Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

"ham" is pretty much dead on guys. Only one little thing... I've heard, and living in NJ with a growing Russian population I've seen, that Russian men can be arrogant jackasses and many Russian women seek western men because we are generally better mates. That and the stories they hear that many of us make more in a week or two than most Russian men make in a month in their country. These women don't realize what the cost of living here is! So some really just want to get out of their country, some genuinely seek and really do develop fellings for us. Are they in love with you? Who knows for sure, but after 2 weeks? But the scammers will come at you from all angles. Ask yourself, are you in love with this girl after only 1 weeks or 2 weeks? Or is it lust for the bikini pic? Or lingere shot? Or even naked pic? That's what the scammer is counting on. The American libido! Ask yourself, how can she be in love with me after 4, 5, or 6 e-mails? Most Russian girls can't afford glamore photos, so think about it. Nude photos... run away!!! I don't care where she's from, nude pics are a red flag! This site has a pretty good guide for spotting a scammer. Check it out. And check this and other blacklist data bases. I'm sure all the scammers aren't listed, but it's a start.

Train

i went through this topic carefully and i hate to say i been in touch with so many scammers it aint even funny any more in fact i found 2 on the site who just started writting me as early as last week in fact one fell in love with me after her first letter so i quit writting her there is no way one fallds in love that quick without seeing a photo of the other one

Hey Rusty, You're not the only one! I almost wonder if any of these girls are real on any of these sites. I've heard so many stories that some of the reasons so many "real" Russian and other FSU women honestly seek men outside of their country is that many of the men are arrogant, self important, overly agressive, demanding(as in women are to be their servants), drink to excess regularly, basically every undesirable thing you can think of. They have heard that western men aren't like this? At least that's one story I've heard. But, realistically, those don't seem to be the women we meet on all of these web sites. I have met quite a number of scammers who I have found blacklisted on sites like this one. I have met women I believe to be scammers, but have not found on any blacklists(yet). One girl in particular who I have corresponded with for almost 4 months scares me only because we have discussed her coming to the US, but she has NOT brought up sending her any money??? Is she real??? Just as Elena said that these women may correspond with several of us to see who is and who isn't sincere(or a sucker)I have done the same and this one girl stands out as maybe real? I paid for a background check on another girl and will definitly do the same with this girl before things go much further. I can only say that there are some suspicious behaviors that begin to make a pattern that leads to the scammer. Is it 100%? What is? To every rule, there's an exception. No one falls in love after 4 e-mails? They're all scammers? Is this girl the excepition? Who know for sure? Now the really scarey part... Ask yourself, "If can't find her on any of the blacklists and paid for a background check that came up clean... Is she real? Or did she slip through the cracks?" Lifes a crap shoot! All we can do is try..........

Train

Since there are several types of scammers, measuring them all by the same ruler to see which one "fits" or "does not fit" is not a bright thing to do. As your experience with online dating growth, and as your relations progresses, there should be several "stages" of your self-education about the dangers of the process, and the warning signs for each. If you are stuck at the level of checking for the simplest form of the scam, you may end up falling for a bigger one.

quote:I've heard so many stories that some of the reasons so many "real" Russian and other FSU women honestly seek men outside of their country is that many of the men are arrogant, self important, overly agressive, demanding(as in women are to be their servants), drink to excess regularly, basically every undesirable thing you can think of.
    nonsense.
    a country profiled in such a way wouldn't have been able to last this long.
    It's all rubbish women feed gullible, deluded westerners to get to their wallet faster, supported by agencies&middlemen making a buck out of the "concept".
    Even if we conceded that russians are this bad, how comes FSUWs will mostly strive to build a network of russian friends? How comes many will readily get a russian lover on the side?
    I lived abroad for years and [u]THE LAST THING i wanted, longed for or fancied was gathering with others from my country.
    There are well-off and decent russian men, but many women can't manage to trap one, so they disparage the whole country.
    Aren't they russians?
    But the "evil domestic men" is part of the "Cinderella" stereotype, so that westerners can play the chivalron and "rescue her".
    Hello?! The middleman pitching you this sale is probably making upto 50% of what you pay!
    Next step?
    http://stop-scammers.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=755

quote:I've heard so many stories that some of the reasons so many "real" Russian and other FSU women honestly seek men outside of their country is that many of the men are arrogant, self important, overly agressive, demanding(as in women are to be their servants), drink to excess regularly, basically every undesirable thing you can think of.
    nonsense.
    a country profiled in such a way wouldn't have been able to last this long.
    It's all rubbish women feed gullible, deluded westerners to get to their wallet faster, supported by agencies&middlemen making a buck out of the "concept".
    Even if we conceded that russians are this bad, how comes FSUWs will mostly strive to build a network of russian friends? How comes many will readily get a russian lover on the side?
    I lived abroad for years and [u]THE LAST THING i wanted, longed for or fancied was gathering with others from my country.
    There are well-off and decent russian men, but many women can't manage to trap one, so they disparage the whole country.
    Aren't they russians?
    But the "evil domestic men" is part of the "Cinderella" stereotype, so that westerners can play the chivalron and "rescue her".
    Hello?! The middleman pitching you this sale is probably making upto 50% of what you pay!
    Next step?
    http://stop-scammers.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=755

a lot have asked for money for plane tickets visias letters from agency's saying i cant correspond until i pay for it but the best one is one wants me to open a bank account to send her money to needless to say i haven't gave them a dime nor did i open that account but now they are getting smarter by getting either yahoo or msn messenger and asking that way when they do i just tell no sorry got no oney for you

a lot have asked for money for plane tickets visias letters from agency's saying i cant correspond until i pay for it but the best one is one wants me to open a bank account to send her money to needless to say i haven't gave them a dime nor did i open that account but now they are getting smarter by getting either yahoo or msn messenger and asking that way when they do i just tell no sorry got no oney for you

Hey ham! As I said, STORIES I have heard, and the word REAL was in quotes. Who knows if a girl is real? Basically, I don't know who or what to believe when it comes to FSU women. Personally, I've only been engaging in corresponding with FSU women for less than 6 mos. Unfortunatly, I am yet to find one who hasn't fallen in love with me in less than 6 e-mails or asked for money in less than 10 e-mails. The FSU is huge! I know there must be some "REAL" women there, but all I get are the "STORIES". I haven't given up yet, but it is frustrating.

Train

Hey ham! As I said, STORIES I have heard, and the word REAL was in quotes. Who knows if a girl is real? Basically, I don't know who or what to believe when it comes to FSU women. Personally, I've only been engaging in corresponding with FSU women for less than 6 mos. Unfortunatly, I am yet to find one who hasn't fallen in love with me in less than 6 e-mails or asked for money in less than 10 e-mails. The FSU is huge! I know there must be some "REAL" women there, but all I get are the "STORIES". I haven't given up yet, but it is frustrating.

Train