Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default I want to believe

I am currently corresponding with a woman from Barranquilla Columbia. She comes across as a real sweetheart. She has not asked me for money.
    She was introduced to me from a woman that was a friend for a while from the Latin-Wife.com website. I have found the company to be very responsible to me as a client. That really has nothing to do with it but the woman I know named "Helen" found a man and liked me as a friend so she introduced me to Johanamaria. I wonder if anyone has a method to determine if an individual is who they say they are or any techniques to detect a scam. I do not want to fly all the way from Phoenix to Columbia only to find out Johanamaria is a 60 year old toothless hag. She has not given me any indication she is a fraud. She has not proclaimed love for me within a week of our initial correspondence. My gut is saying stick it out and see what happens.

Um this is weird responding to my own post but, I also wanted to say she is currently enrolled in school and wants to finish before she even considers leaving her country (I asked her long term goals). Also she wants to meet me (obviously) before moving forward. We have agreed to meet in July.

1st rule is don't send money. Just about everyone will tell you that. She hasn't asked and don't offer any! Personally, I've been corresponding with a Russian lady and don't know much about the site you met your lady on, but a common thread of advise I have received and pass on is not to send money. If you want to meet this girl, it will cost more to do it in a "safer" way. Contact the US Embassy or the web site and find out what is required for her to come here and how to make these arrangements with the government yourself. Make flight arrangements yourself. Purchase tickets that only you (as the purchaser) can refund. These are things I have learned, but keep your eyes and ears open as their are others who know far more than I do. Good Luck!!!

Train

Thanks Train,
    I figured that. I work too hard for it to just send it away.
    Money is not a relationship. Are you recommending getting her to come here versus visiting her on her own turf first?
    Thanks
    No_Trust

visas are nearly impossible to obtain. don't be lazy and travel yourself.
    trying to get her to travel will only pave the way to visa-travel scams.

Thanks Ham,
    I have read many of your solid advice posts. I have plans to travel there (Barranquilla) in July. Until then I am chilling.
    No_

Thanks Ham,
    I have read many of your solid advice posts. I have plans to travel there (Barranquilla) in July. Until then I am chilling.
    No_

besides, which "real, decent" woman would pizza-deliver herself to the doorstep of a complete stranger "met" only weeks earlier over the internet, who might be a felon on parole?

besides, which "real, decent" woman would pizza-deliver herself to the doorstep of a complete stranger "met" only weeks earlier over the internet, who might be a felon on parole?

MY FRIEND - DO NOT SEND THE MONEY.

Like you I have been in this siuation, with Africans. You want to believe I know, but don't. I wanted to believe as well and you know I am as hard headed as they come. Your girl is most likely a man. Just get that in your head and keep it there. She don't exist as you think. It feels like you have been dumped, I know I felt like it.

JUST FIGHT THOSE EMOTIONS 'SHE' IS A MAN FORGET HER.

Regards from London, England.

stephen