Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: New website?

Bach, your points are well taken. Thank you.

quote:Unfortunately there are those, as you point out, who try to use religion as a cover for their own failings. Fortunately, God isn't stupid and promises to judge their behaviour.
    i didn't want to debate beliefs or private choices.
    I wanted to address your point about (seemingly) churches or churchgoers being "better" people to meet.
    This point is often being made, but it is a gross oversimplification in my opinion.

quote:Unfortunately there are those, as you point out, who try to use religion as a cover for their own failings. Fortunately, God isn't stupid and promises to judge their behaviour.
    i didn't want to debate beliefs or private choices.
    I wanted to address your point about (seemingly) churches or churchgoers being "better" people to meet.
    This point is often being made, but it is a gross oversimplification in my opinion.

quote:I am soooo done with the aqe difference subject.

Anyways, I am another one of the good stories, but we won't go into it, not like it matters, really.
    quote:A few quotes from some russian woman here who officially disagrees, which prove my point:
    http://www.stop-scammers.com/forum/t...p?TOPIC_ID=351..

quote:I was glad to bail out of Russia. I didn't plan for it to happen that way, but it happened, and I am glad. I never said I loved my husband. I was never looking for a love in the first place. I never said my friends love their husband. I don't think they (my friends) were looking for love either. Their husbands may have been looking for love, but I think they were glad to settle in with their Russian girlfriends, love or not love. We all were looking to GET MARRIED. Start a family. Not be lonely. Have someone to share a life with.

quote: When I was writing to my future hubby, I didn't have any regular job or any education.

quote:I wanted a marriage that would last. So I decided to never marry anyone I am actually in love with.

and

quote:My hubby would send me money for English lessons, and some extra to make sure I can do some fun stuff (like eating pizzas, buying some clothes, going to concerts, or going to Moscow to visit my friends there from time to time), plus for the bus pass , and when I lost my access to free Internet he sent me a laptop (that he bought here and shipped to me by FedEx), he really took care of me and that is the reason why I dumped 100 other guys writing to me and decided to go serious with him. The other guys behaved like weak, indecisive, unreliable people. I said to myself, "I need a man, not a chicken. He is the only one who seems to care enough about me to take care of my needs".

quote:I have been happiliy married to an American for the last 5 years. He paid for my visa, trip to Moscow (to get it), for my tickets (and even extra for some nice things to do while my last few days in Russia), and had given me probably over $1000 in monthly support for months while the paperwork was processed.

there is a discussion elsewhere rather honest (for once) as the above words are.
    So why does a man settle with a girl who doesn't love him? Because he got young meat and arm candy and it's all that matters. A deluded man in a 40yo age gap relationship reluctantly admitted age might represent a problem in the future...and he will deal with it when it becomes a problem. Hmm...yes, i can clearly picture him in his 70s, broke, heartbroken, shaking in despair while senescence takes over.

Why do young (hot) girls settle for old geezers? As statistics and hearsay show, Elena might indeed have had 100 (more likely a much lower number) men writing her, but she stood grim chances of ever seeing any of them ( some consensus claims only around 5% of men involved in the MOB process will visit the FSU ) to start with. Among the very feeble number of prospects who might actually visit her, Elena assuredly had no hunk in his 30s.
    Common sense: weed out the perpetually undecided, keyboard romeos, players, braggarts misrepresenting themselves and many men with serious personality flaws and you are left with one half of one tenth.
    There are wealthy "new russians" riding fancy import cars and living in tzarist era mansions...but they are all taken, or there is a long queue of aspiring beauty queens competing for their favors; so Elena's chances there were even much grimmer.
    Elena might have picked some ordinary Oleg or Igor; she may indeeed have had relationships with those, but come think of it, none would ever afford her the western dream, as small as she might imagine her pot of gold to be.
    So -as the discussion elsewhere candidly admitted- most of these young cute FSUWs are left with "us western losers, social misfits, old geezers and the like".

quote:I personally don't plan to bring mine because I am the provider for them and it is much cheaper to feed and clothe them when they are in Russia than here.
    Very honest. So young cute Elena wanted to do something for her aging parents, besides herself. As seen above, she hadn't 77 choices equally allowing her to fulfill her wishes.

The discussion equally pointed out that one's typical FSUW isn't genetically engineered to like men old enough to be her (grand)father, opposed to western women. Woman are women: from another country, not another planet.

So Elena is very pragmatic, goal-oriented, level-headed and all. She's like drafting a business report, not a love ballad; love is for the poets. As much as i agree with the "love is for the poets" thing, i cannot but wonder at how far anyone's (in Elena's position ) level-headed pragmatism can/will reach.
    I wanted to play the romantic chivalron and got (mis)treated like a deluded buffoon, so that is not the good answer, either.
    One day she might just miss the "spark", or she might just elope in savage outbursts of passion in a bathroom with some young hunk at school...
    After all, pragmatism is not a waffen SS plea of allegiance, but "situational ethics"...what is the best choice here and now might not be the best choice tomorrow and then.

quote:I am soooo done with the aqe difference subject.

Anyways, I am another one of the good stories, but we won't go into it, not like it matters, really.
    quote:A few quotes from some russian woman here who officially disagrees, which prove my point:
    http://www.stop-scammers.com/forum/t...p?TOPIC_ID=351..

quote:I was glad to bail out of Russia. I didn't plan for it to happen that way, but it happened, and I am glad. I never said I loved my husband. I was never looking for a love in the first place. I never said my friends love their husband. I don't think they (my friends) were looking for love either. Their husbands may have been looking for love, but I think they were glad to settle in with their Russian girlfriends, love or not love. We all were looking to GET MARRIED. Start a family. Not be lonely. Have someone to share a life with.

quote: When I was writing to my future hubby, I didn't have any regular job or any education.

quote:I wanted a marriage that would last. So I decided to never marry anyone I am actually in love with.

and

quote:My hubby would send me money for English lessons, and some extra to make sure I can do some fun stuff (like eating pizzas, buying some clothes, going to concerts, or going to Moscow to visit my friends there from time to time), plus for the bus pass , and when I lost my access to free Internet he sent me a laptop (that he bought here and shipped to me by FedEx), he really took care of me and that is the reason why I dumped 100 other guys writing to me and decided to go serious with him. The other guys behaved like weak, indecisive, unreliable people. I said to myself, "I need a man, not a chicken. He is the only one who seems to care enough about me to take care of my needs".

quote:I have been happiliy married to an American for the last 5 years. He paid for my visa, trip to Moscow (to get it), for my tickets (and even extra for some nice things to do while my last few days in Russia), and had given me probably over $1000 in monthly support for months while the paperwork was processed.

there is a discussion elsewhere rather honest (for once) as the above words are.
    So why does a man settle with a girl who doesn't love him? Because he got young meat and arm candy and it's all that matters. A deluded man in a 40yo age gap relationship reluctantly admitted age might represent a problem in the future...and he will deal with it when it becomes a problem. Hmm...yes, i can clearly picture him in his 70s, broke, heartbroken, shaking in despair while senescence takes over.

Why do young (hot) girls settle for old geezers? As statistics and hearsay show, Elena might indeed have had 100 (more likely a much lower number) men writing her, but she stood grim chances of ever seeing any of them ( some consensus claims only around 5% of men involved in the MOB process will visit the FSU ) to start with. Among the very feeble number of prospects who might actually visit her, Elena assuredly had no hunk in his 30s.
    Common sense: weed out the perpetually undecided, keyboard romeos, players, braggarts misrepresenting themselves and many men with serious personality flaws and you are left with one half of one tenth.
    There are wealthy "new russians" riding fancy import cars and living in tzarist era mansions...but they are all taken, or there is a long queue of aspiring beauty queens competing for their favors; so Elena's chances there were even much grimmer.
    Elena might have picked some ordinary Oleg or Igor; she may indeeed have had relationships with those, but come think of it, none would ever afford her the western dream, as small as she might imagine her pot of gold to be.
    So -as the discussion elsewhere candidly admitted- most of these young cute FSUWs are left with "us western losers, social misfits, old geezers and the like".

quote:I personally don't plan to bring mine because I am the provider for them and it is much cheaper to feed and clothe them when they are in Russia than here.
    Very honest. So young cute Elena wanted to do something for her aging parents, besides herself. As seen above, she hadn't 77 choices equally allowing her to fulfill her wishes.

The discussion equally pointed out that one's typical FSUW isn't genetically engineered to like men old enough to be her (grand)father, opposed to western women. Woman are women: from another country, not another planet.

So Elena is very pragmatic, goal-oriented, level-headed and all. She's like drafting a business report, not a love ballad; love is for the poets. As much as i agree with the "love is for the poets" thing, i cannot but wonder at how far anyone's (in Elena's position ) level-headed pragmatism can/will reach.
    I wanted to play the romantic chivalron and got (mis)treated like a deluded buffoon, so that is not the good answer, either.
    One day she might just miss the "spark", or she might just elope in savage outbursts of passion in a bathroom with some young hunk at school...
    After all, pragmatism is not a waffen SS plea of allegiance, but "situational ethics"...what is the best choice here and now might not be the best choice tomorrow and then.

The religion consideration is based out of common sense. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to understand that a lady who takes her religion seriously in most cases will also take seriously the idea of marriage being a sacred sacrament.

Perhaps you are not aware of how Orthodoxy works, but the practice of an Orthodox Christianity does not fit well with the lifestyle and habits of a scammer or someone who is insincere regarding marriage.
    Are there exceptions? Duh. But when one is looking for a wife in an international setting, he needs to narrow down his choices for the best chance of success. Thinks like politics, personal philosophies, religion, etc are all important factors to consider for compatability.

The sytle of Orthodox worship with no seats and all standing, movement about to pray at various icons, the quiet atmosphere etc is very different from a Roman Catholic or Protestant setting. Therefore wife hunting in an Orthodox church would be futile. But finding a lady who sincerely practices her faith could help some guys narrow down their choices. It that is not the route you would take, so be it, but don't belittle it for other men who might find it a valuable and sincere tool.

The religion consideration is based out of common sense. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to understand that a lady who takes her religion seriously in most cases will also take seriously the idea of marriage being a sacred sacrament.

Perhaps you are not aware of how Orthodoxy works, but the practice of an Orthodox Christianity does not fit well with the lifestyle and habits of a scammer or someone who is insincere regarding marriage.
    Are there exceptions? Duh. But when one is looking for a wife in an international setting, he needs to narrow down his choices for the best chance of success. Thinks like politics, personal philosophies, religion, etc are all important factors to consider for compatability.

The sytle of Orthodox worship with no seats and all standing, movement about to pray at various icons, the quiet atmosphere etc is very different from a Roman Catholic or Protestant setting. Therefore wife hunting in an Orthodox church would be futile. But finding a lady who sincerely practices her faith could help some guys narrow down their choices. It that is not the route you would take, so be it, but don't belittle it for other men who might find it a valuable and sincere tool.

Cooldadman, you waste the profession of your faith here. No Orthodox man would seek a wife outside of the church, and no Orthodox woman would seek a man or consent to marriage as a MOB. For the most part, the only true Russian/Western marriages are those that are made and continue to exist in the Orthodox faith. I tell my friends that being Orthodox is like riding a bicycle. I can tell you about siting on the seat, and peddling, I can try I explain the principles of Newton's Laws and aerodynamics, but until you actually climb on board and pedal, you will never understand. Christ is in our midst, and blessed Pentecost.

Cooldadman, you waste the profession of your faith here. No Orthodox man would seek a wife outside of the church, and no Orthodox woman would seek a man or consent to marriage as a MOB. For the most part, the only true Russian/Western marriages are those that are made and continue to exist in the Orthodox faith. I tell my friends that being Orthodox is like riding a bicycle. I can tell you about siting on the seat, and peddling, I can try I explain the principles of Newton's Laws and aerodynamics, but until you actually climb on board and pedal, you will never understand. Christ is in our midst, and blessed Pentecost.

quote:The sytle of Orthodox worship with no seats and all standing, movement about to pray at various icons, the quiet atmosphere etc is very different from a Roman Catholic or Protestant setting. Therefore wife hunting in an Orthodox church would be futile. But finding a lady who sincerely practices her faith could help some guys narrow down their choices. It that is not the route you would take, so be it, but don't belittle it for other men who might find it a valuable and sincere tool.
    i said i don't care to discuss private choice and morals, but there is no guarantee churchgoers of any denomination be "better" than non-churchgoers.
    Sure, if one "takes her faith seriously"...but how would you know?
    A man recently got scammed in a FSU-MOB scam scheme.
    He then turned to some christian dating site.
    My not so wild guess is that he connected the dots like you did.
    He hoped faith would act as an antidote against greed and abuse, but he was taken for a ride again by an african "christian" scammer.
    As noted, strictly religious people like ones you refer to, are the most unlikely to be found trolling the WWW/LD/MOB scene.