Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Stupid question and I think I know the answer But

Someone is willing to send me money, if I open a Barclays Bank account. BUT they want the details, so they could tranfer money from it am i correct ?

She is american, but travels around the world, wants me to join her in Nigeria. she was in the uk a few days ago. in Nigeria for a few weeks.

She said Quote? i dont trust nigeria western union , and i dont think i wanna have anything to do with em , but i can receive thru them , well if you dont have . i found bercklays bank reliable , that s why i want you to open an account there. it wont cost you anything okay , and email me the neccesaary information . if you re through with the opening of the acct. you can email me the whole necessary info i need?

Also from Elitemate.

Now I'm not Buffy's Watcher I need a new Hobby.
    Well I could get the Kawasaki ZX-9R out. Warp speed Mr Sulu.

i hope you're joking with this question.
    Sure, and "her" father used to be some oil kingpin, tribal dictator or whatever...and his trasure got lost during a rebellion, or Interpol froze it for war crimes...
    what load of hogwash!

LOL.
    Typical response from HAM.

LOL

for all i have to loose, go ahead and make your day.

er, what do you mate ?

did you meet her when she was there? open an account with 10 lbs then see what she does.

May open an account with ?1 pound and see what happens

Also may give my other scammer her details, and so could transfer the money. LOL

Giles,

Don't open anything and don't give her any info about yourself.

My suggestion to you is to try to stay away from strangers offering you financial translactions altogether.

Classic scam. She sends you a certified check, you deposit into account, she knows account, withdraws money, bank comes back a few days later and says certified check was bogus, bank realizes money is gone, you are held liable and must pay back amount taken as it is your account and you brought in fradulent check. She enjoys money while you go to court for fraud. have a nice day :-)

quote:Originally posted by wxman2003

Classic scam. She sends you a certified check, you deposit into account, she knows account, withdraws money, bank comes back a few days later and says certified check was bogus, bank realizes money is gone, you are held liable and must pay back amount taken as it is your account and you brought in fradulent check. She enjoys money while you go to court for fraud. have a nice day :-)
    some people love posing as "hurt" if they receive advice exposing a plot as scam...what's funny is they will hurt even more when the scam unfolds successfully and they have to reckon with police, judges and perhaps criminal charges (because honestly you know nothing about "him/her/them/it" and it could be a straw man from some group dealing with illegal activities. Who knows, police could be watching that already ). At which point good luck with both the financial loss AND the likely indictment.

As well, only one person in a million ignores these scams, already played thousands of times. I got a letter claiming i had "won" 1 million pounds, but had to supply bank coordinates. In connection with such "Nigeria" styled frauds millions are wasted every year and many are reported as missing (yes, the hurting smarta$$ who -puzzled- bothered to hunt them down ).

But as i say, go ahead & get rich quick in my face.