Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Default I need some advice.

I have just recently been contacted by a woman staying in a refugee camp in Africa. It is a story very similar to the one I read in the letter that led me to this forum.
    My question is:
    She is now asking me to contact a bank, (for which she provided me with all the contact information,) and have her money transfered into my bank account, then to send her money so she can arrange plans to leave her current situation and come meet with me. I don't see how this could be a scam.
    Could someone please enlighten me on this issue
    I would truely appreciate any advice.

BEWARE!! THAT IS A SCAM THAT I HAVE HEARD ABOUT HUNDREDS OF TIMES!! NEVER GIVE OUT ANY PERSONAL INFORMATION OR SEND MONEY TO ANYONE YOU NEVER MET!!

SCAM.

Don't reply.

I get stuff like that all the time.

How can she contact you if she?s in a refugee camp and have a bank account ?

SCAM !!

They are just trying new ways.

quote:Originally posted by kralenpregn

I have just recently been contacted by a woman staying in a refugee camp in Africa. It is a story very similar to the one I read in the letter that led me to this forum.
    My question is:
    She is now asking me to contact a bank, (for which she provided me with all the contact information,) and have her money transfered into my bank account, then to send her money so she can arrange plans to leave her current situation and come meet with me. I don't see how this could be a scam.
    Could someone please enlighten me on this issue
    I would truely appreciate any advice.

Oh man,
    Have you never heard of scam?
    I`ll tell you what to do.
    Take a look at http://scambaiter.info
    there you will find a lot of letters like the one you received and you finf a lot of answers from scambaiters to the scammers and hoe they fooled them.
    look at google for a western Union payment slip picture and fill in the form but never use your REAL name. Say you are Jack Winchester from Texas.
    send her the fake payment slip.
    she hurries to the WU and .... no money.[]
    we do it over here in germany this way.
    They send us FAKE documents, ha, we know it. we send fake documents back.
    At http://www.onlinewahn.de you can create your own fake passport,fake newspapers or fake money. We use this and we have a lot of fun.
    Haven?t you seen that famous site of TSB in america and his ANUS Computers??
    For me he is the "HOMBRE"
    He shipped big boxes of junk computers to a scammer.The scammer had to pay the shipping, and I tell you what: the shipping wasn?t cheap.
    My advice: always google for the sender and look at antispam sites.
    Rupert Graf Koks