Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

quote:Originally posted by elenag

defend scammers?[?]

i will bite my tongue on that one and go do something useful. enough of this board for one day...
    Have a nice day miss scammer hunter. What a joke. HaHa!!!
    Typical Russian visa queens!!

A man's mind, streched by a new idea, will never re-gain it's original dimension.

1)
    FORUMS
    I think they just follow the dynamic of the MOB business. It is my opinion the MOB business declines...how slowly is one's guess, but it does...bad press...people waking up to the truth...agencies finally blowing their covers up...whatever...
    They can be divided into 2 categories:
    a) non-profit (or mostly non-profit ) forums. The old RWA forum died of natural causes and there was no particular reason: i think the business gradually stopped attracting as many people as it used to.
    One cannot blame its demise upon say trolls or people with agendas, for they have [u]always been there, yet in the past you had dozens of new posts a day.
    The new RWA forum died weeks ago...nobody was going there anymore besides 3-4 individuals. These places (like www.antiscam.org ) end up with only a few regulars because there is no driving force behind them besides people who have something to say. RMP is a different case as it got dozens of forums and sub-forums...again, a forum taken individually has just a few regulars plus the occasional lurker. I think they foster an unnatural and naive approach at times, like giving fraudulent behaviour the benefit of the doubt & other knight in shining armour attitudes, but that's life.

b) business-driven forums, Ex RWG/PL etc. You have thousands of users (on paper), but it's mostly a roulette run with aliases, cross-posters etc. They have resident sponsoring agencies and are known to run crusades in favor of their sponsors. Chaperons there are a bunch of idiots who never lasted a couple weeks elsewhere. Given it is an alias rally, egos abound & you get plenty of colorful personalities, odd feuds, weird philosophies and people with very big feet. These are business pimping machines openly run to cash a referral fee. Big deal.

KNOWLEDGE

quote:So if a user had a choice between you and a board with many more posters (many of which have lots of experience with dating and marriage to Russians), why would they stick around here? Too much negativity and too little meaningful input.
    Unless it is a wild game made of aliases, cross-posting etc. I have personally busted quite a few people on big, active sites who were trolls and operated countless aliases...not the "activity" i'd call productive.
    Many men foster such an irresponsible approach as: sending money is ok; i met my wife at my third email; keep the faith & give it wings & other such ideas...typically flavoured with comments like "i look 20 years younger " or "i make 6 figures tax free " or " i travel 34 times a month ": enough said.
    Some have just filed for fiancee visas...some are freshly married...
    i have seen many of them fall over the years, and many more are still to come.
    Yes, i understand they are happy [u]now: i would if i were them...still no proof of anything whatsoever...come back in ten or fifteen years & let's see.
    immigration laws?
    check your embassy's website.
    culture?
    that has nothing to do with scams & the subtly fraudulent & tricky nature of the MOB business. The LD/WWW/MOB scene doesn't offer a reliable sample of any population at large. Most people wake up, go to work & pay their bills...forget about forging cyber alter egos & writing rubbish to some stranger 5000km away to get spare change.
    scam scenarios?
    A tells B whatever in order to get a material, undue advantage, be it a WU wire, a laptop, a shopping spree or else using guilt-trips, button pushing, wind&fire, earth & sea generic concepts. Details are unimportant...money sent is money lost, no matter whether "she" (Igor?) told you her father needed a new liver or she was a neurosurgeon on an approved programme but needed pocket money.

quote:I have helped to investigate a few. Were they arrested? No. Why? Because the victims wouldn't bother to proceed with the criminal case.
    1. international lawsuits are very expensive & time consuming
    2. i think if there is a woman on the other end, she can just say she had "cold feet", met someone better or whatever, and one is stuck...it happens at home everyday.

quote:A huge majority of scammers perpetrating that scam are neither Russians, nor are they women.
    There is [u]no doubt that a good % of scammers are men. Where i have serious doubts is that the overwhelming majority of FSU-MOB scammers are not from the FSU...for the simple reason extracted $ is WU-ed or wired to, then cashed in the FSU.I suspect the nigerian male visiting student in Oklahoma will run into a few logistic problems to cash the 300$ poor Pedro wires him to Moscow thinking he's Olga the teenage beauty pageant.

Elena,

Some time ago you said here that you havn't visited Russia for about 10 years...
    So in a matter of fact what do you know about modern Russian women ?
    I have been in Russia for about 50 times, lived there about one year and met hundreds of women, so I know a LITTLE about them there.
    I have nothing against Russian women if they behave well.
    I do not hate them. If I did it why would I look for them ?
    Probably I am an exception....here 95 % of men say that they never want to meet any Russian woman....all are prostitutes or thieves...
    I have met many nice women in Russia but I must say that nowhere in other countries I have met so many so badly behaving women either....
    Many (NOT ALL !) Russian women are very greedy and unscrupulous also thieves....
    That is my opinion too....
    Still I hope to find a real woman from there....
    I think that I am privileged to say all this because I was scammed for 4 times and also lost 2 mobile phones for the thieves (women) there...

quote:Originally posted by Sonar
    ]Well just how knowlegable should a guy be? There is only so much to know about Russian women in general.
    Wow. Ok, I think now I will just admit that arguing with a man of your intelligence is a complete waste of time for me.
    Good luck with your search of a Russian wife, btw.
    Sorry that my level of intelligence does not meet your standards. By the way, where the hell did you graduate? Must be somewhere really special since you are such a supreme being.
    I'm sure that it requires an extraordinary grade of intelligence to be an 'internet love detective'.
    And who the hell said that I am in search of a Russian wife?
    The main problem that I find with Russian women is that they are too hard-headed and arrogant. Just like you my dear!!!
    Since you decided to come here and try to sling sh>> at me today, again I will repay your effort.
    I think that you are just as much of a fraud as the typical Russian begging for money for visa/ticket BS. You just go about it in a different way.

A man's mind, streched by a new idea, will never re-gain it's original dimension.

quote:Originally posted by ham
    a) non-profit (or mostly non-profit ) forums. The old RWA forum died of natural causes and there was no particular reason: i think the business gradually stopped attracting as many people as it used to.
    One cannot blame its demise upon say trolls or people with agendas, for they have [u]always been there, yet in the past you had dozens of new posts a day.
    The new RWA forum died weeks ago...nobody was going there anymore besides 3-4 individuals. These places (like www.antiscam.org ) end up with only a few regulars because there is no driving force behind them besides people who have something to say. RMP is a different case as it got dozens of forums and sub-forums...again, a forum taken individually has just a few regulars plus the occasional lurker. I think they foster an unnatural and naive approach at times, like giving fraudulent behaviour the benefit of the doubt & other knight in shining armour attitudes, but that's life.

b) business-driven forums, Ex RWG/PL etc. You have thousands of users (on paper), but it's mostly a roulette run with aliases, cross-posters etc. They have resident sponsoring agencies and are known to run crusades in favor of their sponsors. Chaperons there are a bunch of idiots who never lasted a couple weeks elsewhere. Given it is an alias rally, egos abound & you get plenty of colorful personalities, odd feuds, weird philosophies and people with very big feet. These are business pimping machines openly run to cash a referral fee. Big deal.
    I agree with almost all of your comments about other forums, except for very few. But what is the conclusion here? That this forum is the best among them all? That it doesn't have any problems? C'mon. No place is perfect, I dooubt it would be even possible. Yet the attendence and and number of users posting is souring here, not there.

Many men foster such an irresponsible approach as: sending money is ok; i met my wife at my third email; keep the faith & give it wings & other such ideas...typically flavoured with comments like "i look 20 years younger " or "i make 6 figures tax free " or " i travel 34 times a month ": enough said.
    I do not know where you found that "i make 6 figures tax free " or " i travel 34 times a month " stuff but ok, let's say it is there. Now let's take a look at our participants over here...

Where should we start? Detective? Ok, I remember this: "I am from a first world country, I make a ton of money and I am wildly successful. I just write to RWs for fun, that's it."

Or, wait, here is Sonar. "I traveled to FSU over 50 times in the past XX years, I know all I need to know about RU, or women in general, I mean how much is there to know? I have a great RU girlfriend, though I don't even plan to marry any of those stinky Russians, they are all beggers and they are stupid cause they are 19th century.."

Do you want me to continue? Please!

Some have just filed for fiancee visas...some are freshly married...
    i have seen many of them fall over the years, and many more are still to come.
    Yes, i understand they are happy [u]now: i would if i were them...still no proof of anything whatsoever...come back in ten or fifteen years & let's see.
    Same could be said about anyone who just got married and feels (rightfully so) happy. Why don't we write on the walls of all the chapels, "Sure you are happy now... come back in ten years & we will see. God bless.".

immigration laws?
    check your embassy's website.
    Great advice. Yet if you can give instant answers to someone's basic questions, it helps sometimes.

that has nothing to do with scams & the subtly fraudulent & tricky nature of the MOB business. The LD/WWW/MOB scene
    sorry to interrupt, but... what is this LD/WWW/MOB? I think I don't have enough background in English, because I do not recognize those. I have heard of MOB, but what are the other ones? You keep using them, and I never can figure them out, it is frustrating. And what is that MOB SCENE?

There is no doubt that a good % of scammers are men. Where i have serious doubts is that the overwhelming majority of FSU-MOB scammers are not from the FSU
    I never said that I think they are not from FSU. In fact, I believe that the scammers are located where the money were picked up (Yoshkar-Ola, in most cases).

Most of them are local pimps. They send their girls to pick up the money. The girls come accompanied by a couple of guys, often pick up 2-3 transfers at once, and as soon as they step away from the WU window, the guys take over the money received. At least that is what I have been told by a WU clerk from Russia.

However, recent developments with the "check cashing" scemes and bank account transfers show that they do have access to resources overseas.

elenag,
    I do not care whether anyone agrees with me or not. I am posting here for fun... I do not have enough experience about russian women and I do not care about russia. I have enough work to the point that russia and all the crazy people there are the least of my interest.
    U could be right in all what you say but let me tell u few facts:
    1) Russian women barely know English --> how do we communicate with them??
    2) Russian women on the internet are NOT educated --> My position does not allow me to marry a woman less than a masters degree.
    3) I live in canada and u know it is not easy for any russian to come to canada --> How can I meet her??

It is hopeless. I do not know many things about russians but I do not think it is worthit to deal with anyone of those. The reason why I tried to be involved with some russian girls was for fun....
    If you want me to say russia is great and russians are perfect then that's fine... I agree with you but I am still convinced it is waste of time to have a serious relationship with anyone.

quote: agree with almost all of your comments about other forums, except for very few. But what is the conclusion here? That this forum is the best among them all? That it doesn't have any problems? C'mon. No place is perfect,
    i do [u]not care, to be honest.
    i just state my experience with the few forums i've been at.
    My option is not to become some internet guru (like many RWG/PL clowns ), but to contribute a cent to awareness. I have been on RWG and it ended with charachter assassination first (they said i was a "pedophile", go figure ), then (once the pedophile item burst in their face as i made no such statement ), they said i was not 1 but 3 or 4 different aliases, while it is enough to browse around to know i am the only one with the same nickname (ham/ham2 if the previous is taken ) [u]everywhere.
    Why?
    I asked how do agencies thread people to weed scammers out and other unpleasant questions and lately a thread about the Elena P* franchise got deleted on antiscam-net because i raised unpleasant topics there too & it ended with the (usual) charachter assassination attempt.

quote:Posted - Dec 16 2005 : 22:01:49

quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally posted by ham
    One cannot blame its demise upon say trolls or people with agendas, for they have always been there, yet in the past you had dozens of new posts a day.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I agree with almost all of your comments about other forums, except for very few. But what is the conclusion here? That this forum is the best among them all? That it doesn't have any problems? C'mon. No place is perfect, I dooubt it would be even possible. Yet the attendence and and number of users posting is souring here, not there.

quote:
    Originally posted by ham
    ------------

I do not know where you found that "i make 6 figures tax free "
    Well, there are various people on various forums. The last feud i had started when i replied with sarcasm (= not a personal attack ) to someone who claimed he (had been told he) looked in his teens and had teens for dates and this & that...
    My approach is simple: if i were a millionaire, i'd be out spending my millions; if i were a super-stud, i'd stud my teen models; if i made seven figures tax free, i'd probably be busy defending mr.Clinton in court or transplanting anuses i wouldn't come on the internet to brag about it . AKA toothless dogs can only bark. I think that if whatever i say makes sense to somebody, then great; if not (because he doesn't want to listen or i couldn't explain myself ), then it's useless to boost one's credentials with facts we have no idea about, nor will we ever know.
    I can say i'm George Clooney for all you know.

quote:Most of them are local pimps. They send their girls to pick up the money. The girls come accompanied by a couple of guys, often pick up 2-3 transfers at once, and as soon as they step away from the WU window, the guys take over the money received. At least that is what I have been told by a WU clerk from Russia.
    many unscrupulous agencies have women sign generic powers of attorney so that any "agency manager" can transact on their behalf, including wires.

quote:

Great advice. Yet if you can give instant answers to someone's basic questions, it helps sometimes.

you run an investigation business and deserve a fee you agreed upon with your clients.
    I just say that many men are soo naive and ignorant...again, check how many fall for fake photoshopped visas.
    A person must be in charge of his own destiny.

quote:However, recent developments with the "check cashing" scemes and bank account transfers show that they do have access to resources overseas.

yes, routing accounts, coded accounts & all the rest. But i do not think that's necessary at all. A writes B sob rubbish made of canned paragraphs. B wires money. End of story. Even more so because $200 or 300 mean a lot in the FSU but can only be used to buy playstation games or pokemon cards in the west.

Or, wait, here is Sonar. "I traveled to FSU over 50 times in the past XX years, I know all I need to know about RU, or women in general, I mean how much is there to know? I have a great RU girlfriend, though I don't even plan to marry any of those stinky Russians, they are all beggers and they are stupid cause they are 19th century.."
    I have been to Russia 17 times and Ukraine 3 times since 1999. Never said anything about "over 50 times". Of course my passport was stamped upon every entry and exit in Moscow and Kiev. I have maintained a multiple enrty business visa with the Russian Consulate for 5 years. Not that I do any business in Russia, but since I am a business owner here, I qualify for this type visa.
    If elenag does not believe me, I have no problem providing the proof.
    Hell, my 17 year old son has even been there 4 times. Even he knows more about Russia than the average keyboard romeo that populates the other forums she refers to.
    Never said that ALL Russians are stupid and never said that ALL Russians are beggars and never said that ALL Russians are scammers.
    I'm told by miss g that I know very little about Russia and Russian women.I never claimed to be an expert on Russian women and as far as I know, there is no requirement for it. If I am missing out on something here, maybe someone smarter than me will inform me about it.
    What miss g needs to try to understand is: TIMES ARE A CHANGIN' BABY!!!! As more and more western men become involved with eastern European women, more and more of the smoke is cleared and more and more of the REAL truth is being told. If that causes some Russians to be seen in a bad light, then I'm sorry about that, but it's just the way it is. They have brought it upon themselves.
    For many years western men have been fed countless claims about how Russian women make such great wives. And that it is very easy to find a faithfull, loving and good woman in the FSU. Russian women are not so much interested in money and material things as western women. I find this to be true ONLY in rare occasions. The real life Russian women that I know all agree with this.

What you say about the education of Russian women is true.
    Why should a highly educated woman look for a man from Internet ?
    Also the level of education in Russia is very questionable.

Many women inform that they have a university education but don't know any foreign language and can't use the computer ! Ofcourse mostly this is only bluff and a try to cheat money by translation and internet costs. But this is also partly true and exposes the level of Russian university education. In our country a person who will be graduated must know at least 3 foreign languages of which 2 rather fluently. Russian education is mainly based on the praise of Russian culture.

I disagree.
    i think that ([u]on average) FSUWs in general are better looking and better educated than WWs. I said on average and i said in general. That was mainly because USSR etc regimes pushed the envelope on that side, while for example in the USA it heavily depends on personal finances and for example Italy is a country where you still got about 20% illiterate people and 2/3 have big troubles speaking italian correctly ( Italy is some sort of big Yugoslavia where you have descendants of arabs, germans, french & in between all lumped together).

i agree when we talk about FSUWs one can meet over the internet, EG LD/MOB scene.

The "visa queen" phenomenon holds little to no water, to speak of.
    I noticed most of e-FSUWs tend to boast outstanding achievements and make overboard claims about themselves. When you see through the fog, their main titre de noblesse is knowing english...now i'm speechless.

That aside, the "very educated" item belongs to the mixed bag of outstanding claims agencies & middlemen direct at western men: the first coming a$$-ugly western, high school dropout oldie in his 70's living off food stamps in a cartonbox can have a triple Ph.D FSU self-contented, submissive princess model 1/3 his age.

the reason of such claims ( & not otherwise) is apparent: if had the looks of a gay cover model, ran a law studio with 20 employees, made 7 figures tax free and were a super-stud, you bet i wouldn't need the FSU to get my more than fair share of tail.