Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Yes, this is ABSOLUTELY the problem with all of this: the financial aspect.

It seems innocuous enough to write letters, but when you get to the point of actually going to the Ukraine to visit your darlin', it's then that the COST jumps into SHARP focus & begins to take on a life of its own.

To turn my little day-dream into reality, it cost me around $4000 in total just for ONE trip and THAT was to ONE city to see ONE 'lady' for....wait for it....ONE week!!!! So I can easily see how you got through $20000 on three trips.

People considering going there should think carefully.

quote:Originally posted by swdawson

I have made 3 trips to see my lady at ualadys. I was engaged to her. Had the K-1 visa approved and she backed out. She said I did not have enough money to support her. Spent 20,000 dollars in 1 year.
    Never again. But beware scammers are everywhere. They are in the USA as well.

It is all for the money!!!

quote:Originally posted by Anthony Ferrara

Hello All!

Well, all of you can see my recent updated result's re Ua Lady's and Ru Lady's on the info re Marina! As of today, 05/16/2008 I have eliminated my profile from not only UA Lady's and RU Lady's but also AR Lady's!! Sorry but I now feel all of these sites are either only in exsistance for the Money or simply out right Scammer's!!!! I have spen alot of Real Money corresponding with "I thought" a few Serious and Sincere Woman only to offer to come to them and there is alway's something that comes up and they cannot see me!! Well, as the saying goes action's speak louder than word's!! I have to admit that I Truely thought when I was corresponding with Christina #151 at RU Lady's I have finaly found my True Love, She also encouraged me to pour my Heart out to her and wrote to me so many, many Affectionate word's! Well, they were nothing but Inconsiderate and Uncommital word's, Simply said and stated!!!!
    In closeing I think any men who visit and patronise these sites is wasteing thier Money and again as I had stated recently I have No Proof that any Man or Men from any country have Married one of the Women on those sites, Sorry, All BS to me!!

Sincerely,

Tone

Yes, this is ABSOLUTELY the problem with all of this: the financial aspect.

It seems innocuous enough to write letters, but when you get to the point of actually going to the Ukraine to visit your darlin', it's then that the COST jumps into SHARP focus & begins to take on a life of its own.

To turn my little day-dream into reality, it cost me around $4000 in total just for ONE trip and THAT was to ONE city to see ONE 'lady' for....wait for it....ONE week!!!! So I can easily see how you got through $20000 on three trips.

People considering going there should think carefully.

quote:Originally posted by swdawson

I have made 3 trips to see my lady at ualadys. I was engaged to her. Had the K-1 visa approved and she backed out. She said I did not have enough money to support her. Spent 20,000 dollars in 1 year.
    Never again. But beware scammers are everywhere. They are in the USA as well.

It is all for the money!!!

quote:Originally posted by Anthony Ferrara

Hello All!

Well, all of you can see my recent updated result's re Ua Lady's and Ru Lady's on the info re Marina! As of today, 05/16/2008 I have eliminated my profile from not only UA Lady's and RU Lady's but also AR Lady's!! Sorry but I now feel all of these sites are either only in exsistance for the Money or simply out right Scammer's!!!! I have spen alot of Real Money corresponding with "I thought" a few Serious and Sincere Woman only to offer to come to them and there is alway's something that comes up and they cannot see me!! Well, as the saying goes action's speak louder than word's!! I have to admit that I Truely thought when I was corresponding with Christina #151 at RU Lady's I have finaly found my True Love, She also encouraged me to pour my Heart out to her and wrote to me so many, many Affectionate word's! Well, they were nothing but Inconsiderate and Uncommital word's, Simply said and stated!!!!
    In closeing I think any men who visit and patronise these sites is wasteing thier Money and again as I had stated recently I have No Proof that any Man or Men from any country have Married one of the Women on those sites, Sorry, All BS to me!!

Sincerely,

Tone

Blue Horseshoe,
    Was your trip a complete waste of time and money as well? Or did it turn out well with the lady you went to visit? Many post have said to have a few options picked out before visiting because sometimes your first choice is an absolute disaster. Any thoughts on this since you have previously visited?? -Thanks
    skipped

Blue Horseshoe,
    Was your trip a complete waste of time and money as well? Or did it turn out well with the lady you went to visit? Many post have said to have a few options picked out before visiting because sometimes your first choice is an absolute disaster. Any thoughts on this since you have previously visited?? -Thanks
    skipped

Skipped,
    She seemed to be really sincere. We got along great, until the last trip. I hired a Private Investigator to find out everything. I confronted ualadys about it. They require the ladies to answer all letters, some the ladies do not answer themselves. I met many friends in my 3 visits to Zhitomir. It is a great city to visit, but stay away from ualadys. There is an excellent Agency there hearts-connection.net. It is run by a brother and sister. It is ownened by an American that lives in Maryland. He married an Ukrainian and started Agency, because of the way ualadys treats people.
    They do not have a lot of girls, but the ones they have are sincere.

I was hurt really bad by this girl and if anyone else has got any letters from her please let me know. I am going to submit her to the scammer site. It will take me a while. I have so many documents, pictures, ect. She has changed her photos in the last couple of days.

You ask me if she knew about my Job. Yes she did. She has know about it since November. It was a temporary thing. Everybody knows that you can not get a visa without income. I had to prove it to the USCIS, before I could get the K-1 visa.
    I bought her many gifts. We shoped all the time. She spoke to me, my children, my parents on the telephone almost every day. She spoke to the attorney, she even had them convinced that she was serious.
    I have since found out that she was writing other men. She was also afraid to leave her mother. There are all kinds of facts that played in to it.
    I am afraid it was all a scam from the begining.

quote:Originally posted by skipped

Dawson,
    So did she ever ask you upfront about your occupation? Or how much much money you made yearly?? When you were visiting her or taking her out did she want to you buy her many gifts? Did she seem to expect alot of material type things? If you went through all the hassle of getting her a visa then you must have had (or at least it seemed) a meeting of the minds about being engaged or getting married? She knew that you were going through the steps to get her a visa then why did she not say something early on about being so concerned about material items? Sometimes I wonder about all females on this planet. I was considering visiting Zhitomir (not to meet this girl you are speaking of)but now I am not too sure!!

Skipped,
    She seemed to be really sincere. We got along great, until the last trip. I hired a Private Investigator to find out everything. I confronted ualadys about it. They require the ladies to answer all letters, some the ladies do not answer themselves. I met many friends in my 3 visits to Zhitomir. It is a great city to visit, but stay away from ualadys. There is an excellent Agency there hearts-connection.net. It is run by a brother and sister. It is ownened by an American that lives in Maryland. He married an Ukrainian and started Agency, because of the way ualadys treats people.
    They do not have a lot of girls, but the ones they have are sincere.

I was hurt really bad by this girl and if anyone else has got any letters from her please let me know. I am going to submit her to the scammer site. It will take me a while. I have so many documents, pictures, ect. She has changed her photos in the last couple of days.

You ask me if she knew about my Job. Yes she did. She has know about it since November. It was a temporary thing. Everybody knows that you can not get a visa without income. I had to prove it to the USCIS, before I could get the K-1 visa.
    I bought her many gifts. We shoped all the time. She spoke to me, my children, my parents on the telephone almost every day. She spoke to the attorney, she even had them convinced that she was serious.
    I have since found out that she was writing other men. She was also afraid to leave her mother. There are all kinds of facts that played in to it.
    I am afraid it was all a scam from the begining.

Dawson,
    So did she ever ask you upfront about your occupation? Or how much much money you made yearly?? When you were visiting her or taking her out did she want to you buy her many gifts? Did she seem to expect alot of material type things? If you went through all the hassle of getting her a visa then you must have had (or at least it seemed) a meeting of the minds about being engaged or getting married? She knew that you were going through the steps to get her a visa then why did she not say something early on about being so concerned about material items? Sometimes I wonder about all females on this planet. I was considering visiting Zhitomir (not to meet this girl you are speaking of)but now I am not too sure!!

You know, that's a very good question. Actually, I learnt a lot & have to admit that the whole experience of ACTUALLY GOING THERE was quite a steep learning curve for me.

After a year of letters & gifts, I discovered after about 20 minutes of first meeting her & particularly over the next few days, that the whole thing had been bogus.

So why did I keep seeing her? Well, it was either that, or hanging around a Soviet-style apartment I'd rented for two weeks [B)]

This is not to say that I think all the women out there are just in league with their agencies & involved solely in scamming foreign men; it stands to reason that there will be genuine women looking to marry a foreigner. Yet, I would say that from what I've read, that scamming foreign men out of money in return for a 'little romance' is actually quite a popular tale & pastime over there, because even in the most obscure places in the Ukraine, there seems to be a popular knowledge of this.

As for the 'lady' I went to see? You wanna know who she is, don't cha? [)] Well she is Irina #7536 and can now be found on the uadreams site. If you look very carefully at two of her pics, you can actually see the diamond earrings I bought her....

Am I bothered...? NO WAY! I'll tell you why, I didn't fancy her, she's not as attractive in 'real life' as some of her pictures portray [8D], but also I didn't like her attitude at times, either. No, I'm well out of it.

I don't say I'll never go out there again, I may do, but I'll be seeing the sites and treating it as much as a relaxing holiday rather than anything too serious re: meeting my correspondent.

Blue Horseshoe,
    skipped

You know, that's a very good question. Actually, I learnt a lot & have to admit that the whole experience of ACTUALLY GOING THERE was quite a steep learning curve for me.

After a year of letters & gifts, I discovered after about 20 minutes of first meeting her & particularly over the next few days, that the whole thing had been bogus.

So why did I keep seeing her? Well, it was either that, or hanging around a Soviet-style apartment I'd rented for two weeks [B)]

This is not to say that I think all the women out there are just in league with their agencies & involved solely in scamming foreign men; it stands to reason that there will be genuine women looking to marry a foreigner. Yet, I would say that from what I've read, that scamming foreign men out of money in return for a 'little romance' is actually quite a popular tale & pastime over there, because even in the most obscure places in the Ukraine, there seems to be a popular knowledge of this.

As for the 'lady' I went to see? You wanna know who she is, don't cha? [)] Well she is Irina #7536 and can now be found on the uadreams site. If you look very carefully at two of her pics, you can actually see the diamond earrings I bought her....

Am I bothered...? NO WAY! I'll tell you why, I didn't fancy her, she's not as attractive in 'real life' as some of her pictures portray [8D], but also I didn't like her attitude at times, either. No, I'm well out of it.

I don't say I'll never go out there again, I may do, but I'll be seeing the sites and treating it as much as a relaxing holiday rather than anything too serious re: meeting my correspondent.

Blue Horseshoe,
    skipped

Thanks for the info Dawson & Blue horseshoe -skipped

Thanks for the info Dawson & Blue horseshoe -skipped