Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: New website?

quote:Originally posted by ham

quote:Originally posted by bach1685

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fort_Ross%2C_California

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russian...f_the_Americas

They were merely trading outposts.

Keep trying.

well, yes Vikings reached America CENTURIES before Columbus.
    A legend says Columbus saw or heard of a map portraying shores of a new world (but at the time you had plenty of fantasy lands on maps) and the map was of viking origin.
    The "trading outpost" works poorly documenting "russian colonization" outside Alaska.
    You had "outposts" in the far west by the French and Metis ages before "society" came.
    Any number of runaways or fur traders could "set up an outpost"...which might merely consist in a hearth and a few tents...that is far from claiming "Russia" was entitled to the territory.
    Why don't you guys open a new HISTORY section of the board?

quote:Originally posted by cooldadman
    Okay, I am not familiar with several of the lists mentioned lately here. Who/what are the Antidate girls? And the Russian Women's Guide?
    Google! Google is your friend!
    I think it would be better not to post direct links here or some innocent-minded RW-hating fool may go there and be devoured alive by the sharp-teethed flying monkeys (I remember there were such characters in the Wizard of Oz).... [)]

quote:Originally posted by cooldadman
    Okay, I am not familiar with several of the lists mentioned lately here. Who/what are the Antidate girls? And the Russian Women's Guide?
    Google! Google is your friend!
    I think it would be better not to post direct links here or some innocent-minded RW-hating fool may go there and be devoured alive by the sharp-teethed flying monkeys (I remember there were such characters in the Wizard of Oz).... [)]

This way we at least won't feel responsible for his premature and painful demise...

This way we at least won't feel responsible for his premature and painful demise...

quote:Originally posted by elenag

Keep trying.

A legend says Columbus saw or heard of a map portraying shores of a new world (but at the time you had plenty of fantasy lands on maps) and the map was of viking origin.
    The "trading outpost" works poorly documenting "russian colonization" outside Alaska.
    You had "outposts" in the far west by the French and Metis ages before "society" came.
    Any number of runaways or fur traders could "set up an outpost"...which might merely consist in a hearth and a few tents...that is far from claiming "Russia" was entitled to the territory.
    well, it isn't going to get you a sale [)][)] but i think misconceptions should be addressed

Keep trying.

well, it isn't going to get you a sale [)][)] but i think misconceptions should be addressed

Although there were some agency owners who were "pimping," it is true.
    Only "some"?
    Old RWG was the filthiest hotbed of agency owners & middlemen ever.
    You'd get honey dew letters to join one of the 19 agencies pimped by the oddball-pundits. If you turned deaf ear, they'd turn against you.
    From privileges to immunity to space for "invaluable advice columns", all was "negotiable" there, including their honor...good old "Jack, Jim and Dan" games you must be very familiar with.
    Now tha band of clowns relocated to RWD, after RWG got sold for tidy amounts of money (in the face of those who claim it's public service & there is no money to be made ).
    The band of clowns planted seeds in other places as well.
    They even sent a moron to RWA to harass me under multiple aliases, and to pester the forum's owner with stories about my "agenda".
    Now you get you're dealing with nutcases reading how this weirdo described himself
    quote:POINT? I\'m divorced. 35 years old. Qualified nuclear reactor operator ( designs S1W, S5W, S5G). Expert on robotic systems.
    One of the many aliases he admitted to having pointed to a community college idiot looking like actor Robert Davi.
    Can anyone get more fake than that?

Although there were some agency owners who were "pimping," it is true.
    Only "some"?
    Old RWG was the filthiest hotbed of agency owners & middlemen ever.
    You'd get honey dew letters to join one of the 19 agencies pimped by the oddball-pundits. If you turned deaf ear, they'd turn against you.
    From privileges to immunity to space for "invaluable advice columns", all was "negotiable" there, including their honor...good old "Jack, Jim and Dan" games you must be very familiar with.
    Now tha band of clowns relocated to RWD, after RWG got sold for tidy amounts of money (in the face of those who claim it's public service & there is no money to be made ).
    The band of clowns planted seeds in other places as well.
    They even sent a moron to RWA to harass me under multiple aliases, and to pester the forum's owner with stories about my "agenda".
    Now you get you're dealing with nutcases reading how this weirdo described himself
    quote:POINT? I\'m divorced. 35 years old. Qualified nuclear reactor operator ( designs S1W, S5W, S5G). Expert on robotic systems.
    One of the many aliases he admitted to having pointed to a community college idiot looking like actor Robert Davi.
    Can anyone get more fake than that?

Well.....cooldadman is doing a pretty good job.