Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Dutchy and Lonelyboy make some good points. But I can also understand how voyager can feel that they are all scammers. It is a problem created by all of these internet love agencies. All in competition with each other for your money. They are the ones that have created the idea that money is the most important thing.
    Can anyone tell me about a 100% honest agency?? They do not exist in my opinion and I wish that they would all just simply go away. They are the ones that have created this huge scamming problem. Yet they all will pat themselves on the back and claim otherwise.
    Most of my experiences are in person with real, live FSU women. I have been to Russia and Ukraine more than 20 times during the past 6 years and I will say that no, they are definately not all scammers.
    If I were to go there in search of scammers, they would be somewhat difficult to find.
    I will also say that 90% of all FSU women will need some type of financial assistance. It is a fact of life there and these women should not be considered as scammers.
    Any guy that wishes to form a relationship with a Russian woman should also be prepared to spend money. In some cases>>Lots of money.
    It is not suitable for everyone and some guys seem to think that it should be a simple and inexpensive thing. It is not and many guys become frustrated and begin to think that all FSU women are scammers. It is not true.
    My advice is:
    1: Do not place all of your trust in ANY agency. Most of them are BS.
    2: Understand and be prepared to spend alot of money.It is not cheap.
    3: Keep an open mind and understand that Romeo and Juliet exist only in fairy tales. You will not find a fairy tale romance in the FSU.
    4: Travel to the FSU. You will learn very much just by going there and experiencing the culture. Try to learn a little bit of the lauguage. Go there again and again until you become good at it. There is more to learn than you may think.
    5: Most importantly, pay very close attention to guys like Dutchy and Lonelyboy and be gratefull that they are willing to share their knowledge. They have been there enough to know what they are talking about.

A man's mind, streched by a new idea, will never re-gain it's original dimension.

Sonar,
    Thanks for your kind words.
    I guess we have learned it the hard way!
    Despite all the time I spent in the east, I am still amazed by these countries and their people.
    I just love it there, but going there unprepared can be dangerous too!
    I am not scared at all when travelling, but I always watch my back and observe the people around me.
    You develope a feeling when something is wrong and it is time to leave
    I travel alone all the time and use the (night) train a lot, cheap and convenient, you arrive rested at yout destination.
    There are a couple of guys on this forum who can help out novice travellers with some advice.

Dutchy, Yes it is true that anyone traveling to these eastern countries should be cautious. I enjoy going there very much just for the change of culture. The women are an added bonus.
    It is possible to get yourself into a bad situation if you are not carefull. In April of '00 I was involved in a bad situation in Sochi, Russia with a couple of Russian bad guys.
    But I find it mostly safe as long as you understand what not to do.

A man's mind, streched by a new idea, will never re-gain it's original dimension.

I got only once in a bit of a situation by some guys in one of the major trainstations in Kiev.
    It was my first time at this trainstation and it was obvious that I did not know my way around, so some guys came up to me and started to ask questions and money for a trainticket for me.
    I answered them a polite as possible and moved away from them to a more busier part of the station.
    It was clear for them that I was not going to pay them and they left.

Well Dutchy and Sonar !
    Thanks for very good opinions. I agree with you. You both have experience to discuss. Earlier I wrote here that certainly most of the Russian women are serious but the scammer profiles are more locking and they get at least 80 % of all contacts. So this is a start for problems in Internet connections and make all seem much more worse what it is in reality. I agree that finding a Russian (FSU) woman is not any cheap task. Even though you try to travel and live as modestly as possible there you will at least use 500 - 1000 Euros for each trip. Probably more. If you have been there 20 times it means quite a lot of money anyway.
    I will tell you about something which annoys me a lot in Russia and especially it took place St.Petersburg. Sometimes I visit there a pub / nightclub where many expats and turists use to visit for a beer, to talk and look for nightlife and girls..ofcourse. If I leave this place ALONE for example after 1 o'clock at night it has happened several times that a "MILITCJA" car will stop me near the pub and ask for documents. It has been clearly obvious that these militia men are not interested in my documents at all. They make sometimes very arrogant body searches and they are only interested in your MONEY ! I heard that many turists have lost their wallet or money to them ! I informed about this to our Consulate in Peter and after that those nighly inspections have been diminished a lot.....Anyway I suspect that these militia men were false.
    So Russia is Russia, a different country in mentality and culture.
    For example when I told about these "militia" men to my Russian friends some of them only shrugged their shoulders and said that Russian militia has very low salaries....
    Serious women have studied about foreign cultures and they know how to behave during the meetings. You do not lose money with them. Ofcourse you want to help them a little when you see that all goes well. If you meet in Russia (in Internet)a very beautiful, sexy woman who knows very good English and seems to be very interested in you....be sure that she is either married or a prostitute. If you look for a sincere woman for the marriage, keep away from them !
    It is also true that many Russian women especially unmarried women with a child have problems with money. And it is not very unusual though these women work daily that they go to the clubs in the evenings to earn extra money....When I asked about it from them, they said that I do not understand Russia, I agreed I do not ......

earth&fire, wind&sea generic letters with pastel colored feelings on the background of an abusive, cheap society made of jobless, violent drunkards represent the culprit, the triumph of the bold & riding scam scene.
    First, that is utter nonsense.
    quote:I do not think you wil meet a nice woman if you approach them with this kind of attitude, most women I have met are proud and do not take BS from any foreigner.
    what if one loses $ playing knight in shining armour?
    Nobody will mourn the loss but him & everybody will have a laugh at how gullible he was.