Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Hey guys! A trip to FSU can weed out most scammers, especially Boris, or anyone using fake photos. My favorite scammer was sooooo in love with me and couldn't wait for me to send "her" money for visa/passport so "she" could come to me and live, but when I told "her" I wanted to visit "her" things changed quickly.

"She" desperately tried to convince me that it would be better for "her" to come to me! Obviously, Boris, granny and all the others who use model pics CAN'T meet you.

Regarding the model pics, I've even heard that Boris will sign up an average girl off the street and simply pay her to take pics. It can be good extra cash for the average girl, and if her pics work on guys like us, she has a steady, easy job.

Something to look for when "she" sends you a pic is numbered pics. Do her personal photos have a numbered title like any pic you'll see in a profile?

My favorite stupid scammer didn't do this. "She" actually renamed the pics to make them more generically personal. Titles like, "for you" or "I love you".

I've said it too, it's a crap shoot! Use some common sense. When they don't answer your questions, it's a form letter. You may get at least 1 or 2 before the scammer decides you may be worth their time to read your letters and respond to your questions.

Most of us have pretty standard questions in our first few e-mails anyway.

Train

Hey Bob, did you ever write Lyudmila S #4001 by the way? I only ask because she called me "Bob" once, and that is what began my slow ascent back to reality last November! 100% cured, and CC/UAL free for 7 months.

Hey Bob, did you ever write Lyudmila S #4001 by the way? I only ask because she called me "Bob" once, and that is what began my slow ascent back to reality last November! 100% cured, and CC/UAL free for 7 months.

Hey Prometheus and all! With all the aliases, who knows? I'm still new at the FSUW thing, but unfortunately I think I've already gained a few stripes.

Since February '07 I've corresponded with at least 30 "women". Understand that over 90% of them flew the red flag by their third or fourth letter, so it's not like I'm a player or anything. I'm serious about the possibility of meeting a good girl, but I'm not a complete fool!

There are letters that I have read before... RED FLAG!!!

An 18 yo child initiates contact... RED FLAG!!! (I'm 43 and somewhat realistic)

"She" falls in love and wants to come to the US after 3 or 4 e-mails... RED FLAG!!!

And of course, "she" needs money for something... RED FLAG!!!

Only 2 "women" made it passed 10 e-mails before I saw an obvious problem, and one actually made it to 20 e-mails before money became an issue.

The one I refer to as "Stupid Scammer" wasn't really that stupid as she is the one who made it past 20 e-mails, but once "she" showed her true colors, I reviewed "her" e-mails and the flags were there. I just didn't see them because I was new at this "game".

In other forums I refer to having paid for a background check. "She" is the one that prompted this action on my part. In the report, I received links to several blacklist sites with her pics, letters and e-mail address (the same e-mail I was writing to).

I call "her" stupid only because after I found out what "she" was, I continued to write and played around with "her" by promising to send money, but always finding an excuse why I couldn't keep my promise. This went on for at least another month until I received the Alex letter.

"She" is the one I made dance a bit when I told "her" I wanted to visit "her" country and meet "her" family and friends before we returned to live in the US.

I could have ignored it, but I've gotten tired of writing "her" and this was a good opportunity to call it quits and leave "her" knowing "she" screwed up and I didn't know "she" was a scammer.

"She" is on this site. Aliases include Irena Bordova, Evgeniya, Alena, Liliya Ahmadulina. "She" has used yahoo personals, rBrides, Sie2Date, Date for free among other sites. "She goes back to the time frame you talk about, so "she" may be Lyumila S too?

If you note, when I refer to a known scammer in a female context, I use quotes. elenag made it clear that "she" just may be Boris!!!

Check out the aliases and let me know if "she" is the same person. By the way, "she" claimed to be between 25 and 28 yo depending which site "she" was using.

Train

Hey Prometheus and all! With all the aliases, who knows? I'm still new at the FSUW thing, but unfortunately I think I've already gained a few stripes.

Since February '07 I've corresponded with at least 30 "women". Understand that over 90% of them flew the red flag by their third or fourth letter, so it's not like I'm a player or anything. I'm serious about the possibility of meeting a good girl, but I'm not a complete fool!

There are letters that I have read before... RED FLAG!!!

An 18 yo child initiates contact... RED FLAG!!! (I'm 43 and somewhat realistic)

"She" falls in love and wants to come to the US after 3 or 4 e-mails... RED FLAG!!!

And of course, "she" needs money for something... RED FLAG!!!

Only 2 "women" made it passed 10 e-mails before I saw an obvious problem, and one actually made it to 20 e-mails before money became an issue.

The one I refer to as "Stupid Scammer" wasn't really that stupid as she is the one who made it past 20 e-mails, but once "she" showed her true colors, I reviewed "her" e-mails and the flags were there. I just didn't see them because I was new at this "game".

In other forums I refer to having paid for a background check. "She" is the one that prompted this action on my part. In the report, I received links to several blacklist sites with her pics, letters and e-mail address (the same e-mail I was writing to).

I call "her" stupid only because after I found out what "she" was, I continued to write and played around with "her" by promising to send money, but always finding an excuse why I couldn't keep my promise. This went on for at least another month until I received the Alex letter.

"She" is the one I made dance a bit when I told "her" I wanted to visit "her" country and meet "her" family and friends before we returned to live in the US.

I could have ignored it, but I've gotten tired of writing "her" and this was a good opportunity to call it quits and leave "her" knowing "she" screwed up and I didn't know "she" was a scammer.

"She" is on this site. Aliases include Irena Bordova, Evgeniya, Alena, Liliya Ahmadulina. "She" has used yahoo personals, rBrides, Sie2Date, Date for free among other sites. "She goes back to the time frame you talk about, so "she" may be Lyumila S too?

If you note, when I refer to a known scammer in a female context, I use quotes. elenag made it clear that "she" just may be Boris!!!

Check out the aliases and let me know if "she" is the same person. By the way, "she" claimed to be between 25 and 28 yo depending which site "she" was using.

Train

No, his was Lyudmila S. (Shevchyuk) #4001 at CC/UAL. There was a guy posting on here named newduke who said he was going over to try and visit "her" in March. Never heard of either of them again!

I agree with all of your red flags. I've found a woman here at home and am content at the moment.

No, his was Lyudmila S. (Shevchyuk) #4001 at CC/UAL. There was a guy posting on here named newduke who said he was going over to try and visit "her" in March. Never heard of either of them again!

I agree with all of your red flags. I've found a woman here at home and am content at the moment.

...to clarify something I said... elenag once advised me not to let the scammer know you know what they are because they will only change e-addresses and names, so I just let the scammer think they ticked me off by calling me Alex.

Also, elenag told me that no matter how much you may want to throw it in the scammer's face, NEVER tell them about a blacklist site that has their info!!!

IF YOU DO, YOU ARE ACTUALLY HELPING THEM!!!!!

Train

...to clarify something I said... elenag once advised me not to let the scammer know you know what they are because they will only change e-addresses and names, so I just let the scammer think they ticked me off by calling me Alex.

Also, elenag told me that no matter how much you may want to throw it in the scammer's face, NEVER tell them about a blacklist site that has their info!!!

IF YOU DO, YOU ARE ACTUALLY HELPING THEM!!!!!

Train

Prometheus, I'm genuinely glad for you having found someone! Recently, there have been a few sarcastic people in the forums, but I'm not one of them.

As a younger man I was a real bad ass and lived for the moment. When I was in my early 20's I actually declared that I had no plans past 25!!!

I'm 43 and that attitude has changed... A LOT!!!

After 7 years in a relationship that in hindsight shouldn't have lasted a year, I simply have widened my search area to the net.

Nothing else has changed. I find there are good and bad everywhere. It's just a little harder to see it from half a world away.

Good luck with your girl!!!!

Train