Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Marriage

A attorney once said to me " A prenuptual agreement was nothing but a recipe for divorce" ???

Scam Magnet
    You may be right about this, but it is depending on the national laws you have to deal with to make a kind of settlement.
    It is to protect the interest of both partners in case of splitting up, but also the interest of our children in case one of us dies.

Scam Magnet
    You may be right about this, but it is depending on the national laws you have to deal with to make a kind of settlement.
    It is to protect the interest of both partners in case of splitting up, but also the interest of our children in case one of us dies.

quote:Originally posted by Dutchy013

Scam Magnet
    marraige is based on trust. if you do not have trust it will fail. a prenuptual states in bold lettes "i do not trust you and i want to take precautions". if you try to tell her about the latter part of what you said, the answer is very simple. it is called a "will".

to all russian scammers: i am somewhat of a bullshi*ter myself but i do like to listen to a professional. please carry on

quote:Originally posted by Dutchy013

Scam Magnet
    marraige is based on trust. if you do not have trust it will fail. a prenuptual states in bold lettes "i do not trust you and i want to take precautions". if you try to tell her about the latter part of what you said, the answer is very simple. it is called a "will".

to all russian scammers: i am somewhat of a bullshi*ter myself but i do like to listen to a professional. please carry on

Guys,
    I have discussed this already into detail with her.
    She understands the need to have some kind of contract and we discussed the broad content of it and we agreed on this.
    I asked her several times about it, to make sure she understood why we do this.
    Nick, you are right about trust, but I can assure you, we trust each other for 100%, but being burned once and lose the result of 15 years of hard labour , is for me a once in a lifetime effent.

Guys,
    I have discussed this already into detail with her.
    She understands the need to have some kind of contract and we discussed the broad content of it and we agreed on this.
    I asked her several times about it, to make sure she understood why we do this.
    Nick, you are right about trust, but I can assure you, we trust each other for 100%, but being burned once and lose the result of 15 years of hard labour , is for me a once in a lifetime effent.

Dutchy.....

why not go to a lawyer and draft up a transfer of equity? basically, if you trust your daughters 100% you can do a document.

in it, you transfer (in trust) your home to their name, your equity, movable and non movable property, money and all that you have.

basically, it will be as if you own nothing.

in the document you make a proviso that:

1: until your death you are the administrator and trustee of all the above (it means they cannot sell or dissolute anything until you die)

2: you will receive a certain sum of money every week/month/year from the trust for administrative purposes (it means you have access to the bank account to draw whatever you want)

3: you are enpowered to take any action deemed fit to look after the trust (it means that if you want to sell the home and buy another, or do anything you can do so. you can make building renovations etc etc)

4: upon death of the trustee, a certain percentage of the trust is accepted by the named people in the trust that it will transferred to "XYZ" (being whatever her name) as per any last and remaining will.

basically, if anything happens and the marraige fails she cannot touch anything as it all belongs to your daughters.

a good lawyer will guide you. you keep your mouth shut about the trust. if the marraige fails and she tries to take you to court, she will get a nice shock as you basically own nothing.

i did one when i was getting divorced. transferred my share of the home to my kids. the lawyer told me she was going to go after my share. she got nothing as i own nothing.

Dutchy.....

why not go to a lawyer and draft up a transfer of equity? basically, if you trust your daughters 100% you can do a document.

in it, you transfer (in trust) your home to their name, your equity, movable and non movable property, money and all that you have.

basically, it will be as if you own nothing.

in the document you make a proviso that:

1: until your death you are the administrator and trustee of all the above (it means they cannot sell or dissolute anything until you die)

2: you will receive a certain sum of money every week/month/year from the trust for administrative purposes (it means you have access to the bank account to draw whatever you want)

3: you are enpowered to take any action deemed fit to look after the trust (it means that if you want to sell the home and buy another, or do anything you can do so. you can make building renovations etc etc)

4: upon death of the trustee, a certain percentage of the trust is accepted by the named people in the trust that it will transferred to "XYZ" (being whatever her name) as per any last and remaining will.

basically, if anything happens and the marraige fails she cannot touch anything as it all belongs to your daughters.

a good lawyer will guide you. you keep your mouth shut about the trust. if the marraige fails and she tries to take you to court, she will get a nice shock as you basically own nothing.

i did one when i was getting divorced. transferred my share of the home to my kids. the lawyer told me she was going to go after my share. she got nothing as i own nothing.

Nick,
    Thanks, I never thought about this.
    I will look into this!
    My girls are still very young (12&15)