Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

My 2 cents.
    Join elitemate and see the messages you get from americans, I've had messages from girls ranging from 19 upwards. I'm 34 and want a girl around my age.
    Just got one from a 23 year from wisconsin , I may answer her and the others but I think they are (Possible Scammers)

In the local bar I goto I was chatted up by a very nice girl I nearly went out with until I found out she was only 18.
    Another time in the same bar I was with a friend, there was a 20 year girl who had been left by her friends she was VERY VERY DRUNK ie falling down drunk, a 50 year perv was trying to take her to his place, luckly we and a female friend took her home. She thanked us next time we saw her.

P.S. This post may seem vague but I have only skipped through some of the posts. I'm just trying to say I REALLY hate people taking advantage of genuine people like us and don't believe a younger women is after an older man. (but I could be wrong) who would have thought an actor would have become the president of USA. (No Offence)

Oh and join globaladies.com if you want a real laugh.

Now I'm not Buffy's Watcher I need a new Hobby.
    Well I could get the Kawasaki ZX-9R out. Warp speed Mr Sulu.

Ham and Elenag,
    Rules for DISCUSSION:
    1) Assume that everyone, like you, is seeking truth. Listen in a spirit of humility so you can learn from others, painful though that process may be. One technique to try is to honestly ask yourself "what if what I believe about this really is wrong, and his/her perspective really is right?" Keep this question in mind to help you non-defensively consider others' ideas.
    2) Every person is treated with respect.
    3) Read carefully what the other is saying ? if you are thinking about how you're going to respond, you are probably not reading.
    4) Hope this helps!

Giles, I am not sure I understood what you are saying. Can you refrase it?

And Detective, thanks i will keep that in mind! Given how politely your previous conversations with Nick went, and given some of your very nasty posts about your attiudes toward Russians, it is really funny to hear those words coming out of your mouth!

but i agree with the rules! would be good if everyone (including Detective himself) would follow them at least most of the time.

elenag,

What do you not understand ?

Do you think I should not try and date ?

Nick told me why he was banned from here

Now I'm not Buffy's Watcher I need a new Hobby.
    Well I could get the Kawasaki ZX-9R out. Warp speed Mr Sulu.

i didn't understand your post at all. something abouyt a drunk girl and a pervert... then something about someone trying to take advantage of nice people. then something about becoming a president... i was just not sure how to put it all together...

nick was banned???

and i said that you maybe trying this international online dating stuff to early. i think you may not just be ready for it. yo are just too... volnurable in my opinion

quote:Originally posted by Detective

Ham and Elenag,
    Rules for DISCUSSION:
    1) Assume that everyone, like you, is seeking truth. Listen in a spirit of humility so you can learn from others, painful though that process may be. One technique to try is to honestly ask yourself "what if what I believe about this really is wrong, and his/her perspective really is right?" Keep this question in mind to help you non-defensively consider others' ideas.
    2) Every person is treated with respect.
    3) Read carefully what the other is saying ? if you are thinking about how you're going to respond, you are probably not reading.
    4) Hope this helps!
    i see things in a much simpler way, since we are not dealing with postmodern issues in clinical psychology.
    I think that (like say a smoker or drinker would do ) Elenag defends her own choices and -of course- there are plenty of pro-tobacco & pro-alcohol pressure groups, which do so following her own method, that is questioning premises, common sense and asking no-win questions.
    The matter is entirely subjective: you can drink, you can smoke & she can marry much older men.
    However, it is nonsensical to discard as "opinion" the fact alcohol, smoking and huge age gaps present added difficulties in comparison with different situations: it is self-explanatory and the fact not all smokers or drinkers die or suffer from diseases related to their habit doesn't mean per se that smoking is an harmless habit as say playing checkers, chewing gum or else.
    I am not defending a choice of mine; i am just in favor of common sense.
    Do i think 30 years of age gap is same as 5 or 15 years? No way i do.
    Nobody does but i understand those who do must defend their choices.

i though we ended this discussion (as you suggested)?

in fact i'm not contributing anymore to it.
    think whatever you want.
    i wasn't responding to you...was i?