Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

quote:I'll be glad to try to straighten some question marks for you.
    hey...since they appear to have lots of professional models on their site, can you arrange a meeting with Milla Jovovich for me? But hey! Remember! I am a old fashioned gent & expect high morals, cooking & knitting as main hobbies...since Milla played Saint Joan of Arc ( what an affront! ), reading the bible shouldn't cause problems, right?
    [)][)]

[quote]quote:Originally posted by ham

hey...since they appear to have lots of professional models on their site, can you arrange a meeting with Milla Jovovich for me? But hey! Remember! I am a old fashioned gent & expect high morals, cooking & knitting as main hobbies...since Milla played Saint Joan of Arc ( what an affront! ), reading the bible shouldn't cause problems, right?
    [)][)]

Outta your league ham.

... so why doesn't some legal entity follow up and sue these fraudulent people or would it be those fleeced that would have to file a class action suit?

[quote]quote:Originally posted by Prometheus

quote:Originally posted by ham

Hi Prometeus,

I challenged my sweety Elena L. Id:2679 about she write a letter to M. Haney and she said there is nothing wrong to write to another man and trying to be acquainted, even that we are engage, because I didn't write to her often... They don't have the same meanning about faithfullness in Ukraine... Anyway, she is not my sweety anymore... She said that the profile to M. Haney is written in english, so she don't understand what is written into the profile of M. Haney... Elena is a good girl but she is badly influenced by her agency in Kherson. Their goal is not to match man and woman but to gain more money by many means.

I admit to create the profile of M. Haney is a very good idea to show about behavior of some ladies. Very interesting [}]
    In few words, you did a good job
    Morgoth

[)][)]

Outta your league ham.

quote:Originally posted by dreamsr

... so why doesn't some legal entity follow up and sue these fraudulent people or would it be those fleeced that would have to file a class action suit?
    well, oftentimes fraudulent agencies solve the problem with phone book sized disclaimers and fine print, which everyone must agree with in order to enroll.
    Of course, since they accept web or mail-in profiles, how can they possibly verify each & every of them?
    They just have no way to know who is who and who does what.
    Then, most merely act as storefront for local FSU agencies, so "it's the other guy five time zones away who's in charge of due diligence".
    Last, they post some "don't send money! Beware of frauds" banner, so it's really up to you.
    And if you can "prove" or "sufficiently substantiate" your claim that profile #11223344 is a scammer, then they'll gladly remove it; ah, by the way they need AT LEAST n complaints...you know, these angry losers blacklisting cinderellas out of whim. So perhaps the profile will never be removed, and all they have to tell you is that they're waiting for the next complaint to move forward...how would you know, anyways?
    I was aware of a federal lawsuit involving Yahoo and Match.com posted by reuters NOV 18, 2005

quote:Match.com, a unit of IAC/Interactive Corp. (IACI.O: Quote, Profile, Research), is accused in a federal lawsuit of goading members into renewing their subscriptions through bogus romantic e-mails sent out by company employees. In some instances, the suit contends, people on the Match payroll even went on sham dates with subscribers as a marketing ploy.

In a separate suit, Yahoo Inc.'s (YHOO.O: Quote, Profile, Research) personals service is accused of posting profiles of fictitious potential dating partners on its Web site to make it look as though many more singles subscribe to the service than actually do.
    i never heard of it ever since.
    Actually, one big junk dating provider put small print disclaiming that all those glamorous model pics (presented as Barbie & Ken dolls next door waiting for your messages ) were "only to put visitors in the mood and in no way represented real subscribers to the service" or whatever.

Is noone getting letters from our old friend Valyusha B. anymore?
    I did get a letter again here through UAL a while ago, after we finished writing in January when the CC going down.
    She is obviously still on the site as her profile is there. Wonder who she is telling sweet words and philosofies this time. She did it in 200 letters to me : )
    Would be great to know if she is still active. I mean a girl with that look should easily have met her forever friend already. There must be someone visiting Zithomir here.
    // uljoh

ps Im going to Russia btw tomorrow 12 july. Staying there until tuesday nex week.

Hey, Uljoh I'm going to Zhitomir, leaving 12 July

Uljoh you mean to tell me you wrote 200 letters to this girl? You never had that gut feeling that something wasn't quite right?

In Uljoh's defense, I will admit to a similar long and costly correspondence with Lyudmila S. #4001. I broke it off twice, and each time she would contact me again to reel me in. We discussed marriage, immigration, even adoption of each other's children. Still there was something that did not "feel" right. Every plan to actually meet had immediate problems raised. Occasional letters could only be described as a "form" response. Reactions to gifts, or lack thereof, did not ring true. I broke it off for a third and final time last November, but did not feel certain in my decision until discovering this forum. Ironically, it was the CC website going down in January that brought the victims out of the woodwork. Now anyone with Google has a fair chance of learning the truth.

Lyudmila S. #4001 is no longer on the UAL/CC website. The fraud continues unabated.

Ok Prometheus, I hear you. Like you after discovering this forum I haven't had the inclintion to write to my lovely friend Natali but lo and behold I got a mail yesterday from her. It said that she wonders why she hasn't heard for me so long; has something happened to me?

I'm still thinking of a "perfect" reponse to send to her. Any ideas gents?