Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    imported_admin Guest

Default What to do if you have been scammed

First of all add report with details (story, letters and photos, fake documents, etc.) to the database of Stop-Scammers.com here: http://www.stop-scammers.com/place_report.asp

Then contact agency or web site where her profile is placed, your embassy in her country, FBI, local police,...

More resources for reporting a scam you'll find here: http://www.stop-scammers.com/reporting_resources.asp

FBI and local police do not have the authority to prosecure those scammers. All the agency can do is to take the profile off (if the scammers haven't done that yet). The scammer will register under a different name and start all over again.

If you lost money, report them to WU (or Money Gram) and ask that they put the scammer's name on their black list. Also ask WU to tell you where (what city) the money were received.

Then prosecute by contacting MVD (ministry of internal affairs) office in the city where the money was received. File a formal complaint with them and they will request the local WU to release their records. Once they locate the transaction, they can look up the passport number of the person who received the money. From that point on, the scammers got a problem.

Some scammers work directly with the local WU employees and receive money "under the counter", but those cases are few and far between because it is more expensive for them to do that.

Basically you're screwed. But don't give up. Be more cautious!!! Do everything the other guys said. Next time, look for red flags. You're on this site so you have access to find out what they are. If you meet a girl, no matter how innocent she may seem, check this site's and other data bases. Unforunately, even if you don't find her on a blacklist it doesn't mean she's clean. I'm not advertising for any one agency, but I got suspicious about money requests and found an agency that does background checks. It cost me $107, but that was less than I might have lost in her pocket. Nothing is 100%. The agency could be a scam? They could miss something? As it turns out, the one that almost got me was actually listed on this site before I reported her, only under a different name. Good luck. I think I found a good girl this time around, but I'm still going to have a background check done. Train

Train

There is an independent guy that speaks English that a few guys on this and other forums have been using for independent checks in the Ukraine. He has helped me a lot aznd his charges are very reasonable and also he can also act as a guide/interpreter.

Hi

I am one of those who has been scammed for a period of time.. One thing that bothers me other then just being scammed, is that its not only about some spesific girls.. its the whole agency doing this scam.. I wonder why nobody seem to talk about how to bring THEM down and not only stop one girl or some girls.
    At this time, I know many details on how they operate and how girls are being paid and how much.. This is being done by one of the bigger sites which comes across as one of the most serious ones.
    I have reach a point where I want to get them back and try stop them from fooling hundreds of men every day..
    Any comments from anyone?

quote: I have reach a point where I want to get them back and try stop them from fooling hundreds of men every day..
    Any comments from anyone?
    as i told elsewhere (and your dealing with an agency here just demonstrates it ) it is next to impossible to PROVE that any scam is going on.
    After all, how many domestic women might date you only or mainly because they think you can "give them a good time" (=you have money or gadgets to please them )? How many of those good-time-girls or gold diggers tell you that they are madly in love with your postgraduate dissertation about Spinoza, instead?

Of course, bring heat closer to an agency, and they can perhaps resurrect the dead and mend previously terminally severed contacts...did the girl find your number she had previously "lost", instead? Or did a ringer just get a message from the agency: " Hey Julia...we must bring Nadezhda back to life...sucker#RT43212 is getting suspicious and bad mouthing us ".
    Or they can name & shame you into silence or agreement...you won't believe the sordid mudslinging matches i read waged against disgruntled clients with all sorts of (true or made up) disgusting details.

All in all, it's up to you.
    You'll spend money ( lots of, granted ) and meet women...mileages vary.
    But is that "true because of your wonderful self" or is she just paid five bucks to date you for a couple hours?

I as well am very realistic about myself.
    Come on...
    There are women who are out of my league...if they start drooling over my poor looks, then there must be a reason, and often it isn't my wonderful self.

If "real" means "living", yes many women ARE real; "marriage-minded" is another story; "interested in you" another story still.
    But how would you know they are not "ringers" paid to lead men down the garden path?
    1 they meet people they admit know nothing about, but typically know that such people think they have something going, and do so at the agency's request.
    All i know is that some agencies were known to run "beauty/fashion events" mainly consisting in hiring make-up artists and having a group of attending girls (usually recruited via print ads for such "fashion events" ) pose with different hair styles, color and clothes for both pictures and interviews, typically under several identities (hi I'm Masha; hi I'm Dasha ).

I've just finished a book, which I would like to recommend. I'ts very relevant to the subjects, we bring up here, and though it's not the biggest literary masterpiece, I've read, it's both funny and with a very convincing profile of one of the central gestalts: A young, ukrainian gold digger, marrying a much older western man, whom she believes will be her sugardaddy.

A lot of the things happening in the book I've experienced myself. Threats of being framed (though in my case nothing I could take seriously), the lies, the tantrums, greed etc. So it's very instructive, and with license to artistic freedom, quite accurate.

(Though the title implies differently, it's not a manual for farming, though it can be used as a manual of scammer/gold digger psychology)

Marina Lewycka:

"A Short History of Tractors in Ukrainian"

Viking, Penguin books 2005.

quote:as i told elsewhere (and your dealing with an agency here just demonstrates it ) it is next to impossible to PROVE that any scam is going on.
    After all, how many domestic women might date you only or mainly because they think you can "give them a good time" (=you have money or gadgets to please them )? How many of those good-time-girls or gold diggers tell you that they are madly in love with your postgraduate dissertation about Spinoza, instead?
    Proving it and prosecuting are so damn hard to do if you're not rich and have nothing better to do with your time. It's sad, but our greatest defense is to simply report scammers, and talk about them and how to spot them in the future.

swede, you can read? I save that kind of info for a slightly different forum.

Train returns

Sure PeopleS,

I can read: I could read already, when I was 15. And since then I have read at least half a dozen books. My favourite is the one about the puppy called Spot, which I'm re-reading now for the second time. There are pictures also.

Though when I get outside cartoons, I have to move my lips at the same time, I'm reading. That's because words in the cartoons are so onomatopoetic, like Zap, Sweesh, Wow or just plain Pang. Whereas words like onomatopoetical really aren't very onomatopoetical. There's a paradox hidden somewhere here, I think.

But I still recommend the book about the ukrainian scammer/gold digger.

It's an unfortunate fact, that anti-scam sites can be rather repetitive. But it is unavoidable, because when we have exhausted the practical aspects of the subject, we still have the outer shell left: To inform newbies (a special kind of insect seeking nectar in ukrainian flowers), that they are not alone, and also what to do when they against all advice have been scammed/gold dug. Like telling them, they have been incredible stupid, they will never see their money again or to stop whining, because they after all DID get laid, so what's the problem. We're a friendly and helpful bunch.

If we just waited for someone to come around with the final answer to scamming, there would be a lot of silence here. So in the meantime we psychobabble or bragg about our almost-conquests, according to personal tastes.

swede, the "you can read?" thing was a joke bud! Anyway, I'm partial to X-Men comics myself. But you're right about the newbies, and we can't forget that we were once the same in one form or another.

However, with each new incarnation of victims, or potential victims, ther lie two possible outcomes... the guy who gets scammed, and the guy who doesn't. If rehashing the same old stuff from time to time helps some poor slob (No offense, I was a poor slob too once) then good!

Oh and swede, don't you think words like onomatopoetical are a bit much???[)][)][)]

Train returns