Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

quote:Originally posted by helskar

Does anybody actually knows the charged cost for time spent in Local "Internet of Cafe" in Ukraine...??? Into US$ Many thank
    quote:Originally posted by neoflight

Thank-you helskar!!!

Black Holes and Revelations....
    I do not know where in Ukraine you are going but I found in Odessa quite a few restaurants and bars that had wi-fi. My laptops has a builtin wireless connection and had no problem getting connected. The few internet cafes found seemed expensive $5US per hour.
    michaelhile

quote:Originally posted by wwsmith

Hi all, new to the forum so forgive any errors.

hairbag30, I have also been exchanging mail with Anna T #7586. We've been in contact since sometime in August 2006. I've also been talking with Nadezhda A #1875 (Kharkov), who recently told me that I am the only one she is writing too, but yet she remains at the top of the top 100. Looks like I'm unlucky twice.

s-
    Hey there wwwsmith! What a surprise that Anna T. started corresponding to you when I was planning to visit in August, I guess I can thank my job for not giving me the time off because we were short staffed in controolers! I have been writing to Anna since May 14th 2006 at CC and originally contacted her on another web site at the end of April! I am glad to see we are helping her through Med School and her trips to Fedosia and the Carpathian Mts. She is very good though, always answers my questions and thanks me the very next letter for the flowers or the fruit! Here is a copy of the last letter she sent:
    To:##### *. #****06
    Date:09 January 2007 08:30:58

Subject: Hope to hear from you soon!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TRANSLATED FOR ANNA

Hello honey!!!!!

It it is me again, writing you and sending all my tenderness and my sweet thoughts to you!

Have you missed me?

What were you doing during the weekend?

As I have already told you last weekend was a very special one here in Russian and in Ukraine. We were celebrating the bigest religious holiday of the year - Christmas!

You know, yesterday I have been thinking a lot about one starnge fact: why do we celebrate Christmas on the 7th of January and not on the 25th of December? This is what I cannot really understand, because in other Christian Orthodox countries, like in Greece for example, they celebrate Christmas on the 25th of December.

Do you happen to know why we have such a difference?

Of course it does not really matter when to celebrate some holiday it is more important how to celebrate it! Our family celebration has been just a fascinating one. We made a delisious dinner and my sister's God parents shared a dinner with us. They brought many presents for my sister and even for me They are very nice people and I always enjpy communicating with them.

So we had a nice time in a family circle and after a dinner we went for a walk in the city centre. I have enjoyed this day so much!!!!!

On Sunday we went to Evpatoria with some friends of mine. The weather was not really good, it was very cloudy and windy but still we decided to go to the seaside. We thought that it will be easier to go to Evpatoria, it is about 40 minutes drive from Simferopol along a very nice and straight road. We went there by the car which was driving a friend of mine ( I think I have already told you about her). If you remember her father gave her a car as a Birthday present but she is still not really good at driving, that is why we chose to go to Evpatoria instead of Yalta or some other city on the Southern coast of the Crimea. The thing is that roads to the Southern coast are very meandering and can be difficult to drive even for experienced drivers.

So we prefered not to take a risk and went to Evepatoria. There were four of us, three girls and a boy from my University group. We had a lot of fun going to Evpatoria, we laughed all the way long.

The funniest thing was that when we went to Evpatoria she was driving very safely , with only 60km speed, but on our way back she felt more sure of herself and we were going 100km per hour

We have spent only a few hours in Evpatoria. We went to the seaside first, but it was very stormy and windy and so after a few minutes we decided to have a cup of coffee in the nearest bar. That was the end of our short excursion because when we were in the bar it started rainning outside and after spending about an hour drinking coffee we decided to go back to Simferopol.

We were afraid that it would be difficult to drive because of the rain, but when we came out of town it has suddenly stopped rainning and the road was dry.

I really enjoyed that trip to evpatoria, even though it was a short one we had a plenty of positive emotions and lots of funn!

Today I have a day off and I do not need to do anything. That is why I decided to go to the agency and to write this letter to you. I will probably just go for a walk around the city and maybe will meet some of my friend later. What about you? What are your plans for today?

That seems to be all for now! I miss you so much!!! I hope to hear from you soon!

Kisses,

Anna

I have found the last couple of letters more generic and now my name is not even mentioned! When I started to write to her at CC because she lost her friend to translate and I stupidly said; "That's FINE" and even commented that she was #9 in the top 100 at the end of May!
    She is now #52 after dropping to between 21 and 27 for the last 4 months! I have e-mail credits left and will have a little fun! Maybe I will tell her that the other guy she is corresponding with is such a nice guy and better than me that she should only write to him! She will probably be scrambling to figure out who I could possible be talking about! I will sleep on it and make up my mind tomorrow!
    As for Nadezhda (#1875) Kharkov I read her letter and never answered it if I can find where I copied it I send that to, she just seemed to fishy! Avoided her and got hooked by Anna! Her letter is gone but it was sent while I was on vacation in Oct. 2006. May she is only writing to you[B)], would not counton it though!
    You were unlucky twice it looks like I am OH for 4, I just saw Julia (1275) Kharkov has joind the list as well!!
    Good luk and if you want any more letters from Anna, just ask!
    Hairbag30

quote:Originally posted by Kevin

Just went trough my old email CC sends when you get a letter or have not responded to one for a while. I notice that I have gotten alot of their surnames included in the email they sent to me. A few that I will post # of girl that a few people write about on here. They are 1275, 1875, 1586, I have 36 of them in all plus the girl I have been writing to. I can post # of girl here or you can contact me if yo would like to know if I have your girl. You can email me if you don't want me to post it here. My email is SHEA@softhome.net
    Thank for the Julia (#1275) post, even though she is not in the top 100 anymore she keeps in touch from her sick grandmothers home in a town 2 hrs out side Kharkov by calling CC now ual from a neighbors house! Sent me picture of her from the Crimea and at "work"! Left in August for up to 3 months to care for grandma! Maybe she was getting her visits from her many correspondents?[)]
    Will send you an e-mail for the list to see if anymore turn up!
    Thanks for the post!
    hairbag30

When I was over there a year and a half ago it was about 2 hvna to 5 hvna and hour depending on the cafe (at the current exchange rate about 40 cents US to $1.00 US) this could be slightly more now!

quote:Originally posted by helskar

Does anybody actually knows the charged cost for time spent in Local "Internet of Cafe" in Ukraine...??? Into US$ Many thank
    quote:Originally posted by neoflight

Thank-you helskar!!!

Black Holes and Revelations....

Hi everyone

Well, I have not posted recently because I've lost interest in UAL since Valentina left. She was the only one I was feeling serious about anyway. Support would not give me her personal information, and she has not emailed me yet, so I guess it really over! LOL!

So, if we are all here talking about CC/UAL, then we all probably were looking for something when we went to CC in the first place, right? Perhaps we should finish with our bashing of the past (except for law suits and gathering facts for them), and start thinking about some legitimate and more effective ways of getting what we were looking for in the first place (a partner).

I know the purpose of this site is to stop scammers, but perhaps helping each other get over being scamed and moving on to success would qualify? Any ideas?

Dave

David A Desautel

Are there some one here communicated with Elena R? I notised some in the CC thread, but they only got very generic letters.

David, I agree with you. We did join CC with a purpose in mind. We should not give up on that because of CC/UAL. Perhaps we can all find an honest site to continue the search.

Has anybody found such a site? If so, would you share with us this site. Does such a site exist?

BSS

I think we all remember why we started writing gals at CC. The problem for me is I don't trust anyone now and wonder if most, if not all, "Agencies" scam to some degree. I even used anastasiaweb on and off for a year or so, and this agency has red flags all over it too, according to the anti-scam forums on the internet.

So, even if some agency is "honest", the women may be golddiggers, green card diggers, or just not serious period. I am about ready to give up my pipe dream, but I wish others of you the best of luck finding a REAL Ukrainian or Russian wife.

Guys,
    I haven't really posted in quite awhile. I check in every couple of days to check out the DRAMA, but thought it was finally time to say something. I hope I don't offend anyone.
    Having started this journey almost 2 years ago, my first experience almost ended ended in disaster. I may have been out at least the cost of one plane ticket. After following some basic, common sense concepts, I was not too surprised to find out all that was going on with CC/UA. I started writing to Valenitina last August(and yes I fell right into the idea of a younger lady who seemed interested only in me, good for the ego, good for the pride) and within 2-3 letters was asked to pay for English Lesson. Big red flag!!!!then over the next few months I lost count of the flags.I only paid for 1-5 emails at a time. I only paid for pictures I asked for.
    Thankfully I did not burn any bridges with a couple of Ladies I have been writing to In Odessa. After a couple of letters I was given phone numbers, physical address, pictures that taken naturally and not in an agency. And no extra charge for pictures I received or send!!!These ladys have real jobs and real lives. NO duplicate letters and they always answer any questions I have. they may write to other guys, but I do not know. I have had no reason to ask. Besides, I do not want to be accused of hypocrisy or double standards
    I would suggest to any of you guys who are really serious about finding a Ukrainian bride is go there. Do not use an agency trip packages, book it yourself. Try to learn the language, customs and traditions. A true honest Ukrainian womman is steeped in tradtion. Church, family morals and ideals are almost genetic.Understand that till 1991 and independence most of the Ukraine was predominantly a matriarchal society. The women ran the show! For the past decade or so they have had to suffer a lot of abuse. Physical, psychological, sexual and spiritual. Alcoholism and drug addiction is almost epidemic. AND GET REAL GUYS. Although there are cases of some guys finding women 15,20,and even 25 years younger the success rates of staying together are miniscule.
    Good luck to all of you. I will not give up on this journey. It is because of their traditions and moral fiber that I have chosen this way. As most of you know a lot of the women here in the US do not have a clue what family is really about. It is more about what kind of car you have, where you work, where you live and what kind of house, how much money, etc. etc. etc.
    In todays age of instant gratification, the internet and all of us gullible, almost stupid, big ego guys, Who was it who said "THERE IS A SUCKER BORN EVERY MINUTE" Seems to me a lot of suckers ended up here and the previous pages and all 12 of the last forum.
    michaelhile

Hi Michael

The problem is that there is most likely a need in the Ukraine for a way that women can be introduced to men from other countries, and there is certainly a demand for such a service here as well.

A legitimate service could indeed make a decent profit, yet you think there are none? If you are right, that is truely sad.

What about Asian women, and services to meet them? Anyone know of a good one? My first wife was Japanese-American, and I've always had a soft spot for them as well. They also have a long tradition (if a somewhat sunserviant one).

Dave

quote:Originally posted by michaelhile

Guys,
    I haven't really posted in quite awhile. I check in every couple of days to check out the DRAMA, but thought it was finally time to say something. I hope I don't offend anyone.
    Having started this journey almost 2 years ago, my first experience almost ended ended in disaster. I may have been out at least the cost of one plane ticket. After following some basic, common sense concepts, I was not too surprised to find out all that was going on with CC/UA. I started writing to Valenitina last August(and yes I fell right into the idea of a younger lady who seemed interested only in me, good for the ego, good for the pride) and within 2-3 letters was asked to pay for English Lesson. Big red flag!!!!then over the next few months I lost count of the flags.I only paid for 1-5 emails at a time. I only paid for pictures I asked for.
    Thankfully I did not burn any bridges with a couple of Ladies I have been writing to In Odessa. After a couple of letters I was given phone numbers, physical address, pictures that taken naturally and not in an agency. And no extra charge for pictures I received or send!!!These ladys have real jobs and real lives. NO duplicate letters and they always answer any questions I have. they may write to other guys, but I do not know. I have had no reason to ask. Besides, I do not want to be accused of hypocrisy or double standards
    I would suggest to any of you guys who are really serious about finding a Ukrainian bride is go there. Do not use an agency trip packages, book it yourself. Try to learn the language, customs and traditions. A true honest Ukrainian womman is steeped in tradtion. Church, family morals and ideals are almost genetic.Understand that till 1991 and independence most of the Ukraine was predominantly a matriarchal society. The women ran the show! For the past decade or so they have had to suffer a lot of abuse. Physical, psychological, sexual and spiritual. Alcoholism and drug addiction is almost epidemic. AND GET REAL GUYS. Although there are cases of some guys finding women 15,20,and even 25 years younger the success rates of staying together are miniscule.
    Good luck to all of you. I will not give up on this journey. It is because of their traditions and moral fiber that I have chosen this way. As most of you know a lot of the women here in the US do not have a clue what family is really about. It is more about what kind of car you have, where you work, where you live and what kind of house, how much money, etc. etc. etc.
    In todays age of instant gratification, the internet and all of us gullible, almost stupid, big ego guys, Who was it who said "THERE IS A SUCKER BORN EVERY MINUTE" Seems to me a lot of suckers ended up here and the previous pages and all 12 of the last forum.
    michaelhile
    David A Desautel