Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Hey ham!
    quote:--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I have also been informed that it's apparently a "tradition" that a Russian girl will visit her beloved's family first, even if that mean flying 5,000 miles to a strange country. Has anyone ever heard of this "tradition"?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    quote:hahaha!
    Yea, I already know! I'm glad you got a laugh out of it too!!!
    quote:FSU people are mostly atheist (it makes sense ).
    Actually, I heard quite differently. I heard that many FSU people were "closet christians" because religion was outlawed in the Soviet Union. Now they are able to thump the bible with Billy Gramham and Oral Roberts just like Americans do!

Of course, there are also many who ARE atheist, but that is now by their own choice.
    quote:However, I don't know how much these unconventional denominations might suit YOUR needs or fit within YOUR preexisting religious affiliation.
    Trust me, I'm not planning on converting just to please a woman.

By the way, I was talking about MY form letters and recycling before... FUN FACT: 5 of the girls are named Olga!!! I haven't changed in years. I was with 4 or 5 American girls in the past, all named Jennifer! It really does make life soooooooooo much easier that way!

Train returns

Just a few hours after telling her it would not be good for her to come here first, I receive a letter from "Olga #1" followe by a letter from "a travel agency" with all the prices and the person to send my WU payment to.....

Dear Sir Bob.

You are disturbed by the manager of travel agency Natalia Adushkina.

Due to the request of Ms.Olga Vedernikova we send you the information about
    the tour from Russia to USA.

The full package of documents will be made out 12-14 days.

Foreign passport - 97 Euros
    Tourist visa for a month, one entry - 141 Euros
    Medical card - 40 Euros
    Turn tickets - 603 Euros

TOTAL: 881 Euros

PAYMENT INFO:

You can make payment through fast and safe system
    of remittances " Western Union " or " Money Gram " and here my full data
    for payment of documents:

NAME: NATALIA
    SURNAME: ADUSHKINA
    CITY: SERNUR
    ADDRESS: PETROVA STREET, 36

For reception of payment your full name and a surname and also your
    full home address is required
    to me and also after transfer of money in bank to you will inform
    confidential number MTCN (Money Transfer Control Number) and it also
    is required to me for reception of money.

I shall wait from you payment up to November, 1 (Thursday) 2007.

I can offer for Ms. Olga Vedernikova the best
    air flight for November, 12, 2007.

With best regards.

Travel Agency " T R A V E L M A S T E R? "

Russia, Sernur, Petrova street, 36

Official site: www.travel-master.narod.ru

E-mail: travel-master@mail.ru

Believe it or not, the website actually exists and the e-mail address is the one posted on the site. The site is in Russian of course!!![8]

I think I'l send that 803 euros pronto!!!!![)]

Train returns

quote:I heard that many FSU people were "closet christians" because religion was outlawed in the Soviet Union. Now they are able to thump the bible with Billy Gramham and Oral Roberts just like Americans do!
    Right..."WERE".
    I'm not saying there were/are not devoutly religious FSU people, but as said, which man would join a Mormon or Amish community to chase women?
    1 in a million?
    However it is 2007 now.
    About a 20-25yo girl born in 1982-7 we can safely say she never made the experience of the USSR, an experience which changed their life, the USSR lifestyle.
    Perhaps if you are chasing 50yo+ ladies, THEN (only then) you might (just might) meet closeted christians from the full-blown USSR days which, by the way, reeled with the death of Brezhnev and withered under very old/impaired and short-lived bureaucrats Andropov and Chernenko.
    But most men are chasing girls in their teens, or max early 30s ( a minority).

This whole hoax about religion is another ploy masterminded by agencies & middlemen...FSUWs love to cook, are unspoilt nurturers, non-materialistic, sexual yet very domestic, love to do house chores as opposed to mundane activities...
    Ask any man who knows the game about it.
    Well, it might -just might- be true of some people; but it might be true of some WESTERN people, especially very religious/conservative-survivalist people.
    I was once browsing a US "christian" women forum of a strict denomination and was surprised to read (at face value) how young on average women claimed to be; and how many claimed they had married their highschool sweetheart or even childhood sweetheart.
    If a girl met her BF at 15, married at 20, and belongs to a strict denomination, then maybe she hasn't laid the entire fire brigade, soccer league and so on.
    The vastest majority of them claimed they are very religious, and their husbands as well.
    Short: i doubt those women are posing in sexually alluring pictures over the internet.

Hey ham! I don't think I have ever dissagreed with you on anything you've ever posted before, but.......
    quote:About a 20-25yo girl born in 1982-7 we can safely say she never made the experience of the USSR, an experience which changed their life, the USSR lifestyle.
    From what I understand, the girls of this age group actually respect their parents. Granted, a pleasant left over of the old USSR, and something almost unknown to western parents. Their parents were the closet christians of "the old days". It can be reasoned that they raised their kids with their beliefs.(or at least tried to as most parents do)[:0]
    quote:Perhaps if you are chasing 50yo+ ladies,
    Three words... NOT GONNA HAPPEN. Although, I should never say never...Maybe when I'm 70 something the 50 yos will start looking pretty good, but with my lifestyle, tomorrow is a blessing! 70 is a dream![8D]
    quote:This whole hoax about religion is another ploy masterminded by agencies & middlemen...FSUWs love to cook, are unspoilt nurturers, non-materialistic, sexual yet very domestic, love to do house chores as opposed to mundane activities...[]
    Sure, a lot of the bullsh!t is coaxed by the agencies. Again, I don't disbelieve that their are "real" girls out there who were raised in good homes. It again seems you suggest that ALL FSU's are scammers or dirty little wh@res, raised without any morals. I thought it was the belief that such "mundane" girls still exist that draws guys like you and me to FSU's???[:I]

Seriously, are there no girls in Italy between the ages of 20 -25 who were raised in good homes? Big guy, there are good ones and turds floating in the bowl in every country. It's supply and demand. Guys like us hope to find the "good" ones. We stir the pot and bring the turds floating!
    quote:If a girl met her BF at 15, married at 20, and belongs to a strict denomination, then maybe she hasn't laid the entire fire brigade, soccer league and so on.
    Again, you seem to suggest that every girl in the FSU past a certain age CAN'T be legitimate. Do you really believe this?[?]

I'm far from a bible thumper, but I don't care if others are. I belong to "The Church of Whatever Gets You Through the Night" Basically, if you need Oral Roberts to get out of bed and face the day... so be it. If you say God is dead or never was... fine... Or anything in between. Just be a good person.[}]

Finally, you have to realize I was kidding with Prometheus about hanging outside the Ukrainian church.. ALTHOUGH..............[8D]

Train returns

quote:I thought it was the belief that such "mundane" girls still exist that draws guys like you and me to FSU's???
    well, as i said, men's paradise isn't superposed with typical religious values.

quote:Seriously, are there no girls in Italy between the ages of 20 -25 who were raised in good homes?
    A few might still exist (very few, according to my mother's relayed doctor's & hairdresser's parlor gossip ), but who tells you these rare gems would want ANYTHING to do with me?
    There ARE pretty girls EVERYWHERE, but they wouldn't give me the time of the day if my life depended on it.
    As the example of the "christian women forum" shows, good girls usually marry or enter steady relationships early.
    Short...
    1. there are very few good girls (according to grandparents' ideals )
    2. these girls are mostly engaged or married (EG to men they met in their church )

quote:Again, you seem to suggest that every girl in the FSU past a certain age CAN'T be legitimate. Do you really believe this?
    I was [u]NOT talking about legitimacy (EG not being a scammer or not being Igor ); i was responding to a post talking about RELIGION & RELIGIOUS VALUES.

quote:Their parents were the closet christians of "the old days". It can be reasoned that they raised their kids with their beliefs.(or at least tried to as most parents do)
    hmmm
    most third world illegal aliens here belong to strict cultures with heavy religious influence. Typically, the grandmother goes around padded in scarves like a football pro; the daughter might still wear head scarf, but the turkish way (EG a normal woman with a head scarf ); the granddaughter is wearing miniskirts, drinking alcohol, having sex and wants to study women's studies...
    Not all, but a very sensible trend.

quote:A few might still exist (very few, according to my mother's relayed doctor's & hairdresser's parlor gossip ), but who tells you these rare gems would want ANYTHING to do with me?
    Two things here, ham. First, it's very rare for anyone to compliment the good they see in other people every day. It's so much easier to criticize the bad and the ugly. This seems to be a sad but true thing in all countries and cultures.

Second, why wouldn't a nice girl want anything to do with you??? Are you an assh@le? An ogre? Jack the Ripper? Okay, so maybe you're not being begged to replace Fabio on the covers of so many romance novels, but neither am I or any of the other guys posting in forums here!

Again, this goes to modern attitudes of always seeking the bad and ugly everywhere. We even seek out our own less admirable traits and end up putting ourselves down. I never met you, but you can't be all bad!!! My X even had some redeming qualities about her when she wasn't looking for her next high.

Again, you refer to "christian women's forum". I was only kidding about hanging around the Ukrainian church. But yea, ultra-conservative, right-wing bible thumpers do seem to tend to stay within their own circle when it comes to marriages etc.

Churches have been social gathering places for as long as I can imagine. My grandparents met at church, but that was in the time when people went to church because it was the socially EXPECTED thing to do on Sunday.
    quote:I was NOT talking about legitimacy (EG not being a scammer or not being Igor ); i was responding to a post talking about RELIGION & RELIGIOUS VALUES.
    Neither was I. I was asking if you believe that there are no 20 -25 yo girls in the FSU who really go to church, or at least have some sort of relious beliefs or sense of moral values? And is it fair to say that because a girl didn't marry or become engaged to her childhood sweetheart by the time she was 20 that she may have taken the frieght train from the fire brigade or soccer team?

I like to think that girls like that are the rare exception. Sure, I don't expect to find a 28 yo virgin, but I would like to believe that every single girl in the FSU that's over the age of 20 isn't a dirty little wh@re either!!!
    quote:most third world illegal aliens here belong to strict cultures with heavy religious influence. Typically, the grandmother goes around padded in scarves like a football pro; the daughter might still wear head scarf, but the turkish way (EG a normal woman with a head scarf ); the granddaughter is wearing miniskirts, drinking alcohol, having sex and wants to study women's studies...
    Not all, but a very sensible trend.
    This is simple youth rebelling against the culture of their parents. The people you refer to are very prevailant in the US as well. My perosnal belief is that their's is a very repressive culture toward women in general.

Once given a taste of the freedoms enjoyed by people outside of their native lands, it seems these girls swing widly toward the opposite pole. I liken it to Catholic school girls who roll their uniform skirts up to the crotch as they walk to and from school and then back to the knee when they reach their distination, or even the hippies of the 60's and early 70's.

These pot smoking, acid dropping folks are currently wearing suits and ties, and running your's and my governments!

PeopleSmoks' words of wisdom: "Stupid people make the world go 'round! Just look to our world leaders if you don't believe me...

In general, I would like to believe that there are some good, honest, women with strong values in the FSU who are really looking to find a good guy and that they aren't all scammers or wh@res. Why else would we all be looking there???[8D]

Train returns

imported_admin Guest

Hi PeopleSmoks,

Thank you for last posting. You are right about why this site is online - to warn men from scammers on dating sites. And be sure there are a lot of "good, honest women with strong values in the FSU".

Regards,
    Forum Administrator and Stop-Scammers.com Team

P.S. This is just a friendly note, we don't like the idea to be a part of discussions. Censoring only...

quote:Neither was I. I was asking if you believe that there are no 20 -25 yo girls in the FSU who really go to church, or at least have some sort of relious beliefs or sense of moral values? And is it fair to say that because a girl didn't marry or become engaged to her childhood sweetheart by the time she was 20 that she may have taken the frieght train from the fire brigade or soccer team?
    [u]There are some. Indeed they [u]have toexist, at least a few of them.
    But another problem arises.
    Who tells you that these "good" girls with a strong moral compass are seeking romance over the internet?
    You seemed to answer the question yourself: these "good girls" mostly tend to choose within their social circles (EG churches; it's not compulsory to be a bigot or to "hear voices" ); most of all, most of them appear to be taken, and -since they are "good girls"- they STAY in the relationship, for they are dependable.
    DEPENDABILITY

is the primary virtue for me.

Now I'm not saying there aren't some, just that odds are staked in your disfavor...hell, it is difficult to find a DECENT girl online, you bet a GOOD one!
    EG a decent girl may be a girl who albeit "having been around" might now have decided to honestly settle down.

quote:Second, why wouldn't a nice girl want anything to do with you??? Are you an assh@le? An ogre? Jack the Ripper? Okay, so maybe you're not being begged to replace Fabio on the covers of so many romance novels, but neither am I or any of the other guys posting in forums here!
    do [u]notmistake my words for cheap self-esteem self-loathing.
    The earlier people come to terms with their limits, the better: I just have come to terms with mines.
    Just a couple years ago, before a row of poor health, I performed very interesting feats of strenght in my gym, side to side with professional competitors & local champions...and this far I've never taken steroids or drugs.
    I am widely learnt & am pursuing different degrees for fun.
    I am an average person with poor looks & not enough money to make up for that: this is truth, not self-pity.
    Women always bawl how they would love men with many interests and a great education & all; and how they despise the opposite.
    Come think of it, not everybody can be a crossbreed between Bruce Lee and Jacques Derrida, but let's get close.
    Barred a few examples of mutually attracted "freaks" in any given field, from literary criticism to judo, if you are a gym rat, judo rat, climbing rat, whatever sport rat (except mass sports like soccer that tend to attract rabble anyway ), what does your topmodel care?

If you are a learning rat like myself, can you really discuss Locke or Descartes with your pretty woman? what does she care?
    Mind you, one might be a conic sections rat or a gas physics rat, it only gets worse.

Perhaps it is my problem: I came to distrust the internet when it comes to dating & interpersonal issues.
    I think the real opportunity lies with real women in the FSU outside the internet scene.

quote:Who tells you that these "good" girls with a strong moral compass are seeking romance over the internet?
    Why not? There are literaly hundreds of thousands of verifiable scammers in the FSU... TRUE! There are literaly millions upon millions of women. Who's to say there aren't any good, honest, "real" women out there looking for a guy who will treat them right?

From personal observations of the FSU men who live in my area, I can say that at least some of the stories of arrogance are true regarding at least MOST of these men I've observed and their general behavior in public. I'm not saying all FSU men are this way, but I have observed it.

Who's to say what really is nad isn't true? I can't speak about the other stories of physical and mental abuse, but it does happen everywhere and many studies conclude this to happen in economically stressed regions.

Last I heard, the FSU states are struggling a bit since the break up. So, it's possible these stories also have some basis in truth. Again, I'm not saying every man ih the FSU is a d!ckhead toward women, I'm saying the socio-economic ground work is in place for such behavior.

Certainly many of the stories are highly generalized and most certainly exaggerated for the benefit of those of us who venture onto FSU dating/MOB sites.

It also is easy to say that the content of many profiles is, if not created by, is heavily influenced by the agencies. Thus the similarity found across the board. It's intended to be what a guy wants to read! It's a sales technique. "Give 'em what they want."

Profile "A": I the kind girl. Of me is 28 years. I like to keep a cozy home. I wish to meet my soulmate and create a loving family.

Profile "B": I the heroin junkie. Of me is 35 years. I like to cut myself with razor and blame my man for my screwing up.

Okay, it just wouldn't be me if I didn't through my X in here somewhere! But the point is, which is more appealing to you? Even the "real" girl has to "sell" herself to be seen as a prospective mate to the guys who are looking. Guys like you and me have seen the same basic format so many times and for so long that it seems like it MUST be bullsh!t, especially since the scammers use the same format.

But, I just want to know why is it that a good girl CAN'T be out there looking for something better???
    quote:You seemed to answer the question yourself: these "good girls" mostly tend to choose within their social circles (EG churches; it's not compulsory to be a bigot or to "hear voices" ); most of all, most of them appear to be taken, and -since they are "good girls"- they STAY in the relationship, for they are dependable.
    Again you are focusing tooooooooooooooo hard on the wrong idea. The whole thing about hanging outside the Ukrainian church was a JOKE!!!!!

That said, I have beliefs and morals. I haven't been to a church in over 30 years for any other reason than a wedding, funeral, or the fact that the company I work for services the a/c and heat in about 30 churches in my area.

Get off the church thing. Being a good person and having morals has absolutely nothing to do with going to church. There's a bunch of Catholic priests out there who are more than willing to "share their morals" with the alterboy's butt![}]
    quote:Perhaps it is my problem: I came to distrust the internet when it comes to dating & interpersonal issues.
    I think the real opportunity lies with real women in the FSU outside the internet scene.
    BINGO! Hey, I've been lied to left and right by scammers. No, I don't trust any girl I meet online, so I don't get my hopes up too high about anything I find here.

I wait for.."I don't speak English, so I use the translation service" (after 4 or 5 letters),"I have fallen in love with you" (7 or 8 letters) and of course,"I want you to send me money via WU so I can hop on a plane and fly to a foriegn country to be with you".

When these lines come, I have developed my little tests, they promptly fail, and I move on. Honestly, $2000 to fly over there just to go looking is a bit out of my means. If I ever find a girl that makes it through the online scam testing I do, I'll gladly hop on a plane!!![8D]

Train returns

Interesting conversation you two are having. I suspect we are the only three people who still check this thread.

My point is that Orthodoxy is not your typical religious experience. It is a way of life more than a belief system.

The Orthodox women in my church cover their heads in the nave, defer for the most part to their husbands, bear and raise children without viewing it as a burden, and generally live a modest, virtuous life. It isn't about Bible thumping, it is merely a life attuned to achieving Theosis, or unity with God. Because humility plays a big role in all of this, I see the husbands and wives on this path giving great respect and support to each other.

I'm just saying there are a lot of great FSU women out there. They just are not enrolled at the introduction agencies.