Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Jag, who are u talking about ?

quote:Originally posted by andyjeal

about you... why not to travel in Russia to meet her there? Instead of to doubt all time you can suddenly pop up in front of her face

quote:Originally posted by Jag

about you... why not to travel in Russia to meet her there? Instead of to doubt all time you can suddenly pop up in front of her face
    good call.

i have been to russia. and i tell you what......

i hated moscow. but once you are out of moscow it is a very nice place to visit.

i had a girl in a shop take about 20 minutes try to explain to me how to find a bank. will you get that in a western country? heck no!

i had a woman that spoke no english but understood the word bank. she took me by the hand and made me follow her. then talking in russian she kept pointing at a building. looking at my dumbfounded look, she took me by the hand again and took me to the front door and said "bank".

now tell me which western woman will do that?! go out of her way to help a person out? i gave her 200 roubles. i think she asked me to marry her! well got enough hugs for it!

russia is ok. just be a little bit savvy and street smart. wallet in front pocket. not too much cash flashed about. cash and credit cards in seperate pockets..... but heck!!! that applies to spain, italy, france, holland!!!

to all russian scammers: i am somewhat of a bullshi*ter myself but i do like to listen to a professional. please carry on

quote:Originally posted by nick20045

quote:Originally posted by Jag

good call.

i have been to russia. and i tell you what......

i hated moscow. but once you are out of moscow it is a very nice place to visit.
    What is it about Moscow that you hate and where did you visit outside of Moscow? How many times have you been there??

A man's mind, streched by a new idea, will never re-gain it's original dimension.

Jag, do ya really think it is smart to go to Russia without knowing yet if the girl who is corresponding with u is a real girl or a scammer. is it wise to take the risk of spending your time and money for maybe nothing ? I lost 2,400$, i'm not gonna spend a peny more if i'm not sure she's real. i think it's about time to know more real facts before going and trying to meet someone that you are not sure of her / his identity. if i'm dealling with criminals, just guess what can happen to me out there in their theritory... it's not so easy, man...

@Sonar

moscovites i found to be somewhat arrogant (oops that is a word i suffer from myself ). for example:

when i was booking the hotel i notice the difference between a single bedroom and a twin was minimal. so i ordered a double bed room. specifying REPEATEDLY that it must be a double bed and not a twin room.

when i got to the hotel i got given a twin bedded room (which being by myself is no good). when i went to reception they send to the tourist booking side. tourist booking side said cannot even find the booking. to which i showed them the key. basically if i have a key how can i not have a booking? then she went in. sat down. drank her tea or coffee (whatever it was). you get "no speak english". then point at reception. then reception have to wait until somebody who speaks english is free. then get arrogant replies like "you are wrong. it say two beds". then they talk to each other in russian. go into the office. keep waiting. come back out. then send back to the other side to make inquiries.....you have to appriciate i had been travelling for about 14 hours and least thing i wanted was all this hassle. i called the 24 hour service from the agency. was promised they will action it and to wait in the hotel room for their phone call. 3 hours later i called them back to see what was happening. (i could not even unpack in case get a room change). get the run around. no speak english one minute. about half an hour on the phone i get a girl who tells me "the hotel is full. you have to stay in your room".

driving in moscow is atrocious. 4x4 driving on pavements!! i have been in countries where driving is bad but moscow!!!!

taxi driver did not help either! he did not speak english. (i got him through an agency).

prices are over inflated. a 35mm camera which i can get in england for about US$20 was about US$50! food is also expensive. internet cafes will try and con you. pay for an hour and get only 30 minutes. when ask why "no speak english". anybody who knows is in the wrong "no speak english". they speak english when taking your money. they forget it when they want to.

i spent 8 days in Yaroslavl. great place. yeah you find the odd drunk sleeping on the grass or on a pavement. but as a place, the churches and places to see, it was lovely. and people are friendlier as well.

@andyjeal

1: first meet/trip do NOT book an apartment. book a hotel.

a: they will do the visa registering for you.
    b: if she turns out to be Yuri or a scammer or something else you can pack your bags and find another hotel.

2: you NEVER go without a backup. you should have about 2 or 3 women from same area you write to. you fix things up with one. the other two it is "i may come to russia. if i am there what is your mobile number?"

if girl 1 fails to come, meet you, turns out to be ugly as sin, or has yuri with her, you move hotels and phone girl no 2 and you say "surprise! i am in your town. do you want to meet me? what time do you finish work?"

it is called "being savvy" and using your head.

to all russian scammers: i am somewhat of a bullshi*ter myself but i do like to listen to a professional. please carry on

@Sonar

moscovites i found to be somewhat arrogant

driving in moscow is atrocious.
    Yeah Nick, Moscovites can be somewhat arrogant at times. I have dealt with it myself several times.
    And driving in Moscow is just crazy. Almost everything is right turn only and if you make a mistake, you can end up on a 2 hour unexpected excursion for sure.
    But the nightlife in Moscow is incredible if you go to the right places. I always manage to have a good time there, but it helps to have a girl that knows her way around some of the rip off artists.
    I really just enjoy the country as a whole. It's a pleasure to go to some of the smaller cities also. Every place there is different in it's own way.

A man's mind, streched by a new idea, will never re-gain it's original dimension.

quote:Originally posted by Sonar

@Sonar

moscovites i found to be somewhat arrogant

driving in moscow is atrocious.
    Yeah Nick, Moscovites can be somewhat arrogant at times. I have dealt with it myself several times.
    And driving in Moscow is just crazy. Almost everything is right turn only and if you make a mistake, you can end up on a 2 hour unexpected excursion for sure.
    But the nightlife in Moscow is incredible if you go to the right places. I always manage to have a good time there, but it helps to have a girl that knows her way around some of the rip off artists.
    I really just enjoy the country as a whole. It's a pleasure to go to some of the smaller cities also. Every place there is different in it's own way.

well, in my defense i can say that it WAS my first time. and if you are used to driving on the left hand side (compared to for example america where they drive on the right hand side) it can be a bit bewildering!!!

crazy driving, i am used to it. but that thing..... watching people trying to cross a road, zebra crossing and it is like playing skittles!!! WOW!!!!!

nightlife did not really bother with it that much. first night i was tired out. had left my home at about 3am. then check in. wait at airport. then arrive in amsterdam. then wait at airport for next flight. then passports, then taxi to hotel. it took about 14 hours in all. and the next day i had to be up early as had to go to the maltese consulate in moscow. so could not be bothered.

next day.... was for the day in moscow. evening went by taxi to yaroslavl.

question:

how come? in a hotel a coffee is about 30 roubles. in a restaurant it is about 30 roubles. on a train it is only 10 roubles?

in england if a coffee is say 30 roubles (for the sake of the argument) in a hotel, on a train it will be about 60 roubles!!!

but yeah! i did like russia. and ok, it is hard to find somebody that speaks english but..... in yaroslavl i really enjoyed myself.

You are another example of someone who thinks they can order a mail order bride like you order a pizza. If you have good money why can you not attract women locally? Why are you such a coward to travel to Russia? You've travelled to other places right? "I told her I'll give her a lot of money in our meeting." So what she is a whore? That is what you do with whores right? You give them money for sex. She called you so many times stupid so she could continue the supply of money from you. It really looks good on you.

I'm 37 years old man who has a very honoranle job and that even looks good. In the last 3 months I was corresponding with a Russian woman which was "really beautiful & sensitive" - She became all my life, and we "planed" to meet in England for two and a half weeks. Unfortunately, I've sent her about 2,400$ dollars (for passport, visa, tickets, clothes, dentists etc.), and some gifts to the adress she gave me (I know she recieved that gifts, although it took about 6 weeks). I told her I'll give her a lot of money in our meeting. She called me 8 times and sounded really sweet and serious. I got about 50 letters from her and about 40 pictures of a simple nice Russian girl (not a model). About a week before the meeting, when everything was "closed" from my side to go out for a dreamed vacation in England with her, she tried to catch me on the phone (I was not home) and finally left some messages that she cannot come because her father made an accident. This week I was really shocked when I found all those sites about the "scammers" which were including her name everywhere and the same letters (+ -) she sent me. None of the pictures she sent me was in any of those sites. I'm
    really sick of making mistakes and don't know what I should do now. I don't know, I have so many questions... - If this woman knew that she's gonna have everything from me, as she knows about my very good economic situation and she has a lot of my pictures, why did she give it up so fast, why didn't she tried the relations with me ? (I was really nice to her). If the woman in the pictures is not the same "woman" who wrote me, so where are all this pictures came from and who is the really sweet girl that has phoned me and talked to me so many times ?, If she's a scammer, why did she called me so many times and left her voice so many times on my electronic secretary ?, How could she take the money from "Western union" if it's not her ?, Why did she gave up the trip to England if she could abuse me there (She knew I'm gonna give her a lot of good time and a lot of money there!)? etc., etc., etc.. I'm sorry, I'm so confused. I was sure I'm really briliant until this case happened to me. What you suuggest me to do now ? (She called me last night and was really sweet)- I will be really grateful if you answer me and give me your advise, Andy.

Mr. voyager,
    where have u been for the last four days ? - maybe you took a vacation in Russia, the most peaceeful place all over the world ?. Look, for the last four days i've explained again and agin all the things which made me make all the mistakes i did, trying to learn from it. U can call me however u want, i really don't mind - i don't have to prove anything to anyone - if u knew me and my reputation, in spite of the mistake i did with this girl, u wouldn't talk to me in such a rude way, but again, never mind - Just look how many victims which are good succeeding persons you got here. well, i made a mistake that maybe you did not, but it still doesn't make you and the others better than me... you call me a coward for not going to Russia ? - well, if i go to Russia and make my next mistake, what you're gonna say then ? that i was stupid for not learning from mistakes, won't you...? - read my posts from the last 4 days, please, it can make you much more reasonable and maybe much more nicer to people !