Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: New website?

Bach, better dust off the history books. Both Russia and Spain claimed North Calif, at the time only Russia has viable outposts. I said nothing about Southern Cal and made that clear. Better take a ride up the Russian river (that's still it's name) and learn more of the history too.

Putin's comments are easy to check. Just go to any Russian news source. If would help if you read Russian but the Russian world broadcast service does hold English language versions in the archives. As does Radio Mayak.

As to whether or not it is truly a "drain," that is not for either of us to debate. The reality is that Putin and other national leaders have made it an issue. You should know by now that politicians don't need facts to enact laws!

I would agree about the potential damage of the new IMBRA law. That makes no sense to me. On the other hand, the US goverment has required background checks of RW coming here for a long time. So perhaps it's somewhat fair.

I'm not certain why it pays to so so upset over old photos, etc. Any man interested in a gal surely can ask her for recent photos. And he should provide the same for her. Sniffing out a scammer isn't that difficult either...unless you simply are a bumbling idiot.

I lived in Russia and met and married my wife there. However I know several guys who have written RW, wrote more than one, traveled, and eventually married. Last year two of my friends did just that. Interestingly both ended up engaged to different ladies than they were writing.

Because of the time I spend in both countries (and in Ukraine) I get to see lot of AM and will tell you that "we" make some of the most silly and stupid mistakes in approaching and dating FSU ladies. Sometimes I shake my head in amazement that anybody is successful in getting married. On the other hand there are men who come over very focused, realistic, and have researched the culture and customs. These are the guys who seem to get their pick and return home successful.

Okay, I am not familiar with several of the lists mentioned lately here. Who/what are the Antidate girls? And the Russian Women's Guide?

Of the men on this list I'd like to take a poll:
    1) Who are the largest 3 agencies in Russia?
    2) Largest 3 in Ukraine?

3) Who has the reputation of being the most dishonest agency in Russia?

4) Who is most dishonest in Ukraine?

5) Of the times you have traveled to Russia/Ukraine/Belarussia, what was your biggest success?

5a) What was your largest disappointment?

Thanks for participating.

[quote]Originally posted by cooldadman
    Better take a ride up the Russian river (that's still it's name) and learn more of the history too.

I am not American, have no need to visit so your suggestion is frankly, irrelevant.

Perhaps your next 'crusade' might be to educate your ignorant fellow Americans of which it seems there is an endless supply. I'd suggest starting from the Whitehouse down, perhaps??.

Putin's comments are easy to check.

Forgive me if I decline to slavishly follow all that comes from his mouth. Not especially interested.

I'm still curious as to why you need to boast about your achievements to complete strangers on a forum. Surely you'd have more appropriate ways of expressing your opinions

You state facts, yet you provide no
    sources to illustate your views. Hardly the guise of a journalist?

You say you were with a'major network' but neglect to show us any evidence . Interesting. Show us some links to the extensive literature you have compiled over the years. Article names, journal names, publication dates you get the picture.

[quote]Originally posted by cooldadman
    Better take a ride up the Russian river (that's still it's name) and learn more of the history too.

I am not American, have no need to visit so your suggestion is frankly, irrelevant.

Perhaps your next 'crusade' might be to educate your ignorant fellow Americans of which it seems there is an endless supply. I'd suggest starting from the Whitehouse down, perhaps??.

Putin's comments are easy to check.

Forgive me if I decline to slavishly follow all that comes from his mouth. Not especially interested.

I'm still curious as to why you need to boast about your achievements to complete strangers on a forum. Surely you'd have more appropriate ways of expressing your opinions

You state facts, yet you provide no
    sources to illustate your views. Hardly the guise of a journalist?

You say you were with a'major network' but neglect to show us any evidence . Interesting. Show us some links to the extensive literature you have compiled over the years. Article names, journal names, publication dates you get the picture.

quote:Originally posted by bach1685

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fort_Ross%2C_California

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russian...f_the_Americas

They were merely trading outposts.

Keep trying.

well, yes Vikings reached America CENTURIES before Columbus.
    A legend says Columbus saw or heard of a map portraying shores of a new world (but at the time you had plenty of fantasy lands on maps) and the map was of viking origin.
    The "trading outpost" works poorly documenting "russian colonization" outside Alaska.
    You had "outposts" in the far west by the French and Metis ages before "society" came.
    Any number of runaways or fur traders could "set up an outpost"...which might merely consist in a hearth and a few tents...that is far from claiming "Russia" was entitled to the territory.

quote:As to whether or not it is truly a "drain," that is not for either of us to debate. The reality is that Putin and other national leaders have made it an issue. You should know by now that politicians don't need facts to enact laws!

I would agree about the potential damage of the new IMBRA law. That makes no sense to me. On the other hand, the US goverment has required background checks of RW coming here for a long time. So perhaps it's somewhat fair.
    well, as i said elsewhere...the MOB fad is...fading.

Keep trying.

A legend says Columbus saw or heard of a map portraying shores of a new world (but at the time you had plenty of fantasy lands on maps) and the map was of viking origin.
    The "trading outpost" works poorly documenting "russian colonization" outside Alaska.
    You had "outposts" in the far west by the French and Metis ages before "society" came.
    Any number of runaways or fur traders could "set up an outpost"...which might merely consist in a hearth and a few tents...that is far from claiming "Russia" was entitled to the territory.

quote:As to whether or not it is truly a "drain," that is not for either of us to debate. The reality is that Putin and other national leaders have made it an issue. You should know by now that politicians don't need facts to enact laws!

well, as i said elsewhere...the MOB fad is...fading.

quote:Originally posted by ham
    Commercial forums are a damn joke!

Now the survivors of the band of clowns relocated to RWD.
    It is funny such a nutty house of agency pimps as old RWG turned into an antidate franchise...
    I personally don't see TomT, or ScottJay, or Shadow, etc. as "agency pimps" at all. I personally never heard them pimping for any agency (although they might have in the past, before I was there). I don't think they care much for any agencies in particular.

I cannot agree more on the "franchise" part of the comment. It is pretty amazing.

Commercial forums are a damn joke!

Now the survivors of the band of clowns relocated to RWD.
    It is funny such a nutty house of agency pimps as old RWG turned into an antidate franchise...
    I personally don't see TomT, or ScottJay, or Shadow, etc. as "agency pimps" at all. I personally never heard them pimping for any agency (although they might have in the past, before I was there). I don't think they care much for any agencies in particular.

I cannot agree more on the "franchise" part of the comment. It is pretty amazing.

Although there were some agency owners who were "pimping," it is true.

Although there were some agency owners who were "pimping," it is true.

Keep trying.

Why don't you guys open a new HISTORY section of the board?