Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default New Potential Sites!

Hey guys...

As much as we should post about the bad sites, what is the alternative? Let's create a thread sharing some sites we may think could have potential. All the sites out there can't be BAD...can they?

Here's my first one that I am having fun with so far but want to get other opinions. Has anyone head of or used this site. I also like the FAQ's from the owner. It also seems to be based here in the US

russian women personals

Any input would be nice

Hey onthebeaches007! I'm with you on the search for "safe" sites, but how can anyone make that determination? It's a friggin crap shoot!!! I could be dead wrong and it wouldn't be the first time but, as I understand the general financial situation of many single women in the FSU, they can't afford to pay much(if anything)to apply to these sites, that's why we pay. Now, for the site to do a background check on every girl who submits a profile it would cost them quite a bit of money I'm sure. Naturally, since the girls can't afford to pay, the men who then buy memberships would pay more. Scammers who haven't been caught yet, or fresh faces would have a field day on a "safe" site. I met a "good" one, but still plan to pay for a background check, but that's still no guarantee.

What I would like to see is a lst of "safe" travel agents listed by the embassy of which ever country a guy might be from. That might be easier? Never having to send money to a person, but direct to an agency that your government has approved to do business with for visas etc. But we know that'll never happen! Good luck and I'll check the site you mentioned. Thanks. Wish I could be more optimistic.

Train

Where does the idea that she have to come to you first came from? If nothing else, it is not safe for the ladies. If she has a half a brain, she will not travel to a country where her well-being depends wholely on a guy she never been alone with in a room before.

Hey elenag! Since this thread was started, we've had some dealings outside of the forums, so you know the answer to that question now. And regardless of who(or what) I or any other guy may be corresponding with, if and when the subject of a "real" meeting arises, each and every guy out here would feel "safer" making any travel arrangements to or from the FSU through a legitimate travel agency with ties to the FSU.

Whether the guy travels to the FSU first or not, I would imagine that a "real" FSU based travel agent would better understand, and therefore, be better able to legally cut through the red tape involved in a single FSUW obtaining a visa to the US or other countries. I fully understand that NO one, legal agency or otherwise, is capable of circumventing any paricular countries policies, requirements, regulations, or waiting periods for obtaining an entry visa into a particular country for a single FSUW!!!

I personally have been tempted by what I believe to be a scam ring operating with "set-up" "girls" on various websites, who then refer to a travel ageny who could help provide visa/passport/airfare packages.

The lure is that the amount they proposed to charge, and the amount of time for processing, was very realistic. Visa/passport around $300 USD and round trip airfare for around $900 USD. It is explained that a round trip ticket is required to ensure that the lady has a means to return home for both entry requirements and her security. 30 days to obtain a US visa. Obviously, these scammers have done some price/time research to make everything seem realistic, and I think that makes them dangerous.

They dropped the ball when they said to send money through WU in the agency manager's name!!!

I honestly don't know how things work over there, but I would think a "real" agency would except visa or some other CC for payment?

I look forward to your insight as well as anyone else with any REAL input.

I'm thinking about starting a new thread concerning this particular suject? FSU travel agencies good and bad...What do all think?

Train

Hey elenag! Since this thread was started, we've had some dealings outside of the forums, so you know the answer to that question now. And regardless of who(or what) I or any other guy may be corresponding with, if and when the subject of a "real" meeting arises, each and every guy out here would feel "safer" making any travel arrangements to or from the FSU through a legitimate travel agency with ties to the FSU.

Whether the guy travels to the FSU first or not, I would imagine that a "real" FSU based travel agent would better understand, and therefore, be better able to legally cut through the red tape involved in a single FSUW obtaining a visa to the US or other countries. I fully understand that NO one, legal agency or otherwise, is capable of circumventing any paricular countries policies, requirements, regulations, or waiting periods for obtaining an entry visa into a particular country for a single FSUW!!!

I personally have been tempted by what I believe to be a scam ring operating with "set-up" "girls" on various websites, who then refer to a travel ageny who could help provide visa/passport/airfare packages.

The lure is that the amount they proposed to charge, and the amount of time for processing, was very realistic. Visa/passport around $300 USD and round trip airfare for around $900 USD. It is explained that a round trip ticket is required to ensure that the lady has a means to return home for both entry requirements and her security. 30 days to obtain a US visa. Obviously, these scammers have done some price/time research to make everything seem realistic, and I think that makes them dangerous.

They dropped the ball when they said to send money through WU in the agency manager's name!!!

I honestly don't know how things work over there, but I would think a "real" agency would except visa or some other CC for payment?

I look forward to your insight as well as anyone else with any REAL input.

I'm thinking about starting a new thread concerning this particular suject? FSU travel agencies good and bad...What do all think?

Train

[quote]Originally posted by Ihearmytrain

No self respecting FSUW would EVER come visit a stranger in a strange country at a moments notice. If any woman says she's willing to consider such a move after a short period of knowing you it's HIGHLY SUSPPECT.

Travel Agencies?. They sell tickets. They no nothing about Immigration law and most likely are happy to take her money to apply for a Visa she has little hope of getting. Treat any claims from Russian 'Travel Agents' with the suspicion they deserve.

Most young, single women from Russia and poorer countries are deemed as potential visa overstayers and even if you know your girl would return home she'll still be regarded by Immigration authorities as a flight risk.

To get a tourist Visa she needs to be a business professional, have access to her own funds (depositing a few dollars in her account before she applies WON'T CUT IT.)

She has to PROVE she will return home. For example to run her legitimate business or look after her family, etc.

Ultimately the 18 yo cutie is going to find it almost impossible to meet the requirements for the visa.

[quote]Originally posted by Ihearmytrain

No self respecting FSUW would EVER come visit a stranger in a strange country at a moments notice. If any woman says she's willing to consider such a move after a short period of knowing you it's HIGHLY SUSPPECT.

Travel Agencies?. They sell tickets. They no nothing about Immigration law and most likely are happy to take her money to apply for a Visa she has little hope of getting. Treat any claims from Russian 'Travel Agents' with the suspicion they deserve.

Most young, single women from Russia and poorer countries are deemed as potential visa overstayers and even if you know your girl would return home she'll still be regarded by Immigration authorities as a flight risk.

To get a tourist Visa she needs to be a business professional, have access to her own funds (depositing a few dollars in her account before she applies WON'T CUT IT.)

She has to PROVE she will return home. For example to run her legitimate business or look after her family, etc.

Ultimately the 18 yo cutie is going to find it almost impossible to meet the requirements for the visa.

Train, I'm sure that Elena will give you good advice and don't be shocked, but I agree with Bach's post too. There are real and legit travel agencies based in western countries which have a formal certification to do business in Russia and Ukraine. These agencies are required to maintain a Russian or Ukrainian office in addition to any western country offices. They are licensed in the FSU.

Here is how you can tell a legit western based agency from some small outfit just selling tickets: A legitimate travel agency with Russian certification can offer you a "letter of invitation" to apply for a Russian visa. An agency which does not have this privilege is not licensed or recognized by the Russian govt.

For example since I'm in the western USA, I use East-West-Tours, a Seattle travel company certified in Russia and in Ukraine. They can issue the letter of invitation (free) which is needed for Russia but not Ukraine, hand carry my visa application into the Seattle Consulate on my behalf, go back and pick it up in a few days and Fedx it to me, and they are a major ticket consolidator of Aeroflot and Aerosvit. That means big savings on tickets.

I've used them for almost a decade and a couple of times when running into schedule snags while in the FSU, they have stepped up and fixed things on my behalf to get me home on time. I've heard of good ones on the East coast and in the Chicago area but have not used them myself.

I really don't understand why guys are tempted to send money to bring an unknown stranger here? It boggles my mind. A man really needs to get on a plane and go live in her neighborhood, watch her interact with family, friends, and coworkers, and get a feel for her character in her natural environment. Bringing her here first (almost impossible) where a lady of unknown and unproven character will see wealth and opportunity at every turn, is one of the dumbest ideas one could imagine.

Train, I'm sure that Elena will give you good advice and don't be shocked, but I agree with Bach's post too. There are real and legit travel agencies based in western countries which have a formal certification to do business in Russia and Ukraine. These agencies are required to maintain a Russian or Ukrainian office in addition to any western country offices. They are licensed in the FSU.

Here is how you can tell a legit western based agency from some small outfit just selling tickets: A legitimate travel agency with Russian certification can offer you a "letter of invitation" to apply for a Russian visa. An agency which does not have this privilege is not licensed or recognized by the Russian govt.

For example since I'm in the western USA, I use East-West-Tours, a Seattle travel company certified in Russia and in Ukraine. They can issue the letter of invitation (free) which is needed for Russia but not Ukraine, hand carry my visa application into the Seattle Consulate on my behalf, go back and pick it up in a few days and Fedx it to me, and they are a major ticket consolidator of Aeroflot and Aerosvit. That means big savings on tickets.

I've used them for almost a decade and a couple of times when running into schedule snags while in the FSU, they have stepped up and fixed things on my behalf to get me home on time. I've heard of good ones on the East coast and in the Chicago area but have not used them myself.

I really don't understand why guys are tempted to send money to bring an unknown stranger here? It boggles my mind. A man really needs to get on a plane and go live in her neighborhood, watch her interact with family, friends, and coworkers, and get a feel for her character in her natural environment. Bringing her here first (almost impossible) where a lady of unknown and unproven character will see wealth and opportunity at every turn, is one of the dumbest ideas one could imagine.

Hey Cooldadman

Very good info and I agree regarding bringing a stranger here. I dated a woman in Italy who decided to come here and visit and pay for her own flight. At the end of 6 months, she got cold feet and I was too stupid to understand I should have gone there and inserted myself in her world. In the end, she lost her ticket (700US) and I lost her. When I look back at our conversations I see how excited she got when I mentioned going over there to see her. I should have just stepped up to the plate and grabbed a flight instead of worrying about her losing her ticket.

BTW...we had a great 6 months and talked every day for 2 to 3 hours. Sent many gifts and letters through the mail and texted each other via cell phone many times a day. It was pure bliss and it could have worked for her to come here first because of our closeness and how much we knew each other. However, still a better idea to go visit her first so I could insert myself in her world. Not only does this allow me to see what she's all about, it takes most of the fear away from the equation of her coming here. In her case, I feel she was SO afraid of rejection she wasn't willing to take the chance to fly to another land 8,000 miles away from home with the possibility to be rejected. Had she been more confident it would have worked out but this was not the case. So, no mater what the circumstances are, (and ours was about as perfect as you can get) its best to go see her first.

Thanks for the info and the name of the Travel Agency. Good info!!!