Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

quote:Ham,you are now talking about FSU women from very poor regions of Russia.
    i'm personally talking about nothing. The lines i quoted are typical agency propaganda, not my opinion.

quote:Ham, in your medical opinion, do I fall into the category of the merchenaries or the mentally disturbed?
    My husband is 28 older. We have been maried 5.5 years... don't plan to divorce an time soon....
    you're old news.
    someone elsewhere claimed to be 30 & be madly in love with her husband in his 60's...although she would like to say take latino dancing sessions and get into active entertainment, while he's fine watching TV & taking a nap.
    So when she'll be 40, he'll be 70.
    Do yourself a favor and ask any couple therapist or psychologist.
    I'm sure you are convinced you're the exception...i wish you well.
    For now, there are news of more than few FSU-MOB couples with such age gaps where the woman had affairs, ending in divorce. Lately one was murdered by her then side lover.

quote: know better St.Petersburg. I have never seen there an apartment without telephone, TV, electricity and water. Hot water can be sometimes a problem due to the low condition of water heating systems and piping.
    there probably is some misunderstanding.
    agencies & conpeople love to portray FSU as a third world wasteland.
    If that's so, then western men can "rescue" poor FSUWs...
    i never thought Russia is Uganda & claimed the opposite many times.

quote:In Russia women are very strong and they take the leadership in a family. That might be one reason why men drink so much...Also if men don't give them presents and buy nice clothes often enough, women will refuse from sex... and this leads to the fact that men look for other women...
    misunderstanding again.
    Agencies & conpeople have vested interests in telling you otherwise.
    I posted dozen times that:
    Women from the FSU are from another country, not another planet.

quote:That might be one reason why men drink so much...
    well, i saw russian census statistics...
    the infamous sex gap, which agencies ascribe to poor health, drinking, unemployment etc among FSU men does starts to appear (although not so significant) but only for older age gaps, EG 40yo+.
    If you look for FSUWs who have significantly less potential partners available, then look at the 40yo+.
    Women 30yo & under have just plenty of alive & well male suitors at their disposal.
    I understand why agencies & conpeople would want men to believe otherwise.
    The vastest majority of men (=moolah!) rather seek women in their teen or 20's, not 40+.

quote:Originally posted by ham
    you're old news.
    someone elsewhere claimed to be 30 & be madly in love with her husband in his 60's...although she would like to say take latino dancing sessions and get into active entertainment, while he's fine watching TV & taking a nap.
    So when she'll be 40, he'll be 70.
    Do yourself a favor and ask any couple therapist or psychologist.
    I'm sure you are convinced you're the exception...i wish you well.
    For now, there are news of more than few FSU-MOB couples with such age gaps where the woman had affairs, ending in divorce. Lately one was murdered by her then side lover.
    wait, you avoided the question!
    in your opinion, am I a merchenary or a mentaly disturbed individual?
    i am dying to find out.

do I consider my marriage an exception? i don't know, most RWs I knoe here are married to guys 7-20 years older. and some have only 2-5 years difference. both groups do just fine as far as I can tell if their personalities do not clash and both sides have their values stright. every family is unique, i am sure my marriage is unique and an exception in some ways, but not because of the age difference.

RWs cheating on their husbands... i help to investigated them (RWs) when the time comes for the divorce so i usually get the full story with all the glory details... so I guess you could say that i have some degree of knowledge in this subject. i wouldn't say that rws cheat on their old spouses only. its a totally mixed bag. but i only see a small percentage of such marital problems (just the ones that come to me, or the ones I hear about on the boards), so i can't speak to anything else but my own impression.

every time I mention that my husband is older, people get agitated here (this particular board especially and even some posters on rwg). i usually get the whole "gold-digger / mentally defficient" package thrown in my face and then some. i am ok, i am used to it by now, but it kind of also insults alot of russian american couple that i know in here, and that bothers me actually

quote:wait, you avoided the question!
    in your opinion, am I a merchenary or a mentaly disturbed individual?
    only time can tell.
    i have no idea who you are.
    but since you precisely asked, then

quoteetective Posted - Dec 22 2005 : 11:20:08
    Alright,
    28 years elenag?? probably that's why you're here
    quote:i wouldn't say that rws cheat on their old spouses only.
    now you're twisting the issue.
    cheating can occur even to a 16yo couple of sweethearts.
    Ground for cheating can be just anything, from boredom to sex drive to money to parenting to whatever.
    However
    20yo+ age gaps aren't the healthiest way and lots of divorces confirm it. It is self evident some who is 21 and someone who is 41,51,61; 18 and 38,48,58 have little (if anything)in common...i don't have to explain it.
    It doesn't matter whether most older men on the internet portray themselves as fit as race horses, into break dancing, scuba diving and karate, looking 20 years younger...the older the man, the falser the claim.

quote:every time I mention that my husband is older,
    again you're twisting the issue.
    If you say you're 30 and your husband is older, most people will think he's 35,40, 45 years old, not 58.
    If i say my girlfriend is younger, you can think she's 30, 25, 20...not 14yo.
    It's not the same, although that is your sole business.

quote:Originally posted by ham
    now you're twisting the issue.
    cheating can occur even to a 16yo couple of sweethearts.
    Ground for cheating can be just anything, from boredom to sex drive to money to parenting to whatever.
    20yo+ age gaps aren't the healthiest way and lots of divorces confirm it.
    i do not know the divorce statistics, never had a chance to look at them. but how are those relationships unealthy?

btw, can i take a look at those statistics? where would i find one?

i said it's your sole problem.
    are you happy with a man 28 years your senior?
    yes...? then fine.
    Allow room for doubt and think 10, 15 or 20 years from now...if you'll still be married, then let's talk.
    You read about divorces in the news...one was even playboy's editor.
    I made examples already about why that wouldn't be the best option: stamina, lifestyle, life expectations, whatever...
    But i'm sure you are the exception again, or think to be the one...good enough, for all i have to loose.
    But to make it sound as generally doableit's nonsense.
    I do [u]NOTthink the first coming man in his 50 or 60's can have an honest, successful, lasting, mutually rewarding relationship with a woman in her 20-30.
    One in a million?

i thnk it depends on a man.

about divorces... please don't start with that! britney (spears) is divorcing her beloved husband. age has anything to do with their split? i do not think so. do they have the same lifestyle and abilites to partty all night etc? yes. did it help them? no. did it hurt (him partying while she was with the baby?) yes. what did affect their marriage is the lack of moral values. and a person with lack of moral values will be a bad marriage person for anyone at any age.

how much higher is the divorce rate among big age gap marriages compared to the same-age marriages? that what i was asking about.

the example of the playboy editor - please! anything else unusual abut his life except for this failed marriage? his young wife I am sure was a family orirnted Christian girl from a nice family. think about the kind of woman who would marry the playboy editer! it is a bad example, really, don't you think?

what else? life expectations? I hope my husband to live till 80 or 90, when I will be 40 or 50. after that I am ok. i may remarry or i may stay alone. most women outlive the men anyway so what's the huge issue?

don't get hot & bothered...
    to me it doesn't hold water & borders nonsense...you may just have reinvented the wheel...

quote:his young wife I am sure was the family orirnted Christian girl from a nice family.
    stereotype.
    Do christian girls from good families prefer men 30 years older?
    Good tagline for an agency.

quote:most women outlive the men anyway so what's the huge issue?
    someone put something in your coffee...
    yes, women outlive men here by 5-7 years or less; in some area little more or less...not 30 years...

quote:think about the kind of woman who would marry the playboy editer! it is a badexample, really, don't you think?
    he was wealthy & famous but couldn't hold it together...guess how worse can (very likely) sail average joe bank clerk...

he was wealthy and famous... yes, i am sure if he didn't make it, no one else will..

darn, it is pointless. why do i bother?

have a good evening, Mr. Ham/ was nice talking to you.