Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

The evolution of sexually transmitted infections in the Ukraine
    G I Mavrov and G M Bondarenko
    Institute of Dermatology and Venereology Academy of Medical Science of Ukraine, Kharkiv, Ukraine

The process of economic and political reforms in Ukraine has made the problem of sexually transmitted diseases more acute. The sexual revolution which took place in western countries in the 1960s reached Ukraine after the collapse of the Soviet Union. People's ideas as to what is permitted in their sexual life and what is not have changed very quickly, lagging far behind the attitude to venereal diseases. Such emotions as shame, fear, fastidiousness, and blame prevail when people think of venereal diseases. Narrow views of this kind are, unfortunately, typical of some doctors in Ukraine. Efforts are required to facilitate education, condom use, and prevention of drug addiction. Unfortunately, the scale of these measures is insufficient. Control of STIs presupposes common efforts of various state institutions because it includes not only medical, but also legal aspects. For the past 10?15 years the epidemiology of STIs has considerably changed in Ukraine. This is may be connected with the following tendencies:
    • A quantitative increase in the core (high risk) groups: prostitutes, drug addicts, tramps, vagrants, and refugees.
    • The aetiology of the main syndromes of STDs has changed. For example, urethritis and endocervicitis are mainly caused by chlamydia, and not by gonococci as was the case in the 1970s.
    • The spectrum of complications after STDs has substantially broadened (sterility, miscarriages, ectopic pregnancy, neonatal illnesses, reactive arthritis, neurological complications).
    • Sensitivity of infecting agents of bacterial and viral aetiology to antibiotics has decreased. Treatments that were considered to be effective not long ago are quickly becoming outdated.

Hell Prometheus, I'm not a sex party animal....it's just what else is one to do at night whilst traveling or working abroad? I could sit around and shoot the sheeet and get drunk with a bunch of Quebecois drillers or I can find me some company!!!

I urge everyone to use condoms, never mind what Bush says, or whether you like them or not.

True, many of those babes over there won't do much in bed because they're just used to having a boyfriend or husband (typically drunk) have their way with them and are trying to get it over fast without getting too much vodka slobber on their make-up. So it might be hard to get too excited about using condoms, but then have her use other means. But if you are gonna poke her, and you haven't paid for her blood test, USE ONE!!

Remember also that several generations often live together so they tend to be fairly restrained because they don't want their mother, grandmother, and little sister to hear them moan.

When you're in an area for several weeks or more, pay for your girlfriend to go to the clinic for birth control. They'll check her blood at that time for STD & HIV. That way you can escape the condom if you know they're only doing you. In the former USSR many chicks do not use birth control, and conswquently abortions are very very common, so if you pay likely she'll go.

your pal
    -the doc-

quote:[*] A quantitative increase in the core (high risk) groups: prostitutes, drug addicts, tramps, vagrants, and refugees.
    [*] The aetiology of the main syndromes of STDs has changed. For example, urethritis and endocervicitis are mainly caused by chlamydia, and not by gonococci as was the case in the 1970s.
    [*] The spectrum of complications after STDs has substantially broadened (sterility, miscarriages, ectopic pregnancy, neonatal illnesses, reactive arthritis, neurological complications).
    [*] Sensitivity of infecting agents of bacterial and viral aetiology to antibiotics has decreased. Treatments that were considered to be effective not long ago are quickly becoming outdated.

this might be true in the west, too.
    the problem is...
    WATCH OUT WHOM YOU GO WITH
    I am in favor of relocation (instead of fortnight crusades ) and that is a reason, too.
    If you land there from 8000km away and try to chat women up, you are more likely to do so in bars or other such places.
    If you don't know russian, you'll be mostly tied with the worn out pool of those who can (as bad as they do) speak your language; in fact russian isn't like spanish and italian, when you can understand even if you don't know the other's language.
    I don't have to be a genius to guess that this pool of girls who hang out waiting for a western man to snap his fingers, and who know his language, however superficially, have been in bed with so many men, hence increased STD risk.
    Condoms are good but they aren't a 100% safety suit.
    I had a friend who went there alone.
    He is your "headache gray" kind of man (no looks, no wealth, no gab, no big job ), with a very minor walking disability and he is weird ( i mean he can suddenly flare up and get excited over nothing ).
    The women he had written to stood him up or he discarded them, so guess what?
    He ended up in bed with BOTH interpreters he had hired to visit 2 different cities.
    I don't doubt his word as he was no bragging kind of person.
    Is he the first...the last...hmmm i think rather mr. n+1.
    Only extended stays allow one to "know the rules of the game" and to frame people correctly.
    Going there & ending in bed with the first comer is worse than doing so in your back yard...and in the back yard you spare travelling & accomodation.
    Plus i am kind of diffident person.
    There are stories of westerners who went there, chatted some girl up in a bar or else, brought her to THEIR apartment, then she said something like "let's order a pizza" or whatever; or someone might have followed them.
    Next, Barney from Oklahoma is mugged by fat Boris showing up at his door.

I see the Brazilian site has been closed for maintenance for a couple of days.I cannot access my photos for 2 days at the Ukrainian site what is happening ?

gtearne

quote:Originally posted by GMAN

I cannot access my photos for 2 days at the Ukrainian site what is happening ?

gtearne
    The same goes for me. But for me its not a big problem as I will not insert any more pic or buy anything further on. How would that be possible after all whats happening.
    I think any kind of clever man must find this forum after starting a correspondance on UAL.
    So, how will the ladies receive letters in the future from guys, who are only a bit careful?

Hey Guys, Read my post in this forum captioned "MY RUSSIAN SWEETPIE UPDATE"...My Russian "sweetpie" just dumped me!!.....LOL.....[]

PUT YOUR HANDS TOGETHER FOR FRANK N BEANS!

Frank is the mythical 63 year old ualadys client, whose profile reads... "this is a test. Do not contact me unless you are a scam artist."

Who best fits that description on Groundhog Day? Why the 26 year old hottie, Nadezhda A. #1875, of course! She digs men who are 37 years her senior, and has the bikini photos online to prove it! It is awfully cold in Kharkov, but Nadezhda is warm thinking about Frank's wrinkly grandpa balls! Here's her pitch to the mythical man born before the D-Day Invasion in WWII.

THIS LETTER WAS TRANSLATED FOR NADEZHDA

Hello, dear Frank J!

To find the right one, the only one for you,
    you have to search and search...
    but you will never be through.
    You have to go through lots of paths,
    but only the right path will do.
    You have to go down many streets,
    but there?s not many to go to.
    You will dream many dreams,
    but only one will come true.
    You will love many people,
    but will they love you?
    You have to find the right one,
    but until you do, just remember...
    there?s only one that?s meant for you....

AND MAYBE IT`S ME....

I'm waiting for your letter...

My beat regards,

Nadezhda

Nadezhda is so good looking, she doesn't have to write in complete sentences, or even comprehensible prose; she just scats while men suffer cardiac arrythmia and frantically give their credit card numbers for unlimited correspondence credits!

Dublin, I pulled NYS rap sheets on the "new owners." Came back positive for a 2nd degree murder conviction in the 80's. Parole completed. Be careful.

Prometheus!
    Maybe you have not read whats on the 1st Page on UAL`s website?
    Its told how Ukrainian ladies look upon agedifference. So, I guess if we are younger than 45, we shouldnt even care about Ukrainian young ladies.

Here is what`s written:
    "Ukrainian women get serious and mature earlier than women in the West - their life is harder, they have to start working at early age, and often a girl of 18-19 studies and works at the same time to pay for her studies and living. Ukrainian women are more interested in you as a person than they are your age and appearance! They look for the most important qualities such as honesty, reliability and sincerity. Give them that and you will be generously rewarded!

We wish you to find here the lady of your dreams and to be the one she was dreaming about and nothing matters when two loving hearts find each other."

I mean, dont they look really serious? Maybe even FRANK N BEANS has a big chance. Why begrudge him all the good?

quote:Originally posted by Prometheus

PUT YOUR HANDS TOGETHER FOR FRANK N BEANS!

Frank is the mythical 63 year old ualadys client, whose profile reads... "this is a test. Do not contact me unless you are a scam artist."

Who best fits that description on Groundhog Day? Why the 26 year old hottie, Nadezhda A. #1875, of course! She digs men who are 37 years her senior, and has the bikini photos online to prove it! It is awfully cold in Kharkov, but Nadezhda is warm thinking about Frank's wrinkly grandpa balls! Here's her pitch to the mythical man born before the D-Day Invasion in WWII.

THIS LETTER WAS TRANSLATED FOR NADEZHDA

Hello, dear Frank J!

To find the right one, the only one for you,
    you have to search and search...
    but you will never be through.
    You have to go through lots of paths,
    but only the right path will do.
    You have to go down many streets,
    but there?s not many to go to.
    You will dream many dreams,
    but only one will come true.
    You will love many people,
    but will they love you?
    You have to find the right one,
    but until you do, just remember...
    there?s only one that?s meant for you....

AND MAYBE IT`S ME....

I'm waiting for your letter...

My beat regards,

Nadezhda

Nadezhda is so good looking, she doesn't have to write in complete sentences, or even comprehensible prose; she just scats while men suffer cardiac arrythmia and frantically give their credit card numbers for unlimited correspondence credits!

quote:Ukrainian women are more interested in you as a person than they are your age and appearance! They look for the most important qualities
    like what...?
    It's not looks; it's not age, race, location or background... a 65yo mexican truck driver from Tocula is the same as a 48yo chinese optometrist from Taipei; what is it?
    Considering (as advertised) they work 3 jobs to make ends meet, it has to be your wallet...