Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: rbrides.com

Good afternoon PeopleSmoks,

I think your observations have served to reinforce my own experiences. It makes you wonder whether the site management of Rbrides is actually in league with the blag (scam) profiles or even whether some of them originate with management !

To help balance the books, though going slightly off subject I will relate a tale that may just be of interest :-

An old school pal and very good friend of mine persued the profession of psychologist, unfortunately he became terminally ill. In the last two years of his life although physically incapacitated he dreamed up projects to keep his mind occupied and one of those (strange!) projects was to get a sample quantification of females who would fit into a true profile which could be loosely described as female submissive sex toy, (every mans dream !?). In furtherance of this he joined the site "Alt.com" to get his test sample. Unfortunately Motor Neurons disease terminated his life before he could complete this somewhat amusing exercise, however, up to the last time we discussed this particular project he had contacted more than 1700 (yes that is 1700) females who had profiles that conformed to the set parameters he was researching and, suprise, suprise!!!.....not ONE fitted into the true profile.
    So it would seem to me that "Alt.com" are just as bad in their way as "Rbrides" are in theirs.

Hey templer111! Not to sell your friend short, but what we are talking about is "The Stepford Wives". The "PERFECT" woman!

We all need to understand something. FSU dating/MOB is all about selling the product. It doesn't matter if it's a scammer or the 1 in a million "real" girl. These girls are trying to sell you (and me) our dream girl.

What do you think will get a better response???

1) I'm a caring, gentle, romantic girl. Me of 28 years. I like to prepare tasty meals for my loved man. I like to keep a nice cozy home. I hope to meet kind man for serious relations and to make a happy family.
    2) I'm a 35 yo maybe trying to recover this week heroin junkie with two kids. I'll steal from you and lie my butt off to cover my tracks. I even taught my kids to lie for me! I need a man who will tolerate my crap for a while. (oh, this describes my X)

Anyway, which do you think most guys will reply to?

Train returns

quote:FSU dating/MOB is all about selling the product. It doesn't matter if it's a scammer or the 1 in a million "real" girl. These girls are trying to sell you (and me) our dream girl.

What do you think will get a better response???

1) I'm a caring, gentle, romantic girl. Me of 28 years. I like to prepare tasty meals for my loved man. I like to keep a nice cozy home. I hope to meet kind man for serious relations and to make a happy family.
    2) I'm a 35 yo maybe trying to recover this week heroin junkie with two kids. I'll steal from you and lie my butt off to cover my tracks. I even taught my kids to lie for me! I need a man who will tolerate my crap for a while. (oh, this describes my X)
    more or less.
    and remember: women are women: from another country, perhaps, NOT another planet.
    This means that if you aren't in bed with a prom queen every saturday, or scored heaps of sex-toy women LOCALLY in your town, it is highly unlikely that is going to happen in the FSU.

quote:and remember: women are women: from another country, perhaps, NOT another planet.
    Are you really so sure about that?????????????[)]

Train returns

Rbrides dont seem to care now, I do report soom but the profiles remain.

Hey, I would honestly like to meet a nice girl from Ukraine, but I had a membership with RBrides, and realized what that site was about pretty quickly. When a 20yo girl wants to meet a 44yo man in Kyiv to have sex... well what can I say? Not just one, but several![]

The one in particular, Mariya or Mary, turned out to be a travel scammer. When I suggested meeting in Ukraine, she asked to meet in Kyiv although she supposedly lives in Chernovtsy.

She offered to find us a flat to stay in. I figured she would ask for money to hold the flat, so I told her I already found a great place. Then she needed airfare to get to Kyiv, but didn't know what airline she would use.

I told her it would be easy enough for me to book her flight the same time I booked mine and that her ticket would be waiting for her at the airport.

Then she needed a warm coat because it is soooooo cold! Frankly, since she was either wearing a g-string or naked in most of the pics she sent, I figured she could handle the cold, but I offered to take her shopping when we got to Kyiv. I told her I'd buy her a new coat, clothes, sexy panties or whatever else she wanted in Kyiv.

Well I guess she realized I wasn't about to send her any money because she stopped writing. Watch out guys, she is cute![:X]

She'll be getting a full color spread the next time I do a major update of my site!

Frankly, I think the profile database at RBrides is one of the biggest scammer databases a guy can find! It's almost as big as the one here! If you think you're writing to a scammer, check here. If you don't find her here, check RBrides![8D]

Train returns

"rbrides.com is infested with scammers."

I started cracking up reading this.. lol

The only really beneficial thing about RBrides is that they are so obvious. If you're writing to a girl and not sure if she's a scammer, just browes the RB ladies catalog. If you find her, that's darn near all the proof you need, especially when you find her pics that she "just had taken special for you", posted with a different name attached to them!

During my stint on RB, I wrote to no less than 30 girls. Not one turned out to be close to legitimate. In fact, I sort of(almost) recommend that all newbies to FSU/MOB dating should buy a membership to RB and write to as many girls as possible. Once she/he has revealed the scam (money request), go back and reread the previous letters and you will begin to see a pattern. Then you will no what to look for even before the money request comes. It could be useful in the future as you continue your FSU/MOB search on a "more" legitimate site.

Train returns

Go for it. Give her that money. You have met her as you mentioned a couple of times. She is working on the papers to come and be with you. If you don't give her that money she will just think that you are either a cheapskate or have a lack of trust in her. Speaking about the reason she does not want to tell about all this moving to America thing.....well, she is 54 y.o., she is a grown up, she has lived the whole life, so, I guess she lives by her own rules and there is nothing bad with it. She just probably does not want to curse it, or is a bit supersticious.

quote:Originally posted by Ohotnik

I was suckered by a woman on RBrides. I hate to admit my stupidity but I also met my fiancee on that site. Strange thing is that she never posted a profile on that site. She apprears on that site and another affiliated site. I have been to Russia twice staying with my fiancee both times. I have met some of her friends. She has not told all of her friends until recently about her plans. I only know what she tells me. She says she does not want to tell friends and co-workers until she has the interview. She says they would envy her. Does this sound right? She is my age 54, never married, and gorgeous. We have been in the K1 visa process since May and she has an interview in Moscow on 19 Jan 07. She asked me for money to help with expenses to Moscow. She has to be there 4 days to take a physical, wait for the results, and go to the interview. She asked for $200 which is resonable. I had offered to send her money several times before and she told me each time that she would let me know if she needed it. I am on this site to do research and make sure everything is right with us before I commit. I appreciate comments as I might not be thinking clearly all of the time.
    Cheers!

Go for it. Give her that money. You have met her as you mentioned a couple of times. She is working on the papers to come and be with you. If you don't give her that money she will just think that you are either a cheapskate or have a lack of trust in her. Speaking about the reason she does not want to tell about all this moving to America thing.....well, she is 54 y.o., she is a grown up, she has lived the whole life, so, I guess she lives by her own rules and there is nothing bad with it. She just probably does not want to curse it, or is a bit supersticious.

quote:Originally posted by Ohotnik

I was suckered by a woman on RBrides. I hate to admit my stupidity but I also met my fiancee on that site. Strange thing is that she never posted a profile on that site. She apprears on that site and another affiliated site. I have been to Russia twice staying with my fiancee both times. I have met some of her friends. She has not told all of her friends until recently about her plans. I only know what she tells me. She says she does not want to tell friends and co-workers until she has the interview. She says they would envy her. Does this sound right? She is my age 54, never married, and gorgeous. We have been in the K1 visa process since May and she has an interview in Moscow on 19 Jan 07. She asked me for money to help with expenses to Moscow. She has to be there 4 days to take a physical, wait for the results, and go to the interview. She asked for $200 which is resonable. I had offered to send her money several times before and she told me each time that she would let me know if she needed it. I am on this site to do research and make sure everything is right with us before I commit. I appreciate comments as I might not be thinking clearly all of the time.
    Cheers!