Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

quote: Honestly skipped, if a girl (especially a smokin' hottie) is on one of these sites for let's say a year, and hasn't found someone, there's more going on than her trying to find a suitible mate. Whether it's her, or the site, something is up.
    http://stop-scammers.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=558

There i documented how a sizable portion of profiles are ages old.
    How would a cutie sit on the shelves for 2, 3, 5+ years is beyond me...many profiles might very well be left behind and remotely controlled by translators; and IF a woman has been sitting on the shelves for years, then maybe she's making a living out of it.

http://stop-scammers.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=919

I stumbled across this interesting little thread earlier today. It's worth reading. Basically, it's one guy's story of how the girl he was writing to was very real, but the agency translator manipulated their correspondence. Check it out!

Train returns

scams, laws, international laws, this is all way beyond me! I guess you have to trust who you are doing business with until you get burned. I will say this however, it sounds like the agency will introduce you to the ladies you want to meet(assuming they want to meet you!). It sounds like in some cases they either have other guys they are meeting or they have you on their mass mailer list hoping for free gifts or whatever perks, payments, they might receive. Since supposedly only 1 out 50 writers ever even visits the Ukraine it might be a numbers game for them trying to find the right guy as well.
    I really don't like many issues here. Like the fact that I'm possibly getting scammed, do these girls even have any idea that I exist? The only positive is the fact that until I found the website (which a guy who was seeing a girl via CC told me about the website by the way)I did not know these gals even existed. A translator and introduction is a good way to get things started. But if the girl I thought was my long lost love via e-mails just does not feel the same way about me in person (or vice-versa), then I am going to be upset and feel like I have wasted much, much, time and many hard earned dollars? Probably a bit - But hey, that life! Definitely not always fair!!!!

You know, I have never been to Europe. But am excited about visiting a place with history well before Christ! An having a gal that I'm interested in, or even a good-looking scammer showing me around to all landmarks. How bad of a trip could it possibly be??? I'll learn about there culture, the gals at the agency, and be able to draw my own conclusion about this whole situation/organization. Positive attitude !!
    I don't think being uptight and making accusation during the duration of the trip is going to win any ladies hearts!!!
    Just a few thoughts

-by the way Peoples, Ham, Swede like the posts. They offer great insight, background, and differing thoughts/opinions. Thanks for the info-

Hey skipped! Like you, I've never been to Europe either, and have never had a reason to do so until recently. My first trip comes Feb 29th. I leave on the 28th, but we lose a day flying east.

Yeah, it's a risk all the way! The negative possibilities are almost endless. My sentiments are similar to yours in that regardless of the outcome of my meeting with my Ukrainian love, I have never taken such a trip and plan to make the best of whatever life throws at me. If nothing else, I can say that I am the first person in my family to travel to Europe as a civilian in about 40 years!

Facing the realization that you may be writing to and planning to meet with a scammer, gold-digger or worse, a non-existent character certainly isn't what any of us are hoping for, but we do need to face the fact that it is a possibility. Excepting this will hopefully take the sting out if it's the case, and make the trip that much more enjoyable should this FSU goddess turn out to be the real deal and be madly in love with you!!!

So, do you have a trip planned yet? Or still working on it? By the way, if things don't work out with your particular FSUW, I hear it's not impossible to actually meet a real girl once you've gotten there? Understand that I'm not talking about the "sex tourist" crap because I have less respect for those types than I do for the scammers, but actually meeting someone.

Train returns

Well I told mine it wasn't working out and I think it makes no sense to continue our correspondence. Here's her reply:

-----------
    THIS LETTER WAS TRANSLATED BY TAMARA D, FOR NADEZHDA N.

Yes, Bruno, I think we are different!

Nadja
    -----------

Does this look like a scam? Nah!
    I think she agrees that we don't match, she wouldn't do this if she was paid to talk to me.

So my UA story got to a conclusion finally.

quoteoes this look like a scam? Nah!
    I think she agrees that we don't match, she wouldn't do this if she was paid to talk to me.
    Could be a scammer or a real girl who simply decided that to persue relations with you was more effort than it was worth???

Train returns

whether real or -most likely- a ringer or a fake, the person behind the profile is likely to be corresponding with MANY men at once. One failed to get on hook properly, so why bother? It's a game of big numbers where faceless men are scrutinized and -like marrons glaces - you dispose of many to find just one that will buy.

Actually it was me who decided, I told her I had no interest in continuing correspondence with her. She just said OK. Simple enough even though I got unlimited mails to her up to 26 January.

I don't think she has MANY men who have unlimited mails to her for 2 months and that would mean 75 USD income per month which is nearly the minimum monthly wages in Ukraine. So I don't think she would give that up easilly if she was making money out of it. And be serious I don't think she would have more than a handful of man who she corresponds with personally. Her letters were personal not generic so she did take time to answer me. And she didn't write short letters also!

I just said I wish you luck in finding your men! She's beautiful so all she has to do is to come to Europe for a week, she'll easilly find a guy who'll fall for it and earns enough to sustain her.
    But for my evaluation I think this is a spoiled girl so she won't go for just any guy and has expensive tastes.
    I knew she wasnt the girl for me when I sent her the photo of my cat and she failed to comment and latter on gave a very short totally uninterested comment... that was it! If she doesn't like my cat, she doesn't like me! lolol (I'm joking!)

BTW my cat yesterday went crazy and started growling at me when I got home then she got really aggressive wanting to bite and scratch when I approached. Her meowing was really wild, it was the first time I saw her like this.. so .. berserk! She scratched so hard her nails bled, was really psycho-kitten!
    Well I did what any macho-owner would do and put her in her place. After like half an hour of showing her who's da boss, she was tired and go more quiet, went to rest. After half an hour more I went to pet her and she licked my fingers...
    Strange episode of ravagenous fury and then back to normal. From what I read if a cat manages to get rid of us by behaving aggreessive, he will be more likely to keep doing it if it works as he wanted. So I react the oppposite, whenever she acts aggressive I make sure she knows who's da boss and "ya aint scaring anyone with dat". I think she was pissed her tactic didn't work out but seems to be back to the old same tamed kitten. It was fun anyway! I even gave her a bath so you can imagine how you can grab a furious berserk cat and give him a bath. It was total destruction and she crapped the whole bathroom! :P
    She was all dirty cuz she crapped herself.. thats why she got a bath! hehe

Gonna put her in the psycho-cat online therapy group this week.
    Stop-Psycho-Cats.com

:P

You really have some endearing pedagogical methods.

quote:who's da boss and "ya aint scaring anyone with dat".
    detective, is this you?
    [8D]