Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Customs Supervision Fee

I've been communication with a "Student" in lugansk.... she has sent me photos of her holding photos of me.... she has sent scans of her passport and visa (embassy is currently verifying)

Now she says she needs $1680 for "customs supervision" to leave the Ukraine..... is this a scam?

DUH!!!

It's a scam of course.

Delete her emails, forget you ever knew her. You're wasting your time and money.

DON'T DELETE HER E-MAILS!!!!!

Personally, one of the reasons I joined this site is the sharing of information!!! Take everything you have, letters she wrote, photos, name she used, passport copy, her street address, e-mail address, what site you met her on, etc... put everything in a zip and send it to this site! Let others know about this person.

Train

Delete the emails and get a life.......no doubt his emails are similar to many others.

Spend your money/time on something useful. If you can't figure out a simple scam then you better not even try looking overseas for a partner.

It's obvious that bach1685 must have recently given up a lot of money to a scammer. Wally, I'm not a world traveler and I've never heard of "cusotms supervision" fee? You might want to pay a few bucks for an ant-scam check. It costs from about $20 USD on up depending on how much info and detail you ask for. They're not a 100%, but nothing is.

Train

Or go online, find the web site of your Embassy in Kiev, and check the requirements for traveling. The Embassy stuff can also provide help by email and phone.

Thanks to everyone for their input!!!! I've seen my share of dating scams and they are usually easily figured out.....Elena, The US embassy website in Kiev doesn't have much information on it... and nothing that applies to Ukranians leaving the Ukraine. However, There is a new Visa phone center (US Embassy operated)that will answer all visa questions for a nominal cost. It was set up to help with the K1 marriage visas, but you can ask about other visas also.

Train, do you have a web addr for the anti scam checks?

try googling "Ukraine USA travel requirements" (if you are not from USA, use your country name, of course).

try googling "Ukraine USA travel requirements" (if you are not from USA, use your country name, of course).

If you could, post relevant links here, so everyone in the future could check them, too