Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: rbrides.com

Default rbrides.com

rbrides.com is infested with scammers. I have been talking to 7 ladies and all of them are listed on this site. I am suffering from brain cramps now from looking through the pictures. Ill gather all the info on all of them and post it here later.

drew331

I'd report them to rbrides as well, they do remove scammers when you make a report.

Rbrides - Best site for scammers !!!! I personally posted umteen of them on various sites.

They might remove the user but she can log on under a new name and they will accept her. Duhhhh!!!!! I caught the same woman 3 times.

ScamBuster - Canada

I was suckered by a woman on RBrides. I hate to admit my stupidity but I also met my fiancee on that site. Strange thing is that she never posted a profile on that site. She apprears on that site and another affiliated site. I have been to Russia twice staying with my fiancee both times. I have met some of her friends. She has not told all of her friends until recently about her plans. I only know what she tells me. She says she does not want to tell friends and co-workers until she has the interview. She says they would envy her. Does this sound right? She is my age 54, never married, and gorgeous. We have been in the K1 visa process since May and she has an interview in Moscow on 19 Jan 07. She asked me for money to help with expenses to Moscow. She has to be there 4 days to take a physical, wait for the results, and go to the interview. She asked for $200 which is resonable. I had offered to send her money several times before and she told me each time that she would let me know if she needed it. I am on this site to do research and make sure everything is right with us before I commit. I appreciate comments as I might not be thinking clearly all of the time.

Some women are afraid to be "labeled" if they admit seeking foreigners, same as men being labeled "losers who couldn't get a date at home if their life depended on it".
    This is the easiest explanation.
    Another one is that she might have reasons not to go public about it, EG undisclosed/local relationships you are not aware of.
    Are you sure of her past?
    otherwise it might be worth investing in background checks.

The possibility of a visa rider cannot be overrulled. Be sure your financial etc situation is in order and properly structured to stay in your hands in the worst of cases.
    Remember women need no more than speculation and fabricated DV charges, no matter how fictitious, to have you evicted from your house and under trial.
    At her age it would seem less likely, however keep in mind she will soon be brainwashed by big brother & "equality" propaganda...it doesn't matter if at home she couldn't care less...when in Rome, do as the Romans do.

Ohotnik,

I think you should relax. She seems fairly plausible to me.

So if she runs off with $200...? It's not going to change her life or wreck yours, so I'd give it to her.

She won't have told anyone much because if you let HER down then she'll look like the fool. These ladies are conservative at the best of times - a more mature lady is even more likely to be so.

She COULD of course, be playing the long game but human nature tends to make the scammers/gold-diggers go for the quick buck. She could have had money off you already and she declined it.

My view is that if she's found a nice guy (bearing in mind her age) what would she gain from free-loading him just to get in the USA? What's she going to do then..? Most people just want to have a comfortable life, with someone they care about and it seems to me she's already found you, so she's a stayer, not a player.

Good luck.

Ralf S.

No bullets for Chaingun

I would have to agree with those of you who think Rbrides has a preponderance of "women" working a blag (scam) though fortunately they are pretty damn easy to spot by applying just a modicum of common sense.
    I get on average five messages a day from "women" in the age bracket 18 to 35 and upon checking their profiles they are invariably centrefold pretty and possess delightful bodies, the photographs are professionally lit, professionally shot and professionally posed. The girls have been professionally made up and their hair is usually immaculate......time for a reality check!!!. I am in my early fifties as is obvious from the photographs on my profile, I also make it quite clear in my profile that I am just an ordinary bloke, not wealthy, world travelled, clever or particularly successful.
    Within their message they usually say they have looked at my "structure" (profile) and in effect really like what they have read about me, yet a quick check of the Rbrides site telemetry will normally indicate they have not looked at my profile at all.
    They will also immediately give me "their" personal email address and ask that we correspond via that address.

Is this all begining to sound familiar to any of you guys yet ???

If I am to guess, I would say that some bloody dimwit (in all probabilty male rather than female) has procured photographs from somewhere or another, cobbled up a profile from his tiny mind and the whole object of the exercise is to get hold of my/your personal email address, however, it has not yet occured to me why he would want it!!

Can any of you guys throw any light on the why of it for me ???

Is my guesswork accurate or am I barking up the wrong tree ???

Where I would have to disagree with one or two correspondants in this forum is to do with the willingness/unwillingness of the Rbrides site management to act against any scam/blag profile.
    In my limited experience of registering complaints (accompanied by clear evidence) the management at best "rolls the ball exceeding slow" and at worst does precisely nothing !!
    My jaundiced eye therefore seeing that very attractive ladies profiles are "rather good for business" even if the majority of them are a complete bloody fiction.

Still, I suppose at the end of the day, we should all smile and exclaim....."Ah, tiss all part of lifes rich tapestry".

Templer.

quote:I am in my early fifties as is obvious from the photographs on my profile, I also make it quite clear in my profile that I am just an ordinary bloke, not wealthy, world travelled, clever or particularly successful.
    salute.
    at least not another comic book charachter cross-bred between Ted di Biase (the million dollar man ) and Rick Martel (the model).

quote:If I am to guess, I would say that some bloody dimwit (in all probabilty male rather than female) has procured photographs from somewhere or another, cobbled up a profile from his tiny mind and the whole object of the exercise is to get hold of my/your personal email address, however, it has not yet occured to me why he would want it!!

Can any of you guys throw any light on the why of it for me ???

Is my guesswork accurate or am I barking up the wrong tree ???
    Scammers or conpeople use known websites for visibility and derail scammees to private email addresses so that the site isn't involved (afraid of blacklisting? )
    Getting one email address, what for?
    Sending spam?
    It is always best, though, to use disposable email addresses from free providers to contact people online.

quote:My jaundiced eye therefore seeing that very attractive ladies profiles are "rather good for business" even if the majority of them are a complete bloody fiction.
    in another thread i documented how profiles on some sites are actually ages old.
    http://stop-scammers.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=558

Thank you "Ham" for your observations, I am now a little wiser

I have to throw in what I know about RBrides.com, which is that yes, they are a big time scammer site! They have a "sister" site, Site2Date.com. Both sites have the same scammer profiles. The scammers go from one to the other and back.

As far as them removing scam profiles... hahahahahahaha! I complained about a scammer 4 times before the profile was removed, and yup, same scammer with a new name a week later!

I have also seen the same scammers with 2 or 3 profiles running at the same time, with different names and cities, but the exact same everything else.

As for all the RBrides scammers listed on this site, I probably reported half of them.[8D]

Train returns