Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Default Possible new Scammer posing as a Student

Hi,

Possible new Scammer. !

She?s a 21 year old student from the Ukraine, been talking for weeks, wants to come
    to the UK as a student she was going to find out if her University could help, but got the below message today. I?ve found no details of her on the net, should I make a report about her ?
    I meet her on a Russian date site, but her details have been gone for weeks.
    Also answers all my emails with correct answers, No BAT or Mari El in message headers. IP address is correct for where she say?s she lives.
    I?m not sending any money.
    Suggestions ?

Regards

Her letter :-

Thank you for your letter!
    I am ok, thank you. Hope you are well too?

I am sorry for silence during these days. The reason was the Women's holiday, that we have here on 8th of the March!
    On this day I should to congratulate every woman-professor in University and ,of course, my mom!
    I've chosen presents and it took a lot of time!

As for the program, I cleared up this question. If I take part in this program, I'll be a student of one of the UK universities during a half-year. They say, they do everything : an international passport, visa and buy ticket.
    But I have to pay beforehead for it! It costs 1200$.

So, I don't know, what to do!

Waiting for your letter,
    Sincerely,
    Xxxxxxxxxx (Name removed)

Watch out for BAT or Mari el in the message header. Maybe a scammer. Only My Opinion.
    Now I'm not Buffy's Watcher I need a new Hobby.
    Well I could get the Kawasaki ZX-9R out. Warp speed Mr Sulu.

I do not think u shud be paranoid... Some women are truthful. I suggest u talk to as much as u can at the same time and see what happens and remember.... Scammers can talk to you for muns without u being able to notice... and they can even scam u after meeting dem.
    Go slow and see.... don't be paranoid coz u will loose the beauty of the relationship... Be cautious but not doubtful....
    Good luck,
    DETECTIVE

I do not think u shud be paranoid... Some women are truthful. I suggest u talk to as much as u can at the same time and see what happens and remember.... Scammers can talk to you for muns without u being able to notice... and they can even scam u after meeting dem.
    Go slow and see.... don't be paranoid coz u will loose the beauty of the relationship... Be cautious but not doubtful....
    Good luck,
    DETECTIVE

In her letter she wrote:

"As for the program, I cleared up this question. If I take part in this program, I'll be a student of one of the UK universities during a half-year. They say, they do everything : an international passport, visa and buy ticket.
    But I have to pay beforehead for it! It costs 1200$. So, I don't know, what to do!"

Sounds like she is sending him subtle hints already through the pity route. She doesn't know what to do about the $1200. Oh what a tragedy, but she could be saved by him!

Only took her a few weeks to get to the money problem. The smell of a scam is quite strong. Ask her if there is any way you can contact her university or the university in the U.K. that she inquired about. Tell her you can find out about possible scholarships for her, etc by talking to people at the UK university. Surely they would have records of her request and you could volunteer to be her sponsor. I bet she will come up with excuses and not be able to give you such information.

In her letter she wrote:

"As for the program, I cleared up this question. If I take part in this program, I'll be a student of one of the UK universities during a half-year. They say, they do everything : an international passport, visa and buy ticket.
    But I have to pay beforehead for it! It costs 1200$. So, I don't know, what to do!"

Sounds like she is sending him subtle hints already through the pity route. She doesn't know what to do about the $1200. Oh what a tragedy, but she could be saved by him!

Only took her a few weeks to get to the money problem. The smell of a scam is quite strong. Ask her if there is any way you can contact her university or the university in the U.K. that she inquired about. Tell her you can find out about possible scholarships for her, etc by talking to people at the UK university. Surely they would have records of her request and you could volunteer to be her sponsor. I bet she will come up with excuses and not be able to give you such information.

Hi,
    Well I think this may be a scam.
    Also in the 8th letter she wanted to know which airport she should fly to too meet me.
    The letter below is the 22nd.
    I didn?t ask what course she would be studying, as per advice because I had already sent the letter.
    She live?s in Gorlovka.
    I suppose I could ask if she wants me to send money, and if it?s Western Union, check
    to see if she has received money before. But I?m not sending Money.
    And also ask about the University.
    Also on 1 email she used a different email address.

I sent this reply back :-

Hello xxxxxxx

How are you ?
    I was happy to get your letter.

Have you any ideas how you could get the money, could your parent's, relatives and friends help with the money, then when you are here we could start sending the money back.

I like your picture, do you have any more ?

Faithfully yours
    Xxxxxxxxx

And got this Reply today :-

Hello dear xxxxxx
    It is a pity, my dear xxxxxxx , I can't borrow money from my parents. Their wages are 150$ in whole and they pay for my education. My friends don't have such som.
    From your letter I understood that you don't trust me.
    I have a lot of doubts too. A daughter of my aunt' friend was invited in USA by the man ,she had met through the internet. They corresponded during half of the year.Everything seemed well between them. She told everyone she found her second half! He said her to borrow money and he would give them back her when she came. But when she came there(borrowed a huge som!), he said :" I am sorry, but I understood, I love another woman!"
    She went back with broken heart and huge borrowing, that she returns till these days. She doesn't trust people now.She is reserved in herself.
    I hope you understand me. I don't mean you are such man.
    I mean,if you don't trust me, how can I trust you?
    Please, think about this and write me your thoughts , ok?

Waiting for your letter,
    Sincerely,
    xxxxxx

Watch out for BAT or Mari el in the message header. Maybe a scammer. Only My Opinion.

Hi,
    Well I think this may be a scam.
    Also in the 8th letter she wanted to know which airport she should fly to too meet me.
    The letter below is the 22nd.
    I didn?t ask what course she would be studying, as per advice because I had already sent the letter.
    She live?s in Gorlovka.
    I suppose I could ask if she wants me to send money, and if it?s Western Union, check
    to see if she has received money before. But I?m not sending Money.
    And also ask about the University.
    Also on 1 email she used a different email address.

I sent this reply back :-

Hello xxxxxxx

How are you ?
    I was happy to get your letter.

Have you any ideas how you could get the money, could your parent's, relatives and friends help with the money, then when you are here we could start sending the money back.

I like your picture, do you have any more ?

Faithfully yours
    Xxxxxxxxx

And got this Reply today :-

Hello dear xxxxxx
    It is a pity, my dear xxxxxxx , I can't borrow money from my parents. Their wages are 150$ in whole and they pay for my education. My friends don't have such som.
    From your letter I understood that you don't trust me.
    I have a lot of doubts too. A daughter of my aunt' friend was invited in USA by the man ,she had met through the internet. They corresponded during half of the year.Everything seemed well between them. She told everyone she found her second half! He said her to borrow money and he would give them back her when she came. But when she came there(borrowed a huge som!), he said :" I am sorry, but I understood, I love another woman!"
    She went back with broken heart and huge borrowing, that she returns till these days. She doesn't trust people now.She is reserved in herself.
    I hope you understand me. I don't mean you are such man.
    I mean,if you don't trust me, how can I trust you?
    Please, think about this and write me your thoughts , ok?

Waiting for your letter,
    Sincerely,
    xxxxxx

She is absolutely right... How can she trust you if u don't trust her??? Although I now think she is a scam artist... The reasoning she gave is pretty much of someone who is familiar with internet dating and scamming. She might be genuine BUT she has already a notion of scamming and this is not to her advantage.
    The other thing is that in your letter you did not mention, neither directly or indirectly, that you don't trust her.... she is trying to make you feel guilty and to send her money.... this is the typical scammer!
    I would suggest you end this relationship. There is absolutely no way to know if she is genuine or not so why buda (bother)... I would also advice u to see any british woman from your country.... And let me tell ya.... u probably tried women from your country and u were not successful... the reason is because women are women, they are bunch of crazy species that, unfortunately, we (men) love.... Don't look anywhere else.... the problem is not in culture or religion or education.... the problem is in the ratio estrogen/progesterone...

She is absolutely right... How can she trust you if u don't trust her??? Although I now think she is a scam artist... The reasoning she gave is pretty much of someone who is familiar with internet dating and scamming. She might be genuine BUT she has already a notion of scamming and this is not to her advantage.
    The other thing is that in your letter you did not mention, neither directly or indirectly, that you don't trust her.... she is trying to make you feel guilty and to send her money.... this is the typical scammer!
    I would suggest you end this relationship. There is absolutely no way to know if she is genuine or not so why buda (bother)... I would also advice u to see any british woman from your country.... And let me tell ya.... u probably tried women from your country and u were not successful... the reason is because women are women, they are bunch of crazy species that, unfortunately, we (men) love.... Don't look anywhere else.... the problem is not in culture or religion or education.... the problem is in the ratio estrogen/progesterone...