Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I'm not going to do anything now. Seems too strange.

She Didn't want to meet in the UK but wants me to travel to her now.

No way.

Now I'm not Buffy's Watcher I need a new Hobby.
    Well I could get the Kawasaki ZX-9R out. Warp speed Mr Sulu.

while i have never heard of casualties associated with a MOB scam ( you wire $; you loose money, that's all ), there are many lost/missing cases associated with Nigeria style frauds. The FBI, Interpol & other agencies have special numbers devoted to this kind of scams. They are NOT to be taken lightly in their opinion.

wxman2003 has nailed this one on the head. The other way these scams unfold is that sometimes the Nigerian scammer will have an inside contact in a real bank. He will get that contact to "flash" your bank account, which means your account will show that some huge amount of money has been transferred into it by wire transfer bank-to-bank. Then the scammer will ask you to send some amount of money back to him via Western Union. A few days later, the money that they "flashed" into your account disappears, and you will get stuck holding the bill for the large amount of money that you sent to Nigeria, only you will owe it to your bank.

In most of these case, both involving stolen and counterfeit checks as well as bogus bank transfer "flashes," the bank will admit no liability and will go after the account holder, since he or she is their only real point of contact to recover the lost amount.

wxman2003 has nailed this one on the head. The other way these scams unfold is that sometimes the Nigerian scammer will have an inside contact in a real bank. He will get that contact to "flash" your bank account, which means your account will show that some huge amount of money has been transferred into it by wire transfer bank-to-bank. Then the scammer will ask you to send some amount of money back to him via Western Union. A few days later, the money that they "flashed" into your account disappears, and you will get stuck holding the bill for the large amount of money that you sent to Nigeria, only you will owe it to your bank.

In most of these case, both involving stolen and counterfeit checks as well as bogus bank transfer "flashes," the bank will admit no liability and will go after the account holder, since he or she is their only real point of contact to recover the lost amount.

Told her I will not send money or give bank details. !!!
    I said we can meet back in the UK, and she agreed in a few weeks. ???
    She was still taking about barclays bank, didn't ask me for details this time. But she's not getting any details from me. EVER

A scammer really trying hard to get money from me I think.

No way !!

Funny though she hasn't been on on msn since on emailed her a message like this. !! (But worded better)
    Scammer !!!

Told her I will not send money or give bank details. !!!
    I said we can meet back in the UK, and she agreed in a few weeks. ???
    She was still taking about barclays bank, didn't ask me for details this time. But she's not getting any details from me. EVER

A scammer really trying hard to get money from me I think.

No way !!

Funny though she hasn't been on on msn since on emailed her a message like this. !! (But worded better)
    Scammer !!!

Now wants me to setup joint account with her.
    No way

But used neotrace and the traces from different messages are from USA and Lagos.

Now wants me to setup joint account with her.
    No way

But used neotrace and the traces from different messages are from USA and Lagos.