Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Internet frauds are of all nationalities and sorts.
    Poverty, lack of chances, poor health care, poor education and corrupt (local) authorities are a fertiliser for scams of any sort.
    As long as we support corrupt governments for economical reasons, ban cheap replacement medical drugs to protect a few multinationals, et. we are responsible for all this too.

Sure, internet fraud does involve all nationalities and people. Just last week I received an e-mail informing me that I had won 5,500,000 GBP from Heritage Lottery Promotions International. It took all of about two minutes to discover that it was a scam.
    But that has absolutely nothing in common with internet dating/marriage scams. It is a completely different subject.
    In the area of internet romance, Russian women are definately the scammer queens of the world. It is not American women, British women, Polish women, Australian women, Italian women or any other women that are all over the internet trying to decieve foreign men into sending them money. It is Russian women!!!And there are thousands of them.
    Anyone new to this game needs to be aware of the fact that if they are not very carefull, there is a 99% chance that they will be scammed in some way. And there is also a 99% chance that she will be Russian.
    They only way to avoid this problem is to go there in person. There are many good women that are not the least bit interested in scamming.

A man's mind, streched by a new idea, will never re-gain it's original dimension.

well, the FSU-MOB is the latest fad, thus attracting more attention.
    But MOB fads are not new, and they all bring the same misfortune along.
    Just a few years ago Jesse Janos (Ventura), then governor of Minnesota, former seal & wrestler (thus not a ***** i'd say ) wrote a book emphasizing how asian women were the cure-all for modern western men's plights.
    Since he was then an accomplishes statesman, i doubt he did so out of the excruciating need to raise a buck for supper time.
    So you got even a statesman, former seal & wrestler (supposedly) believing the same cliches about family values, sex values, womanhood & what's next...i haven't read his book personally, only abstracts, but i bet you can exchange "thai" or "philipino" with "ukrainian" or "moldovan", and "almond eyes" with "blond hair" or whatever...the remaining bunk is the same.

quote:Originally posted by ham

So you got even a statesman, former seal & wrestler (supposedly) believing the same cliches about family values, sex values, womanhood & what's next...
    Oh Yeah, Jessie Ventura was definately a pro wrestler with the WWF for a long time during the 80's and early 90's. One hell of a bada## too. I've seen him several times here locally.
    Havn't read his book and doubt that I would take his advice very seriously. He lives in a totally different world than you or I.
    I really don't buy into any ideas that one nationality of women are any better or worse than another. To me they all have the mind of women which I think is pretty much universal. But it is much easier to find a Russian women scammer than any other.
    For me, women are just like going fishing. If you go to the wrong place, chances are that you won't catch any fish. But if you know the right places to go, you can catch fish all day long.
    When I go fishing, I like to catch fish. Otherwise it is just a waste of time.
    In Russia, there is a hugh population of fish.

A man's mind, streched by a new idea, will never re-gain it's original dimension.

Sonar, you are right about Russian scams on the internet dating.
    I think it has to do with the corrupt law system, chances of being caught and sentenced to jail are zero to nothing.

of course fads are started by people who don't put their a$$ at stake about it. You get million dollar corporations starting fad dating sites; you get the expat needing to raise a buck opening a MOB marriage agency up. Both ends show no reason significantly tied to the core business (Eg the top dollar shareholders need no "date" and the expat needs no "MOB", although the opposite is often pimped to foster a false sense of trust ).
    however
    mass advertising deployed by top dollar corporations [u]and a book by the Jesse Ventura charachter are what it takes to pimp a fad. Nobody would buy [u]my book.
    I bet there are hundreds of men buying into the asian MOB fad because of that book, and i bet they are equally meeting fraudsters .
    The edge the FSU MOB fad has over recurring latin or asian MOB fads, is it bloomed at the same times the internet did, while previous MOB fads had lighter changes to spread scams because all you had were grainy catalogues with blurred pictures mailed out four times a year, not junk websites updating twice a day.

The only problem with Sonar's point is that there are a vast number of scammers posing as Russian women who are neither Russian, nor are they women. I saw an article recently claiming that a large number of Bulgarian and Romanian university students are routinely using the Russian love scam as a way to make pocket money. Many of the scammers are actually in America, Britain, the Netherlands, Ghana, Nigeria, and so on. Some love scams are run using e-mails, others use ICQ or instant messaging. It's a hydra-headed monster. Cut off one head and a hundred more spring up.

babe_in rusland, You make a very good point. Of course Russian women are not responsible for everything bad with the international romance scene. It seems that alot of people want to pose as Russian women these days also.
    It is very easy for a man's mind to become a little bit clouded by reading (supposedly) Russian scam stories almost everyday.

Indeed there are a lot of scammers, but we should not get too much affected by all the bad stories.
    You can filter out scammers easily as soon as they ask for the $, delete her and do not get too upset about it.
    Move to the next girl and you might hit the jackpot, a nice and sincere woman.
    I have met a number of scammers on the internet dating sites, met with one in Novosibirsk, but that is all.
    I also met a far greater number of nice and sincere women.

As soon as i make it perfectly clear that i'm sending no money & i'm interested in relocation to the FSU, 4/5 disappear right away no question asked. Besides hardcore scammers, you have those interested in your country first, than yourself, whom are not that much better.