Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Default A bit of help please?

The following is the header from a lady I have been speaking to for a short while now. No mention has been made of money, or of plans to come to my home, but I thought I would check and see what your opinions might be. Her name is Inga Romanova and she is supposed to be from Cheboksary Russia. I know the drill well enough, and have kept our correspondence to the normal. I know she uses The Bat, and what that may or may not imply alone. Just wanting to make sure she is who she says she is... Are there any other ways to check the identity of people overseas? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

From romanovakiss1@rambler.ru Sat Dec 2 02:17:40 2006
    X-Apparently-To: kountrytruckin@yahoo.com via 66.196.100.224; Sat, 02 Dec 2006 02:18:37 -0800
    X-Originating-IP: [81.19.66.30]
    Return-Path: <romanovakiss1@rambler.ru>
    Authentication-Results: mta102.mail.re3.yahoo.com from=rambler.ru; domainkeys=neutral (no sig)
    Received: from 81.19.66.30 (EHLO mxb.rambler.ru) (81.19.66.30)
    by mta102.mail.re3.yahoo.com with SMTP; Sat, 02 Dec 2006 02:18:37 -0800
    Received: from mailc.rambler.ru (mailc.rambler.ru [81.19.66.27])
    by mxb.rambler.ru (Postfix) with ESMTP id 1DD59423CF
    for <kountrytruckin@yahoo.com>; Sat, 2 Dec 2006 13:18:35 +0300 (MSK)
    Received: from [192.168.33.92] ([87.238.119.226])
    (authenticated bits=0)
    by mailc.rambler.ru (8.13.6/8.13.6) with ESMTP id kB2AIKw4017046
    for <kountrytruckin@yahoo.com>; Sat, 2 Dec 2006 13:18:31 +0300 (MSK)
    Date: Sat, 2 Dec 2006 13:17:40 +0300
    X-Mailer: The Bat! (v3.80.03) Professional
    Reply-To: romanovakiss1@rambler.ru
    X-Priority: 3 (Normal)
    Message-ID: <1957236117.20061202131740@rambler.ru>
    To: **** <kountrytruckin@yahoo.com>
    Subject: ****
    In-Reply-To: <20061201115923.94793.qmail@web58812.mail.re1.yaho o.com>
    References: <20061201115923.94793.qmail@web58812.mail.re1.yaho o.com>
    MIME-Version: 1.0
    Content-Type: multipart/mixed;
    boundary="----------8D26209371DE0D4"
    X-Auth-User: romanovakiss1, whoson: (null)
    Content-Length: 30456

Hi,

Well I think she / he is a scammer. Sorry.
    I?ve had scammers chatting to me for months before they ask for money.
    The IP address 87.238.119.226 resolves to the Ukraine, if she was from Cheboksary her IP address should resolve to a city near there.
    The way the internet works in Russia is that the IP address should resolve to the location the person says they are from.

I did a search on another site for that IP address and the result comes up with the scamming gang from Mari El, which is near Cheboksary.
    Use this site to check the IP addresses in the future :- http://www.whois-search.com/

If you want any more help, I?ll send you an email.
    Also you should remove your email address from the message header, so you don?t get unwanted messages.

Hope that helps
    Giles

I have also been receiving correspondance from her. She "fell in love" after a few e mails. She alsways attached nice pictures to the e mails. After a while she needed $470.00 to get her tourist visa to come and see me. When I told her about fraud and that I needed her to convince me she was for real, the e mils stopped. She is a scam artist. Be Careful!!!

I am going through the same process here with a woman from Cheboksary, Russia. Read my post of yesterday about a new scam in progress and read the latest email I received from her asking for money to come here. It took her a month and a half to get to this point after saying she wanted to move here to the USA and marry me and fell in love with me only after a few emails. The pictures she sent me were gorgeous and probably of some model. So she is scamming me and I am going to scam her back.

Hi Giles
    You are right about the IP originating from Ukraine but she is using SPACEGATE Satellite service. No mention of El-Mari but we can assume that since she is using a Satellite service, she or he does not want to be traced.
    It's a scammer .....!!![8]

ScamBuster - Canada

quote:Originally posted by careerandjobcoach

I am going through the same process here with a woman from Cheboksary, Russia. Read my post of yesterday about a new scam in progress and read the latest email I received from her asking for money to come here. It took her a month and a half to get to this point after saying she wanted to move here to the USA and marry me and fell in love with me only after a few emails. The pictures she sent me were gorgeous and probably of some model. So she is scamming me and I am going to scam her back.

quote:Originally posted by careerandjobcoach

Keep us updated on scamming her back. Let me know how it worked out! She also called me once and left a long message about loving me.

Hi people.

My name is marvin gonzalez. You can reach me at Cecil_G_63@Yahoo.com

I know lots of stuff and what I do not know, I know where to get the info.

I am seeing alot of questions that I had but know have answers to.

I am investingating a possible scammer.

I want to address the use of Bat!.

This is a program for bulk mail. Form letters and such.

Public Web browsers in a library, Internet cafe, Community center, and the like have no need for this.

If there is a Bat! it is mass distributed. With MSWord and the like, a person need only change particulars in form letters.

There is Bat! then a "v" #. i.e. Bat! ( v1 ### ) Professional ( or Private )If v1 is a person of average intelligence in scamming. v2 are the dummest if not clummsiest, v3 and she/he is super professional.

Check out the following sites for tools, instructions, and more info.

it is only the beginning. Be blessed.

Delphifaq.com. Click "outside the cube", then "dating scams".
    Datingnmore.com. Click "scams". Scroll down to "scam menu".
    aruljohn.com = this ones for IP stuff.
    readnotify.com = put a tracer on your e-mail to anyone.
    inet-investigation.com
    Ripe.net = trace and investigate.

see ya. don't be afraid to use my e-dress. I know stuff.

Cecil G