Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default About replies ......

Hi !

I see that probably only 5-10 % of all readers will give some replies. Why ? And there are only 5-10 active writes.
    My estimation is that less than 5 % of all who have been scammed will inform and write about it...
    I know it is a hard situation to think that there is real LOVE and then get so much disappointed....

1) many people register, then forget about it. They are counted in but they've never been there to start with. I registered with 10x forums than i actually bother visiting.
    2) some people register more than one alias. Perhaps they can't login under the first one, or want to play WWW games. Again, that boosts numbers but not real people.
    3) some are afraid to be ridiculed if they say they got scammed.
    4) some are (understandably) resentful, but are afraid to voice their discontent in fear of the knight in shining armour or rubbish kind of people who'll label them as "woman haters" and start a feud: that has happened to me countless times, albeit i don't care for this is the internet.

I compare here replies / read .
    They are figures about active visits here.

i use proxyes and i clean cookies.
    every time i visit i'm a "new" visitor...while it's not so.

I agree, I gave only some estimations but the real "silent" group is anyway very big. I think that thousands of men are scammed every year (my estimation again). Where are they ?

I can talk for myself.
    when i got scammed, i realized it was (almost) entirely my fault; and yes i didn't trust completely and yes, i summoned an acquaintance who talked to her & even visited her and yes i sent $ for in-person pickup at a bank and yes i had her passport & address...in vain.
    I understand i was a sucker sending $...any $ you send to those crooks is lost...and i bothered to verify she was real...go figure those who don't.

So i pocketed the loss & moved on.
    Not the first, not the last time a person in bad psychological shape gets taken for a ride by unscrupulous parasites.

Why didn't i bother plastering the internet about it?
    First, it was so long ago...1999...at that time nobody would talk about scams...it was the golden age of the FSU-MOB thing...pretty topmodels making $ 30 a month packing coal & living in a cartonbox building without tap water walk 30km to work every day and 1h internet costs 1 week salary...who marry (lower) average western man with poor looks, even 3x their age...and live happily ever after even if he's disabled & living off food stamps...

Second, i admit i was a fool...period.
    There are no such "shortcuts" in life...

People don't come in the open on a mass basis because:
    a) fear of being mocked
    b) awareness their $ is gone anyway
    c) not exact knowledge of how or why. It is amazing how many fall for some faked visa, while all it takes is calling the competent embassy or else.
    So most move on...
    One thing is for sure...after such rides trust is gone forever.

I agree with the above and I will add one more point

When 3 or the active 5 posters (namely Detective, Lonelyboy and Sonair, I think) get together and start agreeing with each other, you guys sound like one big broken record.

I am a regular on 3 major boards discussing Russian scam, and this one is the most unpleasant and boring one to be on, there is rarely anything new, only the degree of Russian-hatefullness seem to wary slighly from week to week. Forget about any diversity of opinions and ideas. Neither of the 5 posters seem to have great deal of knowledge of actual scam scenarios, or immigration laws, or culture. Besides their own negative attitude (due to their bad experiences) and the "never send any money" slogan they have little more to offer.

Now, when Nick seems to be gone, it is at least not as hostile as it used to be. But it is still the least interesing of all the boards. So if a user had a choice between you and a board with many more posters (many of which have lots of experience with dating and marriage to Russians), why would they stick around here? Too much negativity and too little meaningful input.

No offence anyone (though I know you will probably feel not happy), but you asked, and I thought I might express my opinion.

P.S. There is plenty of people reporting the scams. Just look through the black list on this site. I get 4-7 reports per day on average. Or look at other discussion boards. There are fresh scammer evaluation requets and reports every day. Not here, though.

quote:Originally posted by elenag

I am a regular on 3 major boards discussing Russian scam, and this one is the most unpleasnat and boring one to be on, there is never anything new, only the degree of Russian-hatefullness seem to wary from week to week. Forget about any variety of opinions and ideas.

HaHa!! Just what kind of new stuff are you interested in?? You wanna hear about how great Russian women are???
    It's really a pretty simple equation. Guys that have been involved personally with Russian women sometimes have a different opinion than those that live in fantasy land on the internet. 90% of guys on these forums have never been there and never known a Russian woman in person. And sure, they are full of variety with different opinions and ideas. But sooner or later, alot of them are scammed.
    I don't think that anyone here has express or implied any hatred towards Russians.
    But it's very possible that someone new to this will read some of these comments and learn something that they don't know. But of course that would be bad for your business, right??

A man's mind, streched by a new idea, will never re-gain it's original dimension.

Take it however you want it, but that was my imput. I may be wrong, I may be right.

quote:Originally posted by elenag

See. That's what I was talking about.

What are you talking about? You are not making alot of sense.
    Are you saying that a guy such as me, who has been to Russia many, many times, Has been personally involved with several Russian women, who has many friends in Russia, who is involved with a very nice Russian woman at the present, who is going to Moscow next month does not have a right to an opinion??
    The facts are this: 75% of Russian women on the internet are scammers in some way. Very few guys find meaningfull relationships with Russian women on the internet and most of it is BS.
    Maybe you disagree with some things said here. It's your right but it does not change the facts.

A man's mind, streched by a new idea, will never re-gain it's original dimension.