Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Is this a new "methodology" being used?

SCENARIO--

There is a big "boat-load" of money to be stashed into a foreign bank account, somewhere; and, I have been invited to help, in this.

There is this guy who seems to be a "pimp" for the woman. (Not a pimp in the "traditional" sense, of course: but, he is still "pimping")

The money will be transferred as soon as I can raise a Bank Guarantee, to ensure he gets his [pimp] fees, which are pretty high!!

Has anyone, here, seen this idea afloat? The using of Bank Guarantees?

This is not a typical "419 Scam", as I have seen: especially coming out of Nigeria.

419 Advance Fee Fraud is the often-used phrase, regarding getting fleeced, IN ADVANCE. But, I don't see any way of getting defrauded, through the idea of them wanting to be guaranteed their payment, through the raising of a Bank Guarantee.

Are there any bank financial officers out there, who are also STREET SMART? (viz., those who know how the criminals operate).

The solution is STAGGERINGLY simple.

Delete the email and forget all about it.

Problem solved.

Problem solved.

quote:Originally posted by bach1685

Problem solved.

For one, you are not a bank financial officer. If you "caught the drift" (which you did not), you would have given the input that I really was looking for (namely, "how bank guarantees function to perpetrate a fraud").

I am not looking for the obvious (simplistic) answer that you gave.

Anybody else?
    Can anybody else, through personal experience, see what this new methodology is all about?

Is anybody else, here, at least old enough to have read the books "To Catch a Thief" and, correspondingly, the second one, "To Kill a Mockingbird"?

quote:Originally posted by bach1685

Problem solved.

For one, you are not a bank financial officer. If you "caught the drift" (which you did not), you would have given the input that I really was looking for (namely, "how bank guarantees function to perpetrate a fraud").

I am not looking for the obvious (simplistic) answer that you gave.

Anybody else?
    Can anybody else, through personal experience, see what this new methodology is all about?

Is anybody else, here, at least old enough to have read the books "To Catch a Thief" and, correspondingly, the second one, "To Kill a Mockingbird"?

shashlik, I'm not a banker, but honestly, I could almost swear I heard this scenario in a movie. I almost want to say it was "The Sting" w/ Redford + Newman? I'm being serious about this. Personally, I'd be leery about it. I really don't understand how you make a profit from this deal? You're guaranteeing the"pimps" money, but where's yours coming from? He walks away with his, but if you're the one guaranteeing this deal, the bank will come after you for any short fall and "the pimp" walks away clean with your guaranteed money... I hope a financial expert chimes in on this because now I'm curious how it would work?

Train

shashlik, I'm not a banker, but honestly, I could almost swear I heard this scenario in a movie. I almost want to say it was "The Sting" w/ Redford + Newman? I'm being serious about this. Personally, I'd be leery about it. I really don't understand how you make a profit from this deal? You're guaranteeing the"pimps" money, but where's yours coming from? He walks away with his, but if you're the one guaranteeing this deal, the bank will come after you for any short fall and "the pimp" walks away clean with your guaranteed money... I hope a financial expert chimes in on this because now I'm curious how it would work?

Train

Sorry shaslik. I guess unlike you I have more important things to do than chase one's tale over some unsolicited mail or otherwise happened to come my way.

Hey, why don't you use what little brain power you possess and enquire at your local financial institution?.

Or better go ahead with the 'scenario' and lose the shirt off your back??.

Either way could I care less???......frankly NO.

Sorry shaslik. I guess unlike you I have more important things to do than chase one's tale over some unsolicited mail or otherwise happened to come my way.

Hey, why don't you use what little brain power you possess and enquire at your local financial institution?.

Or better go ahead with the 'scenario' and lose the shirt off your back??.

Either way could I care less???......frankly NO.

Hey shashlik! How's life? Hope a banker checks in to answer this question you have, I'm curious.

A side note, have you noticed that lately, there seem to be some self-important individuals on this site?

It seems like some people have nothing better to do with their lives than to put down, belittle and criticize other people's questions and/or comments. I saw a guy complain because someone left their caps lock on! Nothing useful to add to the forum, just whining!!!

Oops! That person might criticize me for using 3 exlamation points!

I think it's pathetic!!!

Train