Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

please don't start feuds.
    everybody will do as they see fit.
    again, i think very few FSUWs have a passable understanding & command of any foreign language.
    Sure, they may have learnt it in school, but that's far from being fluent enough to handle relationship matters purposefully.
    That's why -like it or not- there is so much translation business around.

Thanx Ham....could not have said it better. I am not coming down on anyone at all. I was taken by a "lady" from the Philipines and had an attempt from the Ukraine. The one I talk to in Russia has corresponded with me for over a year. Exchanged many photos of her Christmas and home pictures. I have seen her on an agency webcam, talked to her on the phone many times. Just because I wish to learn a little Russian language...Well I tried the Asian Language, attempted the Ukranian....but am most prevolent in Cree. I know that a large number of Canadians are of French decent, but again a lot of these are not "frenchmen" but rather people who settled in, For instance Quebec, but came from a foreign country and adopted this lands language. It is never a bad thing to learn a second language no matter what it is. I want to learn Russian and felt condemned because they are all classed as "scammers". Each to their own opinion, but I married Canadian and lost it all to a scamming "lady" from here. Even home based "ladies " can "get it all".

Thanx Ham....could not have said it better. I am not coming down on anyone at all. I was taken by a "lady" from the Philipines and had an attempt from the Ukraine. The one I talk to in Russia has corresponded with me for over a year. Exchanged many photos of her Christmas and home pictures. I have seen her on an agency webcam, talked to her on the phone many times. Just because I wish to learn a little Russian language...Well I tried the Asian Language, attempted the Ukranian....but am most prevolent in Cree. I know that a large number of Canadians are of French decent, but again a lot of these are not "frenchmen" but rather people who settled in, For instance Quebec, but came from a foreign country and adopted this lands language. It is never a bad thing to learn a second language no matter what it is. I want to learn Russian and felt condemned because they are all classed as "scammers". Each to their own opinion, but I married Canadian and lost it all to a scamming "lady" from here. Even home based "ladies " can "get it all".

i am trying to learn russian because i am looking into the relocation option (when-if ever).
    i think that the greatest chances lies with everyday laypeople, not the worn out, jaded, restricted WWW/LD (=MOB) community of women ( barred men hiding behind stolen pictures & outright scammers ) who often make a "profession" out of "marriage minded correspondence".
    As well, women fluent in a foreign language ( i mean in the true sense ) have probably been around so many foreigners and -i must add- get laid with many of them...you know.
    So in the end you'll have someone who has exchanged bodily fluids with a row of Igor & Oleg, plus another row of Barney, Pedro...
    That is another restricted category one ought to better steer clear of.
    I have a friend who is not wealthy, not good looking, whatever.
    He took a tour to Ukraine; with the women he had corresponded there was no click and he said he ended up in bed with the interpreters.
    Both professional daters AND the "interpreter" kind of category highly remind me of those deluded broads you meet at the local pub scene.

Everyday laypeople are the best option.
    to do that you have to know the language and you have to be interested in the cultural thing as well.

i am trying to learn russian because i am looking into the relocation option (when-if ever).
    i think that the greatest chances lies with everyday laypeople, not the worn out, jaded, restricted WWW/LD (=MOB) community of women ( barred men hiding behind stolen pictures & outright scammers ) who often make a "profession" out of "marriage minded correspondence".
    As well, women fluent in a foreign language ( i mean in the true sense ) have probably been around so many foreigners and -i must add- get laid with many of them...you know.
    So in the end you'll have someone who has exchanged bodily fluids with a row of Igor & Oleg, plus another row of Barney, Pedro...
    That is another restricted category one ought to better steer clear of.
    I have a friend who is not wealthy, not good looking, whatever.
    He took a tour to Ukraine; with the women he had corresponded there was no click and he said he ended up in bed with the interpreters.
    Both professional daters AND the "interpreter" kind of category highly remind me of those deluded broads you meet at the local pub scene.

Everyday laypeople are the best option.
    to do that you have to know the language and you have to be interested in the cultural thing as well.

Hey boys,
    I appreciate your intention to learn a new language (Russian) and/or relocate... But does it worth it to spend so much time to learn a language which I believe is difficult with the limited free time you have???
    Do u wanna go to russia and live there???? Jeeeeeeezzzzzzzzzzzz, the russians are moving out of the country...
    Do u wanna learn there language, marry one of them who doesn't speak english!!!! This is absolutely strange.... Ham, I don't believe that u want to do that and u lived in north america...
    Whatever guys, everybuddy has different opinion and maybe I am wrong..

Hey boys,
    I appreciate your intention to learn a new language (Russian) and/or relocate... But does it worth it to spend so much time to learn a language which I believe is difficult with the limited free time you have???
    Do u wanna go to russia and live there???? Jeeeeeeezzzzzzzzzzzz, the russians are moving out of the country...
    Do u wanna learn there language, marry one of them who doesn't speak english!!!! This is absolutely strange.... Ham, I don't believe that u want to do that and u lived in north america...
    Whatever guys, everybuddy has different opinion and maybe I am wrong..

learning a language spans over many years.
    i don't think "crash course learning" is possible (unless all you want is to order a meal or ask for directions ).
    Well, streams of people are moving out of Mexico as well; nevertheless many affluent people still go & live there...it all depends...be a bum & life will be tough no matter where you are.
    In my case it makes no difference whether she speaks english or not...my native language is not english; i know french, german, english and i'm learning russian.
    I think it is an investment.
    I'm interested in cultural matters as well, but i think i'm just guarding my back.
    I never trust completely whatever i'm told.
    By hearing women in their language, you improve your chances to detect liars, scammers etc tenfold, instead of relying upon canned paragraphs and milled emotions she has only a remote idea of.
    To give an example, there are at least 4 ways in german to convey A=B (sei, sein sollte, waere, ist ).
    Now a non- or superficially trained foreigner will not understand the difference ( which goes from " i heard A=B " to "A=B" to "supposedly A=B" to "A=B? not true " ) and if you rely upon such third hand meaning, you'll never know.
    Fact is, complicate language structure rarely translates exactly ( EG ob in german perfectly means whether in english ).
    A relationship ( irrespective of any debate over marriage, women etc ) cannot be handled like buying a kilo of chips.

learning a language spans over many years.
    i don't think "crash course learning" is possible (unless all you want is to order a meal or ask for directions ).
    Well, streams of people are moving out of Mexico as well; nevertheless many affluent people still go & live there...it all depends...be a bum & life will be tough no matter where you are.
    In my case it makes no difference whether she speaks english or not...my native language is not english; i know french, german, english and i'm learning russian.
    I think it is an investment.
    I'm interested in cultural matters as well, but i think i'm just guarding my back.
    I never trust completely whatever i'm told.
    By hearing women in their language, you improve your chances to detect liars, scammers etc tenfold, instead of relying upon canned paragraphs and milled emotions she has only a remote idea of.
    To give an example, there are at least 4 ways in german to convey A=B (sei, sein sollte, waere, ist ).
    Now a non- or superficially trained foreigner will not understand the difference ( which goes from " i heard A=B " to "A=B" to "supposedly A=B" to "A=B? not true " ) and if you rely upon such third hand meaning, you'll never know.
    Fact is, complicate language structure rarely translates exactly ( EG ob in german perfectly means whether in english ).
    A relationship ( irrespective of any debate over marriage, women etc ) cannot be handled like buying a kilo of chips.

Toymaker, I am new here, but you did not finish your account on learning the asian language (and what is it called? Just curious) and what of your relationship if anything with the Filipina. You left your account on this dangling....so what happend? What happend to the Ukranian you were corresponding with[?] or have I misread?