurances, real estate, bank accounts, etc, each will keep what he/she owned before living together.
    Details we have to work out, we probably also keep seperate bank accounts for the time being.
    I have discussed this into detail with her and she agrees we should have it all covered by a contract.

I forget the marriage in Ukraine, thanks , inded too much hassle.

It has become clear to me.

Thanks all for your contribution!!!!

one thing i noticed......

she will sell her apartment and help with my mortgage

1: do you know how much is an apartment in ukraine?

2: compare this money to a price of property in holland

3: now work out the percentage she is putting in, BUT as she is now contributing to your mortgage she is now entitled to half the property

4: you can live with a person for 12 years and at the end still find new things about that person

5: get her a schengen visa. do not get married. live together. if you can afford to keep her without her working then all the better. at any time she "gets on your nerves", as she has not contributed to your living except for washing a few clothes, doing a bit cooking and spending your money, get her thrown out of the country. you can always amend your will to leave her part of your estate pending certain conditions being met. e.g. if at time of death you are still living together etc etc

to all russian scammers: i am somewhat of a bullshi*ter myself but i do like to listen to a professional. please carry on