Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I do not find you all that knowledble about Russia and FSU, or about R. women. But of course you can express your opinion, that's why we are all here. My poin is, there are boards with lots more going on, many more scam reports, and the level of negativity is probably one fifth of the one around here. Somehow they manage to do that, and they attract alot more readers AND posters. Maybe it is a coincedence, I don't know

quote:Originally posted by elenag

I do not find you all that knowledble about Russia and FSU, or about R. women.
    Well just how knowlegable should a guy be? There is only so much to know about Russian women in general. Probably don't know as much as Russian men but definalely know more than 95% of the yoho's that have never been there.
    To return your compliment, maybe you don't really know as much about scammers as you claim. How many have you really busted?? How many men have actually gained anything by your so called detective work?
    Are there any less scammers out there because of your efforts?

A man's mind, streched by a new idea, will never re-gain it's original dimension.

I am not sure if there that less scammers, but I sure hope there are less victims. Busted scammers... let's see. I have helped to investigate a few. Were they arrested? No. Why? Because the victims wouldn't bother to proceed with the criminal case.

I would like to echo what Elena says above. There are a few "trolls" here who like to make sweeping generalizations about FSU women, deprecating comments about Russians, and who really demonstrate no knowledge about the world of scams.

For myself, I only post if I find some topic interesting or if I feel that I have something constructive to contribute. I have never been scammed, but I am fascinated by scammers, especially the Nigerian 419 and the Russian Bride scams, although there are lots more besides just those. I've been reading various scam sites regularly for more than 6 years and it's quite an education!

quote:Originally posted by Sonar
    ]Well just how knowlegable should a guy be? There is only so much to know about Russian women in general.
    Wow. Ok, I think now I will just admit that arguing with a man of your intelligence is a complete waste of time for me. Please, carry on. I will try not to interrupt any more.
    Good luck with your search of a Russian wife, btw.

Just to set things straight with this goofy Russian so-called detective (HaHa), I have never expressed any hatred toward Russians.
    The Russian women that I know personally are very much different than this internet crap and I respect them for that.
    It is not my fault nor is it my problem that there are so many Russian scammers on the internet. I only express my opinions about it. If anyone disagrees that the internet is not infested with Russian scammers, then they also have the right to their opinion.
    But if a Russian woman comes to an anti-scam site such as this, trying to defend Russian scammers, then she should also be prepared for a little bit of heat.

A man's mind, streched by a new idea, will never re-gain it's original dimension.

Sonar, once again, you seem to miss the point. There is a thing on the internet that is known by the name "Russian bride scam." A huge majority of scammers perpetrating that scam are neither Russians, nor are they women.

quote:Originally posted by elenag

quote:Originally posted by Sonar
    ]Well just how knowlegable should a guy be? There is only so much to know about Russian women in general.
    Wow. Ok, I think now I will just admit that arguing with a man of your intelligence is a complete waste of time for me. Please, carry on. I will try not to interrupt any more.
    Never knew that it was rocket science. Russian women are really not that much different than any other women when it comes to human nature. They are not that complicated. A few cultural differences are the only complications that I have ever had.
    Seems that this is not the first time that I have heard of you trying to question someone's intelligence simply because they did not agree with you. Like I said, it's not rocket science.

defend scammers?[?]

i will bite my tongue on that one and go do something useful. enough of this board for one day...

quote:Originally posted by babe_in_rusland

Sonar, once again, you seem to miss the point. There is a thing on the internet that is known by the name "Russian bride scam." A huge majority of scammers perpetrating that scam are neither Russians, nor are they women.
    I'm not missing any point here. What you say is correct. But there are also a HUGE number of Russian women on the internet that ARE scammers.