Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Hi PeopleSmoks,

I'm afraid you'll have to rely on local newspapers or possibly UA touristagencies to find such places. That's why it's an advantage to have local contacts. Maybe your friend can help you. Usually there is a lot of offers for such flats.
    Also make sure that you will have some $$ money available. It's not always, that the banks will give you anything but the local currency, which for some reason isn't so popular in Ukraine. Euros can be used also.

Sorry, the last part of your post contains some inside jokes and language I don't master. Please let the poor countrybumpkin in on it.

quote:Sorry, the last part of your post contains some inside jokes and language I don't master. Please let the poor countrybumpkin in on it.
    Hey swede! "Green Acres" was an American TV comedy show in the 1960's. An older American businessman married a young Hungarian beauty who had become accustomed to big city life in New York... shopping, shopping and more shopping! The businessman decided to by a farm and move to the countryside to the objections of his "very social urbanite" wife. Sound familiar?

Mr. Haney was the scam artist who sold the farm to the guy. The farm was a piece of crap, but it looked good in the photos! Maybe this sounds familiar?

Where Prometheus comes in is that he has posted a profile on UALadys using photos of this rather unattractive, shabby looking character. He lists some pretty bizzare hobbies, etc...

He actually receives responses to this profile from girls who want to become acquainted with him and posts the letters here from time to time. Check past pages in this forum topic. I think there's one on page 26?

I've posted similar profiles using photos of the new James Bond and use the profile name jamesbond007. The profile states that I'm looking for FSU/MOB scam artists to write to me and send me some hot photos. I actually have had "girls" reply to this ad.[8D]

It becomes fairly obvious that the "girls" who respond to these overtly fake ads are scammers who simply don't read what is written. Even on the real ads I've posted, I get messages from girls saying they like my "structure", but if you look at "who has viewed me", they didn't.

Anyway, thanks again for the info. I'll discuss a place to stay with the girl I plan to visit as you suggest. I just hope she doesn't ask me to send her a couple hundred bucks to put as a deposit.

Train returns

--> Denial of what? There's nothing to deny or approve here. I don't care if she is a fraud or not at this moment. I just like the conversations we have, the pictures are nice but I don't care much about those also. As far as I know she can either be a normal girl who corresponds with more than one guy and does not meet so easilly like any other girl would do in internet non-paid chats or she can be a scammer wanting me to pay more and more months. At the moment I cannot be sure of either thing so I do not have anything to deny or not. I just keep my mind open thats all. If I treat her like if she was a scammer and later on I find out she wasn't, that would suck wouldn't it?

brunods... to anyone with experience in this area, you are showing the classic symptoms of denial.

quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Its easy to figure out when a woman is decent and when she's not so we can quickly dismiss the crap.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Say's who?

---> Says me. I can. If you can't you should learn how to. It took me years to learn how to read women. I have several women friends who tell me what they think how they think why they think etc... its like I'm their gay friend sometimes, who understands them better than they understand themselves! When you get to that level then you really can say you can figure out easilly who's crap and who isn't. Just one remark about that, I was talking about real life meeting not just internet. In Internet it is harder as the reading is done in a different way and in this case there's a 3rd person involved (translator) so it is even harder.

quote:
    For example I paid 2 months unlimited, if she wasn't for real I would expect her to show less interest after the payment but she keeps writting everyday.

Whoooo Hooooo! Now there's proof of legitimacy if I ever saw it! I guess they have no interest in getting two more months, and two more after that!

--> If I was a UALady's scammer and got commission from monthly subscriptions, after I got the money for 2 months I would be much more relaxed and write a bit less until maybe a week or two before the end of those 2 months. For example if you are unsure of getting your end of the month salary or not, you will be VERY workaholic until you get it. After you get it you'll feel more relaxed until the end of the following month is near. Thats just psychology.
    Brasilians even go further, once they make enough money on one day selling stuff, they'll close up early and go enjoy themselves.

quote:
    I am far from stupid or blind. I am expert in all kinds of scams, I even know how they work internally so its very easy for me to see how it might work. As for UA the company itself is OK the only scam can be some ladies who join and some staff who are less decent.

I suggest you read about the criminal past of UA's owners and founders before declaring it a "good" company. Enron was a "good" company too.

--> Where do I read about this criminal past of UA's owners?

quote:
    BTW I make sure the girl knows I am not swimming in cash at all. I tell her I can't afford the trip right now which is true actually, am recovering from 3-4 bad business months and its going much better now.

I see much happiness in your future with your FSU MOB...

--> You see more than me then. It is more likely that I will not even go there. As I said this is like any internet non-paid chat, no matter what you talk with the girl, you have to know if she is really into you and until you feel that, its a bad idea to try to meet her, you'll only get excuses. Its not her saying she is into you, its you feeling she is. I mean REALLY feeling. Its hard to explain, I just know how to recognize it.
    I will probably go to Estonia instead to meet my brother, I got good business there. The idea of going to Ukraine is not appealing even!
    Lets see what Nadja answers to my last letters, I am quite curious about it.

You know, there are indirect ways of knowing the truth.

I suggest men make VERY CLEAR, BEYOND DOUBTtheir stance related to expenditure and relative financial comfort level.
    Be wary that your chances will drop stone cold ( at least mine have! ).
    However, I see no point in misrepresenting one's will or actual finances: women are not fools, and she'll find out sooner than later.
    Thinking that you can postpone concrete decisions indefinitely (next year dear, I promise ) will only cause trouble: she ventured the MOB route to improve her life and improve it NOW, not "maybe next year".
    This does not mean being unwilling to spend money on a woman, but a degree can easily cost tens of thousands, and gives the man no "special right soever".
    Should you mention it, she'd probably complain you are cheap, a "control freak" and that -ultimately- you wanted to "buy her", then.

Hi PeopleSmoks,

sounds quite funny, and I can't deny some similarities. I certainly don't live in a mansion.

But the urbanite woman/ruralite man problem isn't restricted to eastern Lolitas. It's universal.

Should I choose an alter ego, it would probably be inspired from Terry Pratchett, who describes the reclusive mystic sitting outside his cave meditating, so young, curious women could come around and say: "Gosh".

I could tune myself down to a new-age marmalade version, offering services like "thighs scryed", "instant healings" at reasonable rates. There's a growing subculture in the east, being interested in washed-out asian philosophy.

Hi PeopleSmoks,

quote:Originally posted by PeopleSmoks

I question whether this is AS true as we are all led to believe? Certainly right after the break up of the USSR, life sucked hard and people now had the opportunity to leave. (Both men and women) But that was awhile ago. I've heard the FSU is like many growing regions. Some areas and people are doing well, some aren't.
    Well, I will fly to Krasnodar in January and check myself. I speak a bit Russian (basic level), I prepare myself very good my reactivating my Russian language skills. I have an intensive communication with one lady there for more than 6 weeks now. She mailed me that she has a pc at home so that the agency office of ruladies.com transfers her every mail from me and also the translation online. She also mailed me that state university studies in Russia are for free. This weekend there is a public food fair in Krasnodar where all people can buy food for half price, so people feel thankful to the government to arrange that in many Russian towns now before the New Year Party.

I just booked and received my flight ticket. I contacted ruladies.com support to get the address of that office in Krasnodar after I had booked online a meeting with this a.m. lady. They wanted a copy of my id, so I mailed them attached this copy of my id. Then I received the address of the office.

Now I am in contact with a travel agency to arrange the hotel room in Krasnodar. I push them to offer me a not so expensive hotel room nearby the office of ruladies.com. I also just have arranged my confirmation of the travel health insurance, so I still need just the hotel confirmation to request the tourist visa from the Russian embassy.

I just know the names of all family members of the lady, I also know the name of her dog. I know that she has holidays when I come to see her in January. She has never promised to have sex with me when I am there ... she leaves this decision until the come out of our first meeting. This is normal, for my opinion.

quote: In the letters I've received, sex is usually only a topic exploited by scammers hoping to get a guy thinking with his small head, accompanied by some of the pics I've posted on my personal site. Some girls talk about the age difference as being more along the lines of social and/ or life experience and ecoconomic stabilty. (not necessarily wealth) Also they talk about "slightly" older men knowing what they want and being passed the desires to play the field so much. Granted, some scammers have also gone this route regarding the subject. They're often travel scammers who will "invest" the time of month long correspondence trying to get the $1,500 for visa/passport/airfare, as opposed to translation scammers who go for the steady $100 or a month... (like UALadys?). As most girls I have written to are younger than me, I always ask this question of age to see what their answer is. If she talks about sex... BIG RED FLAG!!!

Well, you are absolutely right that sex combined with nude pictures and so on is almost in every case a proof of scam. The only gift I sent via ruladies.com was a picture for her. She askes that to show it her parents.

quote: But for me, I am honestly looking to find a wife, not a daughter!

Well, that's up to you to choose the lady you prefer, also in the criteria of age. I do not give you advices in that, and I would not like to have your advices regarding my decisions in my case.

quote: You have to better be sure your FSU love queen IS past her school days & definitelydone with her education, unless you feel like acquiring a step-daughter who'll spend most of her time at school (meeting "cute boys" her age, perhaps ) while you foot the bills worth tens of thousands.

Sorry, where is the problem? I can find another lady, she can find another boy... . Let's live and enjoy our life!!!

quote: As I said, I had heard that these girls are incredibly serious about school. The fact that the girl I plan to visit graduates this year is the only reason I have continued to correspond with her with serious intentions and hopes. Had she told me she would graduate in two or three years, I might have balked. .

Well, I understand it well in your case because you want her to leave very fast the country and come to you in order to live in your country... .

I go a different way. I would invite my love so that first she can visit me and see with her own eyes how I live and how the city here is and how the people are and how her perspectives are. Then she goes back, may be I visit her then again. If we want to come together and have our future together, ok, then we need to find a solution and would discuss about it.

Goddiejens

quote:Sorry, where is the problem? I can find another lady, she can find another boy... . Let's live and enjoy our life!!!
    the problem is that if expectations are not adjusted according to real life abilities and dispositions, clash of expectations will soon occur, with tragic results.
    I say: one shall be honest and loose prospects, but be honest; don't pretend to "leave open" doors that do not even exist; or gamble and loose one's shirt.

quote:I do not give you advices in that, and I would not like to have your advices regarding my decisions in my case.
    There is no need to take it personally. I personally do not recall you saying you are in a huge age gap relationship; I might mistake your words for some other poster's, but if you are, it is your prerogative and sole problem. Here everyone advises according to one's own perceived sense of what's best, which might vary.

quote:Well, that's up to you to choose the lady you prefer, also in the criteria of age. I do not give you advices in that, and I would not like to have your advices regarding my decisions in my case.
    Hey Goddiejens! The girl you have found, her age compared to yours, etc... are all a matter of your preference and no one else's. My personal fellings for my situation is that too large of an age gap could eventually be a problem. I don't really know for sure. I'm 44yo, and the girl I'm planning to visit just turned 25yo in October.

I hadn't really planned on getting hooked up with a girl that young, it just worked out that way. My search was for a girl 28yo to 35yo. Yes, younger than me, but for good reason as I would hope to have kids with the girl I find and age comes into consideration at that point. I figure that a girl in this age group who has no kids would want kids and is able to have them. Desire to have kids are something I ask about.

The part about this girl still being in school was also a factor. She is due to graduate soon. If she had told me that she had another year or two before she was to graduate, I probably would not have continued writing to her. As I've said, I have heard that it is very unlikely that an FSUW would just quit school to be with some guy as they take education very seriously.
    quote: I suggest men make VERY CLEAR, BEYOND DOUBTtheir stance related to expenditure and relative financial comfort level.
    As our "real" meeting approaches, our discussion includes this subect among others. I've made it clear to her that if all goes well when we meet and it is agreed that she will come to the US, I would hope it to be as soon as all the paperwork can be completed and approved. I told her I plan to pay for more English lessons so she will be able communicate better and feel more comfortable with her surroundings. I may also take Ukrainian lessons as I think it would be respectful of me toward her to do so.

I also told her that I think it may be hard for her to find work in her field of study, but I would not expect her to take some menial job. I have told her that I'm not rich, but I do have a good job and I'm financial stable and capable of supporting her and a family. She remains optomistic about finding work in her field of study. I honestly am not so optomistic and realize that I may have to figure out something to keep her from becoming bored to death.

The difference in our ages (19+ years) is openly discussed as well as her certainty about making such a huge move to come to the US. About our ages, she says that this way she will always be young and beautiful to me and I will never look to another woman. (Good answer?) In fact, I kind of tried to scare her a bit about how hard it might be for her coming here, but she has insisted that she knew what she wanted and what to expect when she placed her ad, and is fully prepared to leave Ukraine. She seems very confident.

We've been corresponding for almost 5 or 6 months, with a couple of gaps that were of my doing, not hers. I continue to "fish various FSU dating sites, but have not found her profile, so I tend to believe that if I'm not the only guy she writes to, apparently she's not looking anymore. (she says I'm the only one).

I have been very honest with this girl about everything. Basically for the reasons ham talked about. If the girl's not retarded, she'll figure it out if you've been bullsh!tting her sooner or later! Then what??? DIVORCE!!! So why lie?

Yes, we have even discussed sex. Although the subject was brought up with her concerns of me being one of those "sex tourists". Personally, I think those guys are pieces of sh!t for having such a lack of respect for women and I think it comes from their own lack of self-esteem.

Even as we approach our planned meeting, she has expressed concerns. I've told her very frankly that I think she is beautiful and of course I think of her in a sexual way, but I will be happy to hold her hand across a table as we have a cup of coffee together, which is the truth. Hey, I could be wrong, but after a 5 or 6 month long correspondence, I don't think sex is as much of a scammer issue anymore??? In the first few letters, if the girl writes telling you about all the sexually explicit things she wants to do with you, that is a red flag to me. But after this long, I'm not so weary of it being part of our correspondence, paticularly considering the overall context of our discussions.

Goddiejens, good luck next month! My trip is coming up in March!

Train returns

brunods, I haven't commented on some of the things you've said, but I think it deserves some attention before you get screwed too hard.
    quote:For example I paid 2 months unlimited, if she wasn't for real I would expect her to show less interest after the payment but she keeps writting everyday. I do think that she does not write only to me, I always had that impression. But she does reply to the subject I am talking about, its not a generic reply. And she's good!! Very good at it!
    What you need to realize is that if she is scamming you, it's in her (the agency's) best interest to keep you interested so you will continue to buy these "unlimited" correspondence memberships. Not to say this girl is or isn't a scammer, but the same can be said about any job. I'm a commercial HVAC tech. It's in the best interest of both me and my company to give you the best service possible so that you will continue to use us.

Often, the long term scammers will write personal letters in order to give you the feeling that you matter to them. Thus, you feel a "connection" and eventually send more and more money.
    quote:BTW I make sure the girl knows I am not swimming in cash at all. I tell her I can't afford the trip right now which is true actually, am recovering from 3-4 bad business months and its going much better now.
    BAD MOVE!!! You've just told the scammer that she/ he doesn't have to worry about you wanting to fly out to meet the girl in the photo anytime soon! But, you do have enough dispoable cash on hand to buy unlimited correspondence!!! Keep that cash-cow on the hook is what the scammer is thinking at this point. Of course you're getting personalized letters.[V]

What you need to realize is that when dealing with a possible translation scam, like what apparntly happens with "some" of the girls, in "some" of the UALadys offices (and other similar sites), is that they don't need to ask you for passport/visa money, or some other relatively obvious scam. You are steady income to them as long as you buy these "unlimited" correspondence memberships and there is no reason for them to rock the boat. Especially since you won't be flying to meet the photo girl.

Honestly, you might want to rethink some of what you're doing, at least for now?[B)]

Train returns

Thanks to ham and peoplesmoke here!!!

I will post here my travel experience with ruladies.com (Krasnodar office) and all addresses and names after the trip, end of January 2008!!! I will be very honest because I am not at all linked to that dating company.

I will go there as a gentleman who only dates one lady because speed dating is not my preference. I will take pictures there, I also have a good digital handycam. So everything will be kept on picture and movie. Well, I protect the privacy of the lady for sure, that's why until now I have not given the name here because my intentions are serious ones with her.

Goddiejens