Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Elenag,
    Interpretation of three dimensional objects (basically everything you see) depends on the angle you look from. Same person, looking from different angles to the same object perceive it differently. Space geometry is a very sophisticated science and u can apply the rules to basic daily life issues.
    I do not think I can give you exact numbers about divorce rate and stuff like that coz I don't think a randomized prospective double-blinded study has ever been done. If you want to study a parameter (for example: rate of infertility in patients undergoing rectal cancer excision) you have to have 2 groups: 1 control and 1 study group and you have to try to reduce all the bias ... it is very complicated. People in the study should not know about it. I do not think this can be done if you want to compare the outcome of couples with certain age difference. There are tons of interfering parameters that can screw up your study. For this reason, case report studies are sometimes usefull. I don't know how good you are in statistics and probabilities but case report studies are just descriptive and there usefulness is the bring up a hypothesis to be tested later on.
    How can you test whether you are right or ham is??? Simply you cannot. I think that ham's opinion is based on some case reports and your opinion is based on what is around you, family, parents and friends. I do not think there is black or white in life.... there is always a gray zone..... there is an english proverb that I remember from before: no 2 watches run at the same time.

it's a good proverb.

You like it eh?
    Seeya

http://www.divorceandkids.com/divorc...e%20Statistics

http://www.divorcemagazine.com/statistics/statsUS.shtml

http://www.divorcereform.org/rates.html

quote:3. PROJECTION/PREDICTION. This is the Census Bureau's often-cited "50%" rate, the proportion of marriages taking place right now that will eventually divorce, which has since been revised downward to roughly 43% by the National Center for Health Statistics but was moved back up to around 50% by the Census Bureau in 2002, with even more ifs ands and buts than usual. Most recently, according to the New York Times, it has been revised downward to just over 40%.
    Etc etc.

Now i expect miss smart cookie to start bending over backward saying that is not true and that she knows a couple people who don't fit in...fair enough.
    It is outright idiotic that society being what it is, she is out trying to dismiss the fact that many (most?) marriages end in divorce...

http://www.geocities.com/a280872/FSUWs-income-UA.html

shows the % divorces in Ukraine: 39% in 1990 to 47% in 2003 with a peek of 71% in 2000 ( economics playing their big role ).

Children born to unmarried mothers: 11% in UA in 1990 to 17% in 2003. % in the USA are rampant, with about 11% of white and 23% of african teen females ending up as single mothers (US census), with hispanics in between at about 15%.

Now % roughly compare.
    It doesn't really matter arguing over 40%, rather than 50% or 50%+...it's pointless because the impact it's equally devastating.

So what is she trying to prove?
    That divorces are fewer than quoted from source X?
    Perhaps, who knows...i don't, neither does she, so why does she pretend to know?
    That divorces are a negligible chance in real life & statistics are made up & most people live happily thereafter?
    Look around...i see most people are divorced here anyways.

What i don't really get (and she'd dodging the question) is: what is she so desperately trying to prove?
    That she's the exception...? That she's as good as she claims to be...(the diaper diatribe)?
    I can claim on here i devote my life to little nigglets with scurvy & diarrhea to look awesome...
    Easier said than done.
    She reminds me of those that -against US census- wanted to reiterate their sixfigure income over the internet...
    Yes, ok, there is 1% exceptions and you rank among them...fine.
    You love to cook, knit, read the bible and stay home...fine...can you swear a majority of FSUWs fits into that parameter?
    No way...it's your private case.
    So, what are you trying to prove exactly?
    That you're fed up with people telling you you're a visa raider or a mercenary...and that despite there are countless cases of visa raiders & mercenaries, you are a notable exception?
    That many scammers purposefully target old men because they're a vulnerable audience, but you met true love & you're as honest as it gets?
    That you won't back off & get tired when you're 40 & your man is 70? Even if he gets crippled, disabled, impotent or afflicted by other age-related ailments?
    Who are you, miss Jeez-ette?
    well...
    all that is your sole problem.
    i can only tell you of countless stories i read going the way i say.
    I have no idea who you are and why you did what you did...i can say nobody has divorce in mind except conpeople, yet many marriages fail.

ham,
    save me a little time and quote the statistic for the marriages with age difference please.
    thanks,
    elenag

because i do not really care about the marriage statistics in general. in MY experience (from what I have seen so far), not 40 but 70-80 precentage of marriages fail.

we were arguing about the chances of a age gap marriages vs. same age marriages. so, don't get too far away from that subject.

and ham...
    i don't swear.

look...
    you have your reasons to think the way you do...i don't care.
    first you wanted statistics, and you were there dancing the rain dance because they wouldn't come...once they come, you want other statistics...if they came, you'd still want others...
    all because you've a chipped shoulder and act like the drinker or smoker saying there's no increased risk whatsoever in that habit compared to other habits...they say OGM, air pollution & drunk drivers are way more dangerous, fine.
    They are very witty and come up with all sorts of excuses.
    Hell, if there are people into extreme piercing, bondage, cross-dressing or emasculation, you can be into men 30 years older...who cares...
    You behave like the negro with the attitude of: you show me there are problems with the african community...as if it were not self evident.
    Perhaps you can truly be 40 and "happily" married to a 70yo man.
    I don't think so, but since you've been married for 5 or 6 years only, you have no idea, either.
    Do you want to prove it is possible to enter into unusual relationships?
    Yes, it is.
    What i'm questioning is how long can they last.
    Your need to desperately claim you can shows there are issues you should deal with: i simply say those relationships are at greater risk than usual ones, for which there is a 40-50% failure rate. The more adjustements a relationship needs, to accomodate say age, behaviour, habit, belief, religion, race etc related issues, the weaker the relationship becomes and it's self explanatory.
    Say a countryside negro mormon female with heavy drinking habits marries some white inner city militant atheist into compulsive gambling...good chances, huh?
    Now please let's end this here...come back in ten of fifteen years and you'll have more to show than this...i doubt you will, but you prove me wrong.

ok, i agree. this conversation has been pointless for the last 2 pages.
    but you have gave your opinion about me, several times in fact, so please allow to state my opinion about you.
    I think that you are a snob, Mr. Ham.
    Have a nice day.

quote:I think that you are a snob, Mr. Ham.
    oh really?