Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Swede,

You have hit the nail on the head. The truth that most of the guys reading here do not wish to accept is there are NO HONEST FSU ROMANCE SITES ON THE WORLD WIDE WEB.

Honest meaning that both the woman correspondent, and her translator, are legitimate. And why is that? These websites have one goal and one goal only... to initiate and maintain paid corresondence in perpetuity!

So there may be some real women other there who get taken, but based on the number of horror stories posted here, those honest women run the first time they encounter one of the Western Lotharios who venture east for a visit. Why? Because the agency/interpreters use fake photos, fake profiles, and fake dialogue to get their customers ordering emails, letters, language lessons, perfumes, flowers, videos and photos. It is insanity.

I have lurked here for a year just to warn off any man willing to listen. If you aren't one of those, then hey... you can't say you haven't been warned. It takes a wise man to learn from his own mistakes, but it takes a genius to learn from the mistakes of others.

The only thing you'll lose by giving money to one of these sites is your money, your dignity, and your common sense.

quote:For example going out bowling on the first night with her best friend to tag along. She'll feel safe with her best friend around and at the same time can see if we're real or not. Going with this mindset instead of going on defense thinking the worse is a much better bet.
    beware that many good-time-girls use that as a way to have you pay FOR TWO, shopping sprees included, by design.

quote:It is a very wrong concept that you can't meet people on the street or anywhere.
    A friend of mine who's a psychologist once told me people are not "bugs" and will respond positively if you approach them correctly. So yes you can meet people anywhere, even those beautiful girls who are so tired of all the stupid guys coming on to them. You just need to know HOW to approach.
    well, I tend to believe all this stuff about mesmerizing women, about self-esteem machos to be hogwash. Drive a big car, show around platinum credit cards and you'll see how "magnetic" your personality becomes ( first-hand experience here ).
    Sure, there is a whole underworld made of self-help, autohypnosis tapes and books about chatting women up the "right" way (as you say, lots of "ifs and buts" )...well, I rank them next to trim-my-waist and grow-me-hair pills, or other gimmick to "learn japanese perfectly in 2 months" or "become an A level student with our proprietary mnemonics".
    I have a friend who (thinks) he is master at chatting women up...9/10 times he ends up with mercenaries, women seeking a sponsor and drunk housewives who must hurry to be back in time for hubby to come home.
    Are these women interested in what, ultimately?
    Not discussing particle physics or chinese philosophy or whatever, so what's left? Finding a good catch (barred random sex encounters, out of which you won't get much anyways because she has a husband to return to & if she's cheating on him, she'll cheat on you, too ).

quote:I guess I'm too demanding which is why I picked UA when I can meet dozens of girls anywhere.
    that is what I was wondering.
    If I had this mesmerizing ability, I wouldn't think of the MOB route.
    Same as if i had millions in the bank or worked a glamour job, I wouldn't very likely lack "attention from the opposite sex" (whatever that might be).
    If you think women there are not merely from another country, but common rules still apply, you are mistaken...badly mistaken. We all believed in this "traditional housewife 1950s standards " at some point or another; the fact we no longer do should tell something.

As i said, you think you solved the riddle of dating: good for you. Many thought they did, but changed opinion.

Ham, that was a good summary, and I would like to follow it up.

In my opinion, humans still react very much like herd animals, and one of the basics in a herd is, that you try to find your hierachial level: The alpha male, the "alluring" female etc. It's all about your status. In the human sphere status is measured according to various valuesystems. F.ex. you COULD chat up a girl in the 1960-70'ties in certain subcultures by talking about quantum physics or asian philosophy, because that had status at that time. In the discoteque subculture you got status by being "cool": "I care less about you, than you do about me. So I'm stronger".

But nowadays, and especially in FSU, money and power seem to be the main goal. An example: A few years ago I was in Latvia on a motorbike holiday. My bike is a Goldwing, big, flashy, glittery like a christmastree, and people usually go: Oooo and Eeeee, when they see it. (That's not my reason for having it, I just like it). But in Latvia
    the women just took one look, had me placed economically ("Just another $7000 bike, not worth it") and ignored me. I could almost hear their inner accountant working.

I do NOT use the bike for chatting up women, but it's a good "conversation piece" or like a domesticated pet: ....."Nice doggie". Just for a nice little social chat. No such in Latvia (which by the way has an unproportionately big russian minority). As soon as I was evaluated and found lacking, I was a non-person.

So anybody wanting to give it a try, take your favourite contact method with you and start. These women will look through you in a few moments, and if there's no hard cash
    behind all your new-age technique efforts, you'll be dumped. Just like that.

Brunods,
    Just to let you know i have been writing to #3867 since April
    this year- a correspondence which she started.Planned to see her in September past and 2 weeks before i was due to go she was "unavailable" citing urgent business in Kiev?Spoke to her on phone
    via translator (it was her i know her voice from the video) and she claims to still want to see me-in March.She has sent me 65 photos
    so far-sounds familiar.I have stopped downloading them-enough is enough.Her letters stack up and i have no reason other than her sudden unavailability in September to doubt her but i am not going to Poltava just to see her.Will travel with a friend and will visit another Ukrainian girl who is a friend and not connected to UA lADYS.

You have no chance of exclusivity here unless she decides you are the man for her.Personally i am in two minds about travelling there but UA ladys have my money and what chance of getting a refund?None and slim!!

No doubt she sends her "soft kisses" to you and many others too.Doesnt make her a bad person but just be aware you are likely (like me) to be one of many.

redprince

quote: So anybody wanting to give it a try, take your favourite contact method with you and start. These women will look through you in a few moments, and if there's no hard cash
    behind all your new-age technique efforts, you'll be dumped. Just like that.
    exactly.
    I am [u]notsaying that there are no men with
    1 a ten cents face
    2 a five cents body
    3 look like they took a shower last time under Nixon
    4 ironed their clothes last time under Brezhnev
    5 slept last night under a bridge
    and still manage to get "hot" women (by some standard).
    They exist...a few of them only, like a Frenchman exists who calculates roots of 2 hundreds digits numbers in seconds by sheer mental ability...
    Women are wise, in a higher proportion than men.
    If a man thinks he can fool them, he's in for a rude awakening.
    I am not saying there are not silly or gullible women, but the chance of meeting one are minimal, compared to the chance of any man being made a fool by a woman.
    You might think of the (supposedly) wealthy man who goes on a MOB tour, beds many beauty queens hinting at a marriage or sponsorship he knows he's unwilling to commit himself to...for one of them you get at least ten or twenty suckers wiring the last dime from their retirement fund or disability cheque so that "her uncle at the travel agency can procure her visa"; as well, there is the celebrity who thought he was just porking his next doll, and now got himself a lawsuit.

Self-help "personality" books and other auto hypnosis gimmick have been around for decades, same as grow-me-hair tonics.
    Most will agree that Sean Connery playing James Bond in the 1960s was on top of what women might want, Connery being a former professional soccer player, bodybuilding and beauty contestant.
    Now, how many do know Connery was balding already, and told to wear hair pieces for his James Bond?
    If hair tonics worked, don't we think Connery would have used them to strengthen his millionaire acting career?

quote: and 2 weeks before i was due to go she was "unavailable" citing urgent business in Kiev
    very common.
    Probably a ringer.
    They count on the vast majority of men never making a visit; when the 5% actually does, either dates are set up in a hurry, or excuses are found.

When I meant meeting woman on the street or anywhere I meant meeting GOOD woman not cash-hungry ones! Come you can you distinguish those or not?

Its easy to figure out when a woman is decent and when she's not so we can quickly dismiss the crap.

And obviously you're not picking drunk or amazon woman. I am a very decent guy and I don't get along with dumb women, I don't like those who drink I dont like those who smoke, etc. So this leaves me a very restrict space of intelligent decent smart women which have nothing to do with cash-hungry women. Some are intelligent and smart but still looking for guys with money.
    Now the thing about that is... aren't we looking for nice looking women?? Intelligent? Smart? And if they have a lot of cash wouldn't we like that?? I would!
    So why wouldn't they find that attractive as well?

I think the question here is to meet normal women not pub-type of girls who are worthless. For this you pick where you meet them, take a good look before you actually start talking and make sure she looks like someone decent before you engage.
    I met once a woman who liked to drink and smoke, it was the shortest 30 minutes ever. heheh
    I do go out sometimes with women who are just beautiful but I know all they want is me to pay for dinner and try to get gifts. When a girl says "Will you offer me this?" I just reply immediately "No.". If she keeps doing it I tell her I think we shouldn't go out anymore and end of the story. Simple enough I think.

Now for prince, I see you have been speaking to Nadja since April which is fine. We don't have any exclusivity deal neither she says she loves me and I'm the only one. I am one guy that she would like to meet and that she finds interesting enough to consider. You are probably another one I don't know. About her being busy in Kiev that was true, I remember in the last 2-4 months she has been really busy and sometimes wouldn't write for a few days as she was in Kiev. They can't write from other cities seems they always have to go to their local agency...
    I also think these girls want to find their "prince" but they don't take it THAT seriously before they actually meet you, if they do.
    I know because even though I like her a lot, I'm not "engaged" and if I do find someone I like here or somewhere else I won't say no.
    This means I just think the probability of we matching is always low due to several factors like she not speaking english, her finding another guy or not being real about some things, etc. Now for the rest I am not surprised. She has a lot of photos she has to send them to the guys she speaks to I guess. For example I paid 2 months unlimited, if she wasn't for real I would expect her to show less interest after the payment but she keeps writting everyday. I do think that she does not write only to me, I always had that impression. But she does reply to the subject I am talking about, its not a generic reply. And she's good!! Very good at it! :P

For me even if this goes nowhere, I will be satisfied as my experience with her helps me understand better what I like and dislike, etc. If she vanishes tomorrow, bad luck. I don't really care that much anyway. :P
    I will only care when I do really meet her for real and have a commitment, until then I don't trust anything but my own instinct.

Prince, have you ever met girls on IRC or Hi5 and tried to arrange to meet? What did they reply?
    I can say that the most common answer for me was "I can't because" - work, school, family issues
    I have a girl I met years ago and she adores me, we've spoken on the phone even but we never met in person. We arranged it a few times but she always comes up with a last minute excuse not to meet me. No agency involved, I met her years ago on IRC and now we speak on MSN only. I've seen her on webcam even.
    I am not interested in her but assuming I was, I could not think it had something to do with agency or money. So the reason is something else. Sounds familiar?
    Remember that UALady's is the same as meeting girls from IRC/MSN, they will have the same excuses. The only difference is that you actually get talking time and if you get lucky enough you'll really meet them. I think I will not go meet her until I feel she really wants me to go, I dont want to waste money and my time if I think the odds are against me. Right now I think the odds are against me. Lets see what I think in a month or two.

Don't get me wrong, I am far from stupid or blind. I am expert in all kinds of scams, I even know how they work internally so its very easy for me to see how it might work. As for UA the company itself is OK the only scam can be some ladies who join and some staff who are less decent. Like any franchising you get franchisees who do it right and others only do crap and trick customers. This is no different than the regular franchising. Like Remax, some agencies are good others are really bad, it depends on the management and mostly on the staff working there.

Ah about the method of work. When we write the ladies, sometimes the translator leaves a written translator and other times does a voice recording so the girl has to answer more from memory on those cases. The translators many times find our terms difficult to translate so they ommit or avoid translating some parts.
    Some of my letters I make them complex enough to give headake to the translator and I can see that by the reply missing the complex parts! hehe
    So as you can see, it isn't necessarily the girl who doesn't want to reply to your questions or gives different answers. There's a translation involved that might not be very good. There might be a translation in written or in voice, in voice the girl has to reply from memory which makes it less reliable to remember all your questions so she will tend to write more about her stuff and less about what you wrote. I think you can see this happening sometimes but not always.

Now if I do ask Nadja for exclusivity I think one of her likely answers would be that I will only get exclusivity after we meet if we like each other because right now we haven't even met so even though she likes me a lot it is hard to say if its going to work and she wants to get the chance to meet more people meanwhile obviously. Just like she can stop writing, I could also stop writting so we both have that "risk".

The difference is that we pay to write and they dont. If you had free mails to every girl, how many would you write to????? I think you get the point. :P

The site actually favours the ladies since the men are more likely to write only to one girl at a time since it would be expensive some other way. This makes it more likely the man is serious about that girl while the girl being able to write for free is more likely to write to many men which means she is less focused on you specifically.
    Unless you do get her to accept exclusivity then you can easilly see if she's for real.
    Many would lie saying yes you are the only one but you aren't really. In my non-paid internet meetings most girls ended up not being what they said they were and not being honest in real life.

Here's how you spot a girl who is REALLY honest:

She DOES tell you NO.
    She is very objective and realistic and will say what she really thinks. You can see that by identifying if she says things that go against what you'd like her to say ideally. Girls who are not honest tell you what you want to hear thus you have that "too good to be true" feeling.

Now I think your expectations are too high about the girls:

You are not the center of the girl life even though it sounds like it in the fairy tale letters. Never think you are THAT important and irreplaceable to the girl. Before she ever meets you, you are a stranger, a possible serial killer. She will be afraid of what might come and possibly delay or even avoid to meet you. It is hard to get her to have the right feeling.

She is not the problem, YOU are the problem. Blaming others for our inability to cope is very common. If your staff doesn't perform well, who chose them? It was you. So the mistake was yours. Stop complaining.

Did UALady's join you or did you join them? Did your UA-girl dump you suddenly? So what? Didn't you pick to talk to that beautiful young girl who said everything you wanted to hear? Didn't you expect a guarantee that the girl would REALLY meet you? Did you expect UALady's to guarantee that the girl will fall inlove with you and meet you or even that she will not be able to talk to 50 guys at the same time? Don't they actually encourage you to meet MORE than one girl at a time (when you go there)?? Why would they do that? So???
    Basically UA tells you not to focus on one lady only and meet more than one when you go there. They know just as well as I know that it is unlikely you'll get it right on the first shot. It can happen but it is highly unlikely.

No guarantees here, we're solo on this. We can get happy we can get nothing, there's no sure thing.

We can agree that the only advantage of UA is that some of these girls are serious about meeting their guy, that gives us some chance but doesn't guarantee anything.

As for a question posted here for me, besides Estonia I have not been on other Eastern European countries so yes when I speak about eastern mentality I am speaking more based on the girls I've met from Estonia and Lithania. Ukraine seems to have a similar mentality in some parts.

BTW I make sure the girl knows I am not swimming in cash at all. I tell her I can't afford the trip right now which is true actually, am recovering from 3-4 bad business months and its going much better now.

brunods... to anyone with experience in this area, you are showing the classic symptoms of denial.

quote:Its easy to figure out when a woman is decent and when she's not so we can quickly dismiss the crap.
    Say's who?
    quote:For example I paid 2 months unlimited, if she wasn't for real I would expect her to show less interest after the payment but she keeps writting everyday.
    Whoooo Hooooo! Now there's proof of legitimacy if I ever saw it! I guess they have no interest in getting two more months, and two more after that!
    quote:I am far from stupid or blind. I am expert in all kinds of scams, I even know how they work internally so its very easy for me to see how it might work. As for UA the company itself is OK the only scam can be some ladies who join and some staff who are less decent.
    I suggest you read about the criminal past of UA's owners and founders before declaring it a "good" company. Enron was a "good" company too.
    quote:BTW I make sure the girl knows I am not swimming in cash at all. I tell her I can't afford the trip right now which is true actually, am recovering from 3-4 bad business months and its going much better now.
    I see much happiness in your future with your FSU MOB...
    [8D]

quote:Its easy to figure out when a woman is decent and when she's not so we can quickly dismiss the crap.
    If this were truly the case, there would be no scam artists. Not everyone is able to see through the bullsh!t so easily. Sure, if a girl walks up to you at a bar, sticks her tongue in your ear, pulls her skirt up and starts playing with herself... she's probably trouble. But scammers, at least the ones with more than half a brain, whether they be on the internet or a girl on the street, rarely will present themselves in this manner.
    quote:My bike is a Goldwing, big, flashy, glittery like a christmastree, and people usually go: Oooo and Eeeee, when they see it. (That's not my reason for having it, I just like it). But in Latvia
    the women just took one look, had me placed economically ("Just another $7000 bike, not worth it") and ignored me. I could almost hear their inner accountant working.
    swede, buy a Harley! My bike is 38 yo, rusted spokes and leaks oil and it's still worth about $6,000 to $7,000. Although, it's usually the trashier b!itches that come running, they don't care how much money I have. Granted, I have grown somewhat tired of these girls, but at least they're honest?????????? Oh!!! That's right, my X was one of these girls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So, I continue to look for that one in a million girl in the FSU. Once again, there is one who wants to meet me. So far, she has agreed to everything except the first date which I proposed to her, which has already passed.

She's a bit younger (25 yo) than I realistically was searching for (28 -35), but seems to be "real". The reason she gave for not being able to meet just last week was that her studing for exams was taking up too much of her time and would not be able to spend time with me. She said my presence now, would be too much of a distraction.

Again, I admit that I have never been to Ukraine as all previous correspondence resulted in the good ole money request, and I get my knowledge from internet articles and reading what you guys write. I have read that Ukrainian girls take their education VERY seriously. In fact, I read that it is a waste of time to write to a girl with 2 or 3 years left to graduate, as she will probably not seriously consider leaving school for "some guy she met on the internet" unless you want to wait for her? This girl is to graduate this year and that was the only reason I continued writing to her.

Because of this, I agreed that we will meet this March because her exams will be done as well as any make up exams. Any input???

Unlike the girl mentioned, "my girl" has told me that I am the only one she writes to. I haven't seen her profile on any site including UALadys in over 3 months. (We've been writing for four months.)I will say that I am a "free" member on a number of sites. I actually do this to monitor for her profile to pop up. So far it hasn't. What do you guys think??? Should I go for it??? I'm ready to buy the plane ticket right after X-mas.[:I]

Train returns

quote: Did UALady's join you or did you join them? Did your UA-girl dump you suddenly? So what? Didn't you pick to talk to that beautiful young girl who said everything you wanted to hear? Didn't you expect a guarantee that the girl would REALLY meet you? Did you expect UALady's to guarantee that the girl will fall inlove with you and meet you or even that she will not be able to talk to 50 guys at the same time? Don't they actually encourage you to meet MORE than one girl at a time (when you go there)?? Why would they do that? So???
    well..."cold feet" or unexpected accidents can happen, but often ( very often ) they are used as alibi, which postulates a fraudulent attitude.
    Well, it is true my house might have burnt, but if that is just a short-cut to postpone or cancel a meeting, it's fraud.
    Or it might just be a "small white lie", but men must realize they are wasting their hard earnt cash on THAT.

I disagree on one simple fact: agencies do claim to be able to control the dating game, at least to a telling extent. Otherwise men would not waste fortunes with them, and just keep fooling over ICQ & IRC to have fifteen years old boys pull pranks on them behind stolen pictures of scantly clad models.
    It is equally true that many agencies issue claims, albeit setting them off in small print.
    If there were no claims/promises made -as you suggest- most among the catchiest agencies would be gone...MARRY A MODEL, BLONDE VENUS FOR YOU etc.
    Now for ages agencies have made outrageous claims, such as that a man might be living off welfare YET still be able to get himself a beauty queen with 1950s moral standards, because tap water and a washer/drier will seem to her a strong improvement from her life of deep-space-cold winters, fourth world health care, and slaving away for pennies.
    Now do WE REALLY believe such claims to be truthful?
    Or that you can be 63yo but a 19yo girl will be "truly" interested in you as "their enigmatic russian soul" perceives much old-er- men to make better husbands?
    Not only are they HIGHLY MISLEADING-TO-FRAUDULENT, but -if no promise was meant- why the claim to start with?
    A man elsewhere claimed to have wasted $12.000 from his savings on a scammer whose PREMIUM profile/account he had bought for $500 from the Elena P. franchise, because they say that he'd get better results going that way, showing he was not cheap.
    Isn't that a claim?

quote:Now for ages agencies have made outrageous claims, such as that a man might be living off welfare YET still be able to get himself a beauty queen with 1950s moral standards, because tap water and a washer/drier will seem to her a strong improvement from her life of deep-space-cold winters, fourth world health care, and slaving away for pennies.
    Now do WE REALLY believe such claims to be truthful?
    I have found this to be something that seperates "some" of the scammers. I am NOT rich, but my search is sincere. I DO have the money to get on a plane tomorrow, although work obligations would prevent that. The thing is that many scammers DON'T want to meet you.

The guy who is scraping $$$$$$$$ is in the wrong market. If you meet a "real" girl but have no money at all, what do you do next? Do you think this FSU beauty is going to say to herself, "Oh boy! That's the man for me!?!" Maybe a scammer might think that, because he or she can soak the stupid sap a little at a time and eat off his welfare check.

Even an average guy who is working every day like me is pushing it unless he is truly serious and willing to save a few bucks for this stuff. I have enough to make a trip over. I have enough to pay for a legitimate visa/passport (from a government agency, not the travel agency that can "make" a visa/passport for a single FSU girl to the US in a week) and her round trip ticket to the US and back home. Correct me if I'm wrong, but a round trip ticket for her to come here is required, as I understand, by the US government for the purpose of to assuring that the girl will not try to imigrate, and by any agency that she may be with to assure that she will not be "trapped" as the Russian mob and white slavery are very real.

I've found that many scammers "panic" when you tell them you want to fly to meet them and make stupid mistakes like saying it is a Russian tradition for the girl to fly 8,000 km to a foreign country to meet the man's family first, and of course she needed me to send her money for this??? I laughed my ass off at that one.
    quote:A man elsewhere claimed to have wasted $12.000 from his savings on a scammer whose PREMIUM profile/account he had bought for $500 from the Elena P. franchise, because they say that he'd get better results going that way, showing he was not cheap.
    Isn't that a claim?
    Sorry, but that guy was a stupid jackass! Did he ever meet this girl? How long did it take him to blow $12,000? [xx(]

Train returns